• Netmail send issues and the Node list

From Solaris@21:2/1202 to All on Mon May 20 10:46:46 2019
    So I was following this netmail send issue thread , here is some stuff I ran into with netmail issues and what I did to fix my issues ...

1: make sure you make a netmail only "echo" for each net you carry and make sure is marked as netmail vs Echo

2: This mostly happens if I import the node list via mutil multiple times.
    it will import the 1st 2 or 3 lines more that once , and those are usually
    the hub address , so when trying to send a netmail mystic does not understand where to send it as it sees multiple dupe address for the hub.... if you do a node search say 21:2/xxx and see the hub listed twice this is your issue .

3: At this point re-impirting will only make matters worse . I run windows so when this happens I need to look to the node list text file and delete the content , then re-import via mutil , and restart mystic .

not sure if this helps but weather you are sending netmail or not you should still make sure you dont have dupe nodes in the node list entries for the HUB

Laters -

|08Sys|05op So|13laRis
    |13 Err|05or 12|0802 BBS !
    |15I make Bill Ga|07tes do my Te|08ch Support

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/02/06 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: Error 1202 BBS (21:2/1202)
  • From Avon@21:1/101 to Solaris on Tue May 21 16:18:37 2019
    On 20 May 2019 at 06:46a, Solaris pondered and said...

1: make sure you make a netmail only "echo" for each net you carry and make sure is marked as netmail vs Echo

Just a comment. I started to do this also but it's not necessary. I know
    g00r00 designed the netmail base to handle multiple AKA so if you want to
    have all our netmails in one base and know you can reply and send to other networks from that one base. You can, and it works nicely. Given all the NETs you're carrying I can appreciate you may want to split things out :)

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/03 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)
  • From Black Panther@21:1/186 to Avon on Mon May 20 23:01:54 2019
    On 21 May 2019, Avon said the following...

Just a comment. I started to do this also but it's not necessary. I know g00r00 designed the netmail base to handle multiple AKA so if you want to have all our netmails in one base and know you can reply and send to
    other networks from that one base. You can, and it works nicely. Given

I'm actually running two netmail bases. Mystic likes to separate fidonet from othernets. I had originally started setting up one for each network, but when
    I got back down to two, I didn't want to lose the messages, so I kept them both. ;)

---

Black Panther(RCS)
    a.k.a. Dan Richter
    Sysop - Castle Rock BBS
    telnet://bbs.castlerockbbs.com
    http://www.castlerockbbs.com
    The sparrows are flying again....

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/02 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Castle Rock BBS - bbs.castlerockbbs.com (21:1/186)