• user birthdates

From Rick Smith@21:1/190.1 to All on Thu Aug 27 02:26:32 2020
    Greetings All!

I had a odd request from a user, they mentioned that under their account settings they are unable to put a valid or accurate birthdate.. I checked and this option is not available so I went into the account menu to see if I could add it, but I cannot find a way to add it.. I imagine its in the data line but I do not find any reference to it in the docs.. Anyone ever get this added to theirs?

----
    Regards,

Rick Smith (Nitro)

... Teenage Hell: A parent who's into BBSing
    --- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707
    * Origin: ----> Abacus Sysop Point --->>>>bbs.abon.us:2323 (21:1/190.1)
  • From Adept@21:2/108 to Rick Smith on Thu Aug 27 21:45:00 2020
    checked and this option is not available so I went into the account menu to see if I could add it, but I cannot find a way to add it.. I imagine its in the data line but I do not find any reference to it in the docs.. Anyone ever get this added to theirs?

Add a command to that menu. Have a "|BI" somewhere in the display text (probably follow the format of the other items, and make sure it has its own hotkey and whatnot)

For the action list, it's
    (GE) Edit user settings

with a Data of

I figured the data number by looking at the "GE - Edit User Settings" on: http://wiki.mysticbbs.com/doku.php?id=menu_commands&s[]=edit&s[]=user&s[]=setti ngs#general_commands

...and the MCI code at http://wiki.mysticbbs.com/doku.php?id=displaycodes&s[]=mci&s[]=codes

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Storm BBS (21:2/108)
  • From Rick Smith@21:1/190.1 to Adept on Thu Aug 27 19:54:06 2020
    Greetings Adept!

27 Aug 20 17:45, you wrote to me about an urgent matter!:

I figured the data number by looking at the "GE - Edit User Settings"
    on:
    http://wiki.mysticbbs.com/doku.php?id=menu_commands&s[]=edit&s[]=user& s[]=setti ngs#general_commands

Thank you for some reason I could not find that..

Do you know if there is a way to edit the .mnu files? Specifically what I am trying to do is add some art to the menu's, I can switch say the file menu to display contents in two columns, which would work for the ansi however the columns are too spread out. I am wondering instead of re-writting all the menu options in the ansi editor, I could edit the spacing of the menu columns somewhere?

----
    Regards,

Rick Smith (Nitro)

... Help save BBSing - Ask your host for INTBBS_WK today!
    --- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707
    * Origin: ----> Abacus Sysop Point --->>>>bbs.abon.us:2323 (21:1/190.1)
  • From Adept@21:2/108 to Rick Smith on Fri Aug 28 03:47:56 2020
    Do you know if there is a way to edit the .mnu files? Specifically what
    I am trying to do is add some art to the menu's, I can switch say the
    file menu to display contents in two columns, which would work for the ansi however the columns are too spread out. I am wondering instead of re-writting all the menu options in the ansi editor, I could edit the spacing of the menu columns somewhere?

I didn't find any easy way of doing so, but I'm certainly no expert on this
    -- especially since I just wrote all the menu options in the ANSI editor for the ones I've changed around.

I wouldn't doubt that you could probably do _something_ in the .mnu files,
    but if there's guidance on manually changing those (if it's even possible, as
    I wouldn't be surprised if it overwrote things when adjusting the menus using the config program), I didn't see anything on the wiki or in the whatsnew notes.

I imagine there are somewhat kludgy ways of doing what you want, too, but I'm not aware of anything.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Storm BBS (21:2/108)