• Changing Shell

From Alterego@VERT/ALTERANT to Digital Man on Sun Oct 27 04:12:52 2019
    Hey DM,

How do you change shell while still logged in?

In my (custom) shell - I'm calling both bbs.user_config(), and both an eval(cmd) [where cmd=bbs.user_config()], and it appears to update the user's details, but I'm still in my shell until the user logs out.

(I was looking (and trying to copy) how it is being doing in classic_shell.js but I must be missing something.)

IE: If a user chooses to change shell, I was hoping that would be effective immediately, not having to logout and in.
    ...δεσ*

... A diplomat is a man who thinks twice before saying nothing.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Alterant | an SBBS in Docker on Pi!
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Alterego on Sat Oct 26 12:46:29 2019
    Re: Changing Shell
    By: Alterego to Digital Man on Sun Oct 27 2019 12:12 am

Hey DM,

How do you change shell while still logged in?

In my (custom) shell - I'm calling both bbs.user_config(), and both an eval(cmd) [where cmd=bbs.user_config()], and it appears to update the user's details, but I'm still in my shell until the user logs out.

(I was looking (and trying to copy) how it is being doing in classic_shell.js but I must be missing something.)

IE: If a user chooses to change shell, I was hoping that would be effective immediately, not having to logout and in.

Yes, that's how it normally works. You might need to exit() or "return" from your JS shell for a new (possibly non-JS) shell to be reloaded.

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #90:
    Synchronet/DSZ "hack" of '93: http://wiki.synchro.net/history:hack93
    Norco, CA WX: 71.0°F, 24.0% humidity, 0 mph SW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Alterego@VERT/ALTERANT to Digital Man on Sun Oct 27 15:22:05 2019
    Re: Changing Shell
    By: Digital Man to Alterego on Sat Oct 26 2019 08:46 am

Yes, that's how it normally works. You might need to exit() or "return" from your JS shell for a new (possibly non-JS) shell to be reloaded.

Yes, I was thinking along those lines - but I couldnt see how you did that in class_shell.js (but I will admit I wasnt looking hard into the code).

Thanks...
    ...δεσ*

... Prepare to meet thy GOD! (Evening dress optional)

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Alterant | an SBBS in Docker on Pi!