• Semafore on tossed echmail

From alterego@VERT/ALTERANT to Digital Man on Fri Sep 25 14:59:01 2020
    Hey DM,

I know I asked about this a while ago, but wanted to check on it in case I missed seeing it implemented. (I dont think it is..)

I'm hoping to see a semafore created when sbbsecho tosses mail to a sub and the sub has a semafore defined in scfg (sub -> Advanced Options -> Semaphore File).

It seems that that semaphore is created when you write a message on the BBS in that sub, but if something comes in via sbbsecho, that semafore is not created.

Has that been added?

(My work around would be to have a cron job check for new messages in that sub, but I'm hoping to have it more real-time event driven... :)

...δεσ∩

... Nostalgia is OK, but it's not what it used to be.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Alterant | an SBBS in Docker on Pi!
  • From Digital Man@VERT to alterego on Fri Sep 25 00:22:20 2020
    Re: Semafore on tossed echmail
    By: alterego to Digital Man on Fri Sep 25 2020 10:59 am

Hey DM,

I know I asked about this a while ago, but wanted to check on it in case I missed seeing it implemented. (I dont think it is..)

I'm hoping to see a semafore created when sbbsecho tosses mail to a sub and the sub has a semafore defined in scfg (sub -> Advanced Options -> Semaphore File).

It seems that that semaphore is created when you write a message on the BBS in that sub, but if something comes in via sbbsecho, that semafore is not created.

Has that been added?

No, it had not.

(My work around would be to have a cron job check for new messages in that sub, but I'm hoping to have it more real-time event driven... :)

I found your original request in my todo list (by your unique spelling of "semaphore") - anyway, it's implemented now. Hopefully that does what you were wanting.

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #40:
    Synchronet has been ported to FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris, QNX, and MacOS.
    Norco, CA WX: 73.3°F, 56.0% humidity, 1 mph E wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From alterego@VERT/ALTERANT to Digital Man on Fri Sep 25 21:43:52 2020
    Re: Semafore on tossed echmail
    By: Digital Man to alterego on Thu Sep 24 2020 08:22 pm

Howdy,

I found your original request in my todo list (by your unique spelling of "semaphore") - anyway, it's implemented now.
    Hopefully that does what you were wanting.

Thanks - I'll kick off a rebuild.

Yeah, I know I misspell it - I think a hangover from the old days, when I would have a directory called SEMAFORE - in the days when you could only have 8.3 char filenames...

...δεσ∩

... Ignorance is no excuse-it's the real thing.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Alterant | an SBBS in Docker on Pi!