• Stupid CVS 101 question

From Tony Langdon@VERT to All on Sun Dec 22 21:46:00 2019
    Got one of those basic questions I can't seem to find the answer to. I've been following the wiki instructions for setting up HTTPS with Letsencrypt. Only problem is I don't seem to have letsencrypt.js in my exec directory. How do I download that single file from CVS?

And yes, I am using a recent build of Synchronet, but it was an upgrade, not a fresh installation.

... 'Stupidity, if left untreated, is self-correcting' RAH.
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
    * Origin: Freeway BBS Bendigo,Australia freeway.apana.org.au (3:633/410)
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From HusTler@VERT/HAVENS to Tony Langdon on Sun Dec 22 12:23:38 2019
    Re: Stupid CVS 101 question
    By: Tony Langdon to All on Sun Dec 22 2019 04:46 pm

Got one of those basic questions I can't seem to find the answer to. I've been following the wiki instructions for setting up HTTPS with Letsencrypt. Only problem is I don't seem to have letsencrypt.js in my exec directory. How do I download that single file from CVS?

You won't see letsencrpyt in your exec directory. You should see letsyncrypt.js in your exec directory and letsyncrypt.ini in your ctrl directory. letsencrypt is not included with synchronet.

H A V E N S B B S havens.synchro.net:23

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Havens BBS havens.synchro.net
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Tony Langdon on Sun Dec 22 16:50:18 2019
    Re: Stupid CVS 101 question
    By: Tony Langdon to All on Sun Dec 22 2019 04:46 pm

I haven't set that up yet, but from what I can tell, there isn't a letsencrypt.js, but there is a letsyncrypt.js. To get it from CVS, you can go to this URL in a web browser:
    http://cvs.synchro.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/exec/letsyncrypt.js?view=log
    Then, on the latest revision (at the top of the list), click the "download" link. Since it's text, it might just display it in your web browser. You should be able to then right-click in your browser window and choose "Save as" or similar. If not, you can highlight everything and copy & paste it to a text file and save it as letsyncrypt.js. Then copy/move that to your sbbs/exec folder.

Nightfox

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com