• -N command help; followup

From paulie420@21:2/150 to All on Mon Jul 20 02:36:05 2020
    So, my fsxNet has been down for close to 3 with the HUB2 issue (Thanks for
    the help, Solaris!!!), so I wanted to reiterate my help question from back then... and see if ANYONE has info about it; otherwise, I'm going to switch
    to .MPS and just write a small script. In MPL, I'll ironically use some of
    the same commands. :P

the -N or -Y menu commands... how do I program the menu to proceed USING that Yes/No input from the user?

My case is simple too... if the user selects No, Exit to Main Menu... if they select Yes; continue on to one more menu command to Telnet Out.

The documentation on Mystic WiKi doesn't have any data about -N or -Y, and
    the sections that sound like they would cover the ACTION I'm trying to code
    are empty too... I'm willing to document them after I learn this info. I KNOW it has to be a function; or else why have the -N/-Y commands anyway?!

THANK YOU, fsx!!

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A45 2020/02/18 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: American Pi BBS (21:2/150)
  • From Zip@21:1/202 to paulie420 on Mon Jul 20 13:48:33 2020
    Hello paulie420!

On 19 Jul 2020, paulie420 said the following...
    the -N or -Y menu commands... how do I program the menu to proceed USING that Yes/No input from the user?

Before the -N or -Y command, you should put a -R command (I have "Data: 0" although I believe that does not matter).

Then the -N or -Y command as desired.

Then, for your action to be performed, you use:

Access: OK

...which means that the user either answered "Y" to a -Y question or "N" to an -N question, or:

Access: !OK

...which means that the user answered "N" to a -Y question or "Y" to an -N question.

So usually you put two actions after each other, one that does something on "OK" and one which does something else on "!OK".

Hope this helps! :)

Best regards
    Zip

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/06/11 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Star Collision BBS, Uppsala, Sweden (21:1/202)
  • From paulie420@21:2/150 to Zip on Mon Jul 20 22:06:38 2020
    On 20 Jul 2020, Zip said the following...

Hello paulie420!

On 19 Jul 2020, paulie420 said the following...
    the -N or -Y menu commands... how do I program the menu to proceed US that Yes/No input from the user?

Before the -N or -Y command, you should put a -R command (I have "Data:
    0" although I believe that does not matter).

Then the -N or -Y command as desired.

Then, for your action to be performed, you use:

Access: OK

...which means that the user either answered "Y" to a -Y question or "N" to an -N question, or:

Access: !OK

...which means that the user answered "N" to a -Y question or "Y" to an
    -N question.

So usually you put two actions after each other, one that does something on "OK" and one which does something else on "!OK".

Best regards
    Zip

Yes Zip, it really does... there just isn't any documentation I could find -
    so I thank you; I can figure anything out, I just need data.

Or, there could be some demos somewhere - Just any way for me to grasp the syntax and... anyway, thanks for the data you were able to help with. If I
    get it rolling, I will do a writeup. Because.... where is the info. :P

I HOPE someone chimes in and sayes 'its right here, dummy'... but anyway, I appreciate your attempt.. and think I can iron it out with what you've
    said. Thx.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o

• From paulie420@21:2/150 to Zip on Tue Jul 21 18:10:22 2020
    Hello paulie420!
    [INSERT EXPLANATION FROM ZIPs BRAIN W/O LOOKING!]
    Best regards
    Zip

Hey Zip, just wanted to say thanks again... the info you gave me was exactly what I needed and *I* am going to search the wiki and see if I just missed
    what I needed or if the data you gave isn't there either - and regardless,
    I'm gonna try to make sure the info is somewhere for the next guy. Or gal.

Thanks Zip - you are appreciated.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o

• From Zip@21:1/202 to paulie420 on Wed Jul 22 13:57:01 2020
    Hello paulie420!

On 21 Jul 2020, paulie420 said the following...
    Hey Zip, just wanted to say thanks again... the info you gave me was exactly what I needed and *I* am going to search the wiki and see if I just missed what I needed or if the data you gave isn't there either -
    and regardless, I'm gonna try to make sure the info is somewhere for the next guy. Or gal.

Sounds great! Glad to hear it worked! :)

I've found that sometimes one has to (kind of) combine the ACS documentation, the mystic.txt in the docs folder and info from the changelog to find out how things really work. :)

Best regards
    Zip

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/06/11 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Star Collision BBS, Uppsala, Sweden (21:1/202)
  • From paulie420@21:2/150 to Zip on Wed Jul 22 18:42:20 2020
    Sounds great! Glad to hear it worked! :)

I've found that sometimes one has to (kind of) combine the ACS documentation, the mystic.txt in the docs folder and info from the changelog to find out how things really work. :)
    Best regards
    Zip

So, I've been quoted on here talking about how I used to have a huge 3 ring binder of Renegade docs when I was much younger - and how it was nicer than a webpage for viewing/perusing...

So last night I went on the Mystic Wiki and captured it in its entirety in
    .TXT format. That, combined with the /docs folder and a run to Kinkos and I'm gonna have another 3 ring binder. I think it'll be valuable for Mystic, too...

Also I'm glad you mentioned the changelog... because #1, I left it out of my .TXT files because of how big it is...(appox the same size as the rest of the wiki.) #2, I've never really LOOKED at the changelog- so when I come on here saying 'I went over the wiki already'...... right. Thanks for tipping me off that thats good data in there. I just figured it was like... itemized what changed, WITHOUT any details - I'm gonna go thru the changelog now and dump that into a .TXT to include in the wiki.txt...

Lastly, if anyone else wants the Mystic Wiki (7/20/20) in a small (400k)
    file, just let me know and I'll shoot it to you. Just send an email address would be easiest... I'm gonna go update it WITH the changelog. Thanks, AGAIN. Lulz.

I hope it find out that the info about my original question is in there somewhere... and, I'm really pumped to have it printed.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o