• Cannot receive Netmail

From Michael Mrak@VERT to All on Mon May 3 20:02:50 2021
    Hello everybody!

I have a strange problem using Synchronet. I can easyly send Netmail via the Electronic Mail Menu from my Synchronet BBS - everything looks fine and Netmails are sent and can be received.

Also Echomail is set up properly and the feed from my bossnode works perfekt - in and outbound.

But i dont receive any Netmail. Any idea where i can start to investigate?

My BBS can be reached via telnet to fidobbs.mrak.at - it has the address 2:31/124 and AKA 2:31/123.

I am using Synchronet for Linux.

Michael

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5--b20170303
    * Origin: Silent Chat Point (2:310/31.4)
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Michael Mrak on Mon May 3 11:39:49 2021
    Re: Cannot receive Netmail
    By: Michael Mrak to All on Mon May 03 2021 08:02 pm

Hello everybody!

I have a strange problem using Synchronet. I can easyly send Netmail via the Electronic Mail Menu from my Synchronet BBS - everything looks fine and Netmails are sent and can be received.

Also Echomail is set up properly and the feed from my bossnode works perfekt - in and outbound.

But i dont receive any Netmail. Any idea where i can start to investigate?

Look at your mailer (e.g. BinkIT) log output - does it indicate that netmail packet(s) have been received when expected? If yes, the next step is to look at the tosser (e.g. SBSBecho) log output and see how it treated the netmail packet.
    --
    digital man

Rush quote #24:
    The more that things change, the more they stay the same
    Norco, CA WX: 73.3°F, 48.0% humidity, 1 mph NNE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs ---
  • From Michael Mrak@VERT to Digital Man on Tue May 4 16:43:32 2021
    Hello Digital!

03 May 21 11:39, you wrote to me:

Look at your mailer (e.g. BinkIT) log output - does it indicate that netmail packet(s) have been received when expected? If yes, the next
    step is to look at the tosser (e.g. SBSBecho) log output and see how
    it treated the netmail packet.

Okay, i found some info in the logs. I can receive response Netmails from my bossnode (if i send mails to areafix) and get correct replies. Might be an issue at my bossnode, because for example i can not send netmail from my point (connected to a different node). I can only receive netmails directly from my bossnode.

Michael

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5--b20170303
    * Origin: Silent Chat Point (2:310/31.4)