• Message Index Lister - Base order

From oog@21:1/149 to All on Tue Mar 19 18:54:36 2019
    Is there any way to control the order of bases within the index lister?

Looks like it's always alphabetical, though the order when using the "change area" menu option reflects the order in the message base editor in mystic config interface.

Ideally it'd be great to have a way to arbitrarily define order without it being tied to the base name or number. Doing so based on file name isn't bad though, that's simply a matter of injecting a numbering system into the files for the bases, which is what I did in the config interface... so it works,
    just not within the index lister that I can see.

Any insights on this? Seems the _only_ thing that matters to the index lister is base name, or if I set it to put new items at the top that would alter the order based on what's new of course.. is there a "sort by ____" setting that
    I missed somewhere? Nothing seems to be in the template file for it, which would be the most logical place to have that setting I guess..

Thanks in advance :)

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/02 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: inQuiry BBS -\- inquirybbs.com:2023 (21:1/149)
  • From g00r00@21:1/108 to oog on Sun Mar 24 02:42:30 2019
    Is there any way to control the order of bases within the index lister?

Looks like it's always alphabetical, though the order when using the "change area" menu option reflects the order in the message base editor
    in mystic config interface.

The "new" index reader in A44 will have a "sort" option that can be set to false inside the template .ini file. Its completely untested but I've added
    it in based on your feedback here. Thanks! :)

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/02 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Sector 7 (21:1/108)