• Fastlogin by Node

From Alterego@VERT/ALTERANT to All on Wed Sep 25 19:48:58 2019
    Howdy,

I'm playing with shells, and what I would like to do is have users who login to a specific node (node 4 in my case), have no output rendered until they get to the shell.

So I know logon.js is run, and it has toggles that determine what it does (eg: fastlogin true/false) - but it still outputs "Last few callers", "Auto message" and Node Status.

I'm assuming logon.js is required - looks like it sets some inactivity timers and things - do I need to modify it so that it is quiet, or is there another way?

If I have to modify it, can I request an enhancement? Maybe an Exemption that bypasses output in logon.js... :)
    ...δεσ*

... A liberal is a man who leaves the room when a fight begins.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Alterant | an SBBS in Docker on Pi!
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Alterego on Wed Sep 25 03:22:31 2019
    Re: Fastlogin by Node
    By: Alterego to All on Wed Sep 25 2019 03:48 pm

Howdy,

I'm playing with shells, and what I would like to do is have users who login to a specific node (node 4 in my case), have no output rendered until they get to the shell.

So I know logon.js is run, and it has toggles that determine what it does (eg: fastlogin true/false) - but it still outputs "Last few callers", "Auto message" and Node Status.

I'm assuming logon.js is required - looks like it sets some inactivity timers and things - do I need to modify it so that it is quiet, or is there another way?

You'd need to modify it.

If I have to modify it, can I request an enhancement? Maybe an Exemption that bypasses output in logon.js... :)

But... it sounded you wanted this conditional on the node number that was in use, not an exemption. Just have logon.js check the node number and exit if it's equal to 4.

digital man

Synchronet/BBS Terminology Definition #3:
    ASCII = American Standard Code for Information Interchange
    Norco, CA WX: 74.2°F, 50.0% humidity, 0 mph ESE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net