• DoRENET

From Rick Smith@21:1/190 to All on Tue Apr 7 16:57:43 2020
    Greetings,

I have been trying for weeks to get connected to DoRENET, I get authorization failed when polling. I have double and triple checked everything that I have setup is correct. DM when asked says that everything on his end is how I put it on the application but without checking whether or not he made a typo is a little frustrating but oh well. However I was just going to try and send a netmail to his areafix as he claims he can poll my system, when I enter into the netmail area for dorenet and enter areafix in the to: field it then
    prompts me for node address I enter it and then it shows me his two nodes so
    I enter it again and it keeps showing me his two nodes it never lets me proceed... Any ideas what I can check?

Regards,

Nitro

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/03/29 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: Abacus BBS (21:1/190)
  • From Avon@21:1/101 to Rick Smith on Wed Apr 8 16:51:27 2020
    On 07 Apr 2020 at 12:57p, Rick Smith pondered and said...

Greetings,
    I have been trying for weeks to get connected to DoRENET, I get authorization failed when polling. I have double and triple checked

well that could be password or even a mispelled domain name, you may want to check both. Keep the password to 8 chars or less, I'd suggest all uppercase.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/03/29 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)
  • From Nitro@21:1/190 to Avon on Tue Apr 7 23:06:45 2020
    On 08 Apr 2020, Avon said the following...
    well that could be password or even a mispelled domain name, you may
    want to check both. Keep the password to 8 chars or less, I'd suggest
    all uppercase.

I agree its probably my password is not entered in on the hub side, since watching your videos I always use UPPERCASE for passwords its how they are entered here and its whats on my network application. Ive entered everything more than once everything is spelled correctly... No worries maybe Im not
    meant to belong to that net :-)

On the python thing, it did not run correctly MIS returned RES:9009 now I do not know what that code means but I know the file didnt get updated so I know it didnt run correctly.

In events I have

Hourly
    python c:\mystic\themes\default\scripts\ctracker_mystic.py

I can run successfully from cmd line so I know that it works and I have the right python installed. Do I have that command for events correct?

Regards,

Nitro

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/03/29 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: Abacus BBS (21:1/190)
  • From Captain Obvious@21:1/157 to Nitro on Thu Apr 9 23:43:36 2020
    On 07 Apr 2020, Nitro said the following...

On the python thing, it did not run correctly MIS returned RES:9009 now
    I do not know what that code means but I know the file didnt get updated so I know it didnt run correctly.

I run all of my python scripts from a batch file, either as events or upon login/logoff using the start command so that even if it gets stuck everything else will continue running. Don't know if that would help or not but try it
    and see.

-=>Richard Miles<=-
    -=>Captain Obvious<=-
    -=>bbs.shadowscope.com<=-

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/03/12 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Shadowscope BBS | bbs.shadowscope.com | Temple, GA (21:1/157)