• New Mystic Pre Alpha 6.28.21 great ANSI Viewer!

From The Godfather@21:1/165 to All on Thu Jul 1 23:18:29 2021
    Hey All ..

Looks like another pre-alpha is about to come out. I took a bit for me to setup, but if you'd like to see it .. this version of mystic can view wide resolution ANSI's even if the user calls in at 80x25, both in the ansi viewer as well as areas like "view archive" within the file section. I'm just getting deeper into this but one can also display a singular ansi file at a specific baud rate. Here's the deal ..

You move the arrow keys left to right, up and down, to view the ANSI. This, to me is a huge upgrade for those sysops who don't want the insanity of creating an entire 132x37 or higher resolution theme, and a seperate 80x25 theme as I have .. yet want to be able to view the ansi's over 80x25 in canvas width/length.

creating a simple ansiview.c132.ini and ansiview.c132.ans .. and I was able to create a really nice ansi galleries for my 132 theme also.

You can check it out at www.theunderground.us:10023 or ssh 7771

Change your terminal to 132x37 prior to calling in to see the 132x37 themed view .. or leave as is and check it out in 80x25. In 80x25 the Ansi Art Viewer for mystic is off main/workthestreets/newansiart gallery. In 132x37 .. it's right off the main menu.

Also .. for non mystic sysops, Alpha is working really hard and developing an incredible ArtVu Ansi Viewer DOOR that is fantastic, and I'm beta testing it on TUG off the main menu. You can see his progres on his BBS or mine, or others I'm sure .. as he expands testing out more. Both are really exciting additions, imho, to Mystic if you love ascii and ansi art.

-tG

... I don't have the time for a hobby. I have a computer.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/06/28 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: The Underground [@] theunderground.us:10023 <-port (21:1/165)
  • From Paulie420@21:1/150 to The Godfather on Fri Jul 2 05:46:47 2021
    Looks like another pre-alpha is about to come out. I took a bit for me to setup, but if you'd like to see it .. this version of mystic can view wide resolution ANSI's even if the user calls in at 80x25, both in the ansi viewer as well as areas like "view archive" within the file
    section. I'm just getting deeper into this but one can also display a singular ansi file at a specific baud rate. Here's the deal ..

Dude, you did a sick job with the ANSI viewer ALREADY - lol... its been out
    for like 30 minutes, tG.
    :P

Good stuff, 132c looks really sick - I think a LOT of Mystic ops will be
    pumped about the new ANSI viewer features... its rad how I can scroll thru
    160c ANSI even if I'm 80c - but... I agree, what you have with 132c is insane
    - I'm slow to 'like' the 132c stuff, but the new ANSI viewer in that format
    is really nice.

I'll try to get upgraded soon, and hate that I have to chase you within
    MINUTES of a new feature dropping... good job with the custom ANSI header/footers - its pretty flipping nice.

We, as Mystic sysOps, have a LOT of choices right now for ANSI display -
    ArtVU, xq-ansiview and now the baked in 80/132c ANSI stuff right in Mystic - good job showing it off. It looks kick pooper!!

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Sotano Msx BBS (21:1/150)
  • From bcw142@21:1/145 to Paulie420 on Mon Jul 5 04:31:36 2021
    On 02 Jul 2021, Paulie420 said the following...

Looks like another pre-alpha is about to come out. I took a bit for to setup, but if you'd like to see it .. this version of mystic can v wide resolution ANSI's even if the user calls in at 80x25, both in th ansi viewer as well as areas like "view archive" within the file section. I'm just getting deeper into this but one can also display singular ansi file at a specific baud rate. Here's the deal ..

I'll try to get upgraded soon, and hate that I have to chase you within MINUTES of a new feature dropping... good job with the custom ANSI header/footers - its pretty flipping nice.

Only one thing I noticed, now my ANSI view doesn't work at all. Not sure yet
    if it's a Pi/32 thing or what, but view in archives is now non-functional.
    No doubt something to do with the update, maybe new .ini files or something
    I didn't see mentioned in whatsnew.txt - I'll check Linux/64 next now that
    I see there are issues with 6/26/21 A47 update.

... Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/06/28 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Mystic Pi BBS bcw142.zapto.org:23 (21:1/145)
  • From paulie420@21:2/150 to bcw142 on Mon Jul 5 19:54:55 2021
    Only one thing I noticed, now my ANSI view doesn't work at all. Not sure yet if it's a Pi/32 thing or what, but view in archives is now non-functional. No doubt something to do with the update, maybe new .ini files or something I didn't see mentioned in whatsnew.txt - I'll check Linux/64 next now that I see there are issues with 6/26/21 A47 update.

So I do know that it will work with the Pi - The Godfather @ The Underground has it setup really nicely... it allows us to view up to 160c ANSI even on an 80c screen... theres a left/right AND up/down navigation now. I'm pretty stoked about it. I havent yet updated, but I wonder... theres prolly NEW files to add on this one - not only ./install replace ~/mystic.

I know yer a pro, but if you didn't do any extra commands you might wanna have a better peak at upgrade.txt and whatsnew.txt. All the info's always in there - I missed a few commands on the tagline upgrade so I had to go back and do ./install extract all_the_needed_files.ans/ini ...

Call The Underground and checkout the new ANSI Viewer features. He did a good job at showing it off.. he also says its awesome calling in at 132c... I don't do that as much, but he has it rockin.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/06/21 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: 2o fOr beeRS bbs>>>20ForBeers.com:1337 (21:2/150)