• Sent Netmail gets killed anyways

From Bob Roberts@VERT/HOVAL to Digital Man on Thu Dec 24 19:59:05 2020
    Hi DM,

Maybe this is a bug. Maybe I'm dumb.
    In SCFG, under Networks -> Fidonet Echomail and NetMail
    I have "Kill Netmail After Sent" set to No.

But the Netmails still get marked for Deletion after sent. I can't see them when I view Sent (Option K under Email) but when I use ;MAIL I can see them with their Delete Asterisks.

I also have Email set to "Kill after Sent - No". Email operates as expected, and does not get marked.... this is only happening for Netmail.

Bob Roberts

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Halls of Valhalla =San=Francisco= Happy Holidays
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Bob Roberts on Thu Dec 24 22:18:29 2020
    Re: Sent Netmail gets killed anyways
    By: Bob Roberts to Digital Man on Thu Dec 24 2020 02:59 pm

Hi DM,

Maybe this is a bug. Maybe I'm dumb.
    In SCFG, under Networks -> Fidonet Echomail and NetMail
    I have "Kill Netmail After Sent" set to No.

That setting controls whether the FidoNet NetMail "stored message" (*.msg file) will be killed after it is sent. It does not control whether the message in the "mail" base will be deleted after it was been processed by SBBSecho.

But the Netmails still get marked for Deletion after sent. I can't see them when I view Sent (Option K under Email) but when I use ;MAIL I can see them with their Delete Asterisks.

I also have Email set to "Kill after Sent - No". Email operates as expected, and does not get marked.... this is only happening for Netmail.

SBBSecho is deleting the "mail" message after it was has processed it. Set echocfg->NetMail->Delete Processed NetMail to "No" to disable that behavior of SBBSecho.
    --
    digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #5:
    Synchronet version 3 for Win32 development began in 1999.
    Norco, CA WX: 53.6°F, 40.0% humidity, 0 mph SW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net