• Possible Typo

From WitNik@VERT/BGGRSCYN to Digital Man on Fri Nov 6 16:01:23 2020
    When displaying the Sysop Menu, I noticed that the flags for different modes like ANON and QUIET are displayed in ():

Node Display/Control: Editing:
    NODE [args] Node Utility UEDIT [user] Edit User Account
    DOWN <nodes> Toggle Down Flag EDIT Edit Text/MSG File
    LOCK <nodes> Lock/Unlock (N)
    INTR <nodes> Toggle Interrupt (I) Viewing:
    ANON Toggle Anonymous (Q) LIST [file] View Text/ANSI/MSG File QUIET Toggle Quiet (Q) LOG Today's Log

ANON sets (A) flag and not (Q)

Also, if it mattered to you for consistency, the Lock/Unlock (N) isn't aligned with the rest of the entries and DOWN lacks its flag (D). If you would like, I could find this display and make the changes and submit them to you. It's OCD Friday apparently... =)

-WitNik

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ * Origin: Beggar's Canyon - beggarscyn.com *
  • From Digital Man@VERT to WitNik on Fri Nov 6 21:51:25 2020
    Re: Possible Typo
    By: WitNik to Digital Man on Fri Nov 06 2020 11:01 am

When displaying the Sysop Menu, I noticed that the flags for different modes like ANON and QUIET are displayed in ():

Node Display/Control: Editing:
    NODE [args] Node Utility UEDIT [user] Edit User Account DOWN <nodes> Toggle Down Flag EDIT Edit Text/MSG File LOCK <nodes> Lock/Unlock (N)
    INTR <nodes> Toggle Interrupt (I) Viewing:
    ANON Toggle Anonymous (Q) LIST [file] View Text/ANSI/MSG File QUIET Toggle Quiet (Q) LOG Today's Log

ANON sets (A) flag and not (Q)

The heading of that menu attempts to give you a legend:
    "Required exemptions shown in ()"

So the (Q) is in reference to the exemption flag required to use that command, not the node status display.

Also, if it mattered to you for consistency, the Lock/Unlock (N) isn't aligned with the rest of the entries and DOWN lacks its flag (D). If you would like, I could find this display and make the changes and submit them to you. It's OCD Friday apparently... =)

That menu could use some re-work. There are too many sysop commands to really fit on one screen and many of those are pretty obsolete/unnecessary these days.
    --
    digital man

Sling Blade quote #20:
    Doyle: Hey is this the kind of retard that drools and rubs shit in his hair? Norco, CA WX: 66.0°F, 69.0% humidity, 5 mph E wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From mlong@VERT/INREALM to Digital Man on Sat Nov 7 22:09:36 2020
    That menu could use some re-work. There are too many sysop commands to really fit on one screen and many of those are pretty obsolete/unnecessary these days.
    --
    digital man

I would vote for adding the sysop availability command..I think it's ;AVAIL ?

---
    þ Synchronet þ Inner Realm BBS - Charlotte, NC - innerrealmbbs.us
  • From WitNik@VERT/BGGRSCYN to Digital Man on Sat Nov 7 18:35:47 2020
    Re: Possible Typo
    By: Digital Man to WitNik on Fri Nov 06 2020 04:51 pm

So the (Q) is in reference to the exemption flag required to use that command, not the node status display.

I stand corrected =)

Thanks for pointing that one out. SBBS is awesome! I'm having a blast with it. Even the older 2.x version puts the old TriBBS I ran in the 90s to shame.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ * Origin: Beggar's Canyon - beggarscyn.com *