• Feasibility of calling standard curses program

From Arelor@VERT to All on Thu Jun 11 16:00:07 2020
    Hello there!

Just a matter of curiosity. Is it feasible to take a standard linux program with an
    curses interface and make it available as an External program for a Synchronet instance? For example, an early Rogue game.

There are docs about FOSSIL drivers and such but I would not know where to beging
    looking in order to interface Synchronet with an arbitrary terminal program (or what
    modifications the terminal program would need).

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Arelor on Fri Jun 12 14:14:17 2020
    Re: Feasibility of calling standard curses program
    By: Arelor to All on Thu Jun 11 2020 12:00 pm

Hello there!

Just a matter of curiosity. Is it feasible to take a standard linux program with an curses interface and make it available as an External program for a Synchronet instance? For example, an early Rogue game.

Yes.

There are docs about FOSSIL drivers and such but I would not know where to beging looking in order to interface Synchronet with an arbitrary terminal program (or what modifications the terminal program would need).

You'd want to use standard I/O redirection: http://wiki.synchro.net/howto:door:index

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #22:
    The second ever Synchronet BBS was the Mid-Nite Hacker BBS (sysop: The Zapper). Norco, CA WX: 71.6°F, 64.0% humidity, 5 mph E wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
  • From Arelor@VERT to Digital Man on Fri Jun 12 16:01:29 2020
    Re: Feasibility of calling standard curses program
    By: Digital Man to Arelor on Fri Jun 12 2020 10:14 am

You'd want to use standard I/O redirection: http://wiki.synchro.net/howto:door:index

digital man

That is awesome.

If you were a gal I'd marry you.

Cheers!

---