• DOS commands, Suggestions.

From xqtr@21:1/111 to All on Thu Apr 4 00:22:45 2019
    Lately I am using a lot the DOS commands and have found some things that i would really need. So these are some suggestions, for the future. :)

1. command/filename completion. specially in systems with large filenames, is very time consuming to typing the whole name, again and again. I also found that filenames with spaces work just fine and even without quotes! cool

2. zip/unzip recursive directory structure support. Up to now the unzip
    command doesn't support exctraction of directory structures. Even if an
    archive has some dirs inside, the unzip command throws it all in the current extraction dir.

3. an utility to convert LFs <--> CRLFs would be great!!! it will reduce the time i have to re-upload files, because i forgot to convert the CR/LFs :)

4. most of the times an ANSI images needs to have the !CL!PO pipe commands in them. adding them within the ansi editor (any ansi editor) is a bitch! an utility to add it automatically or as a feature to the embedded ansi editor would be nice.

5. could it be possible to drop to a windows/dos/linux shell, within this pseudo-dos-shell?

6. a command to restart the bbs server, as some times you have to apply
    changes that can't be applied without restarting.

7. the execution of external apps/utils would be great. Many limitations of this "dos shell" could be overcome, by executing external apps.

8. MPLC should be executed as a DOS command and report errors etc. Right now you can only execute it with the DOOR command, but you have no feedback for errors.

9. when upload files an overwrite prompt, perhaps will save someone from overwriting an important file :)

10. when the shell initializes, it should display a message to all Windows users to change their systems to linux :p~~~ lol

The "dos shell" is a great function and even as it is, is very helpful in remote administration. Nice work!

.----- --- -- -
    | Another Droid BBS
    : Telnet : andr01d.zapto.org:9999 [UTC 11:00 - 20:00]
    . Contact : xqtr@gmx.com

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/03 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Another Droid BBS # andr01d.zapto.org:9999 (21:1/111)