• Text.rip

From DesotoFireflite@VERT/VALHALLA to All on Thu Sep 23 10:27:03 2021
    Does anyone know if Sync makes use of a text.rip file or something else for areas that don't have a rip menu. Let me try to explain, In GAP, another bbs package I use, if a rip menu is unavailable, it will use a text.rip menu that will show the ans/asc menu with rip graphics surrounding the ans/asc menu that you still have mouse functions and it will show the ans/asc menu. The rip part of the surround has every letter of the alphabit plus the enter and esc keys that are mouseable. Does a rip menu exist in synchronet for this function. As always, thanks in advance.

SysOp: C.G. Learn, AKA: DesotoFireflite
    Valhalla Home Services! - (Synchronet) - bbs.valhallabbs.com
    Valhalla II! - (GAP) - bbs.valhallabbs.com:24
    Valhalla III! - (RemoteAccess) - bbs.valhallabbs.com:5023
    Valhalla Home Services Web! - http://bbs.valhallabbs.com
    A Gamers Paradise - Over 150 Registered Online Game Doors!

Home Of Odin's Maze Game Server!
    Come Play Trade Wars On Valhalla's T.W.G.S!

--- SENILE.COM found...Out of Memory...
    ■ Synchronet ■ Valhalla Home Services ■ USA ■ http://valhalla.synchro.net
  • From Digital Man@VERT to DesotoFireflite on Thu Sep 23 11:36:39 2021
    Re: Text.rip
    By: DesotoFireflite to All on Thu Sep 23 2021 10:27 am

Does anyone know if Sync makes use of a text.rip file or something else for areas that don't have a rip menu. Let me try to explain, In GAP, another bbs package I use, if a rip menu is unavailable, it will use a text.rip menu that will show the ans/asc menu with rip graphics surrounding the ans/asc menu that you still have mouse functions and it will show the ans/asc menu. The rip part of the surround has every letter of the alphabit plus the enter and esc keys that are mouseable. Does a rip menu exist in synchronet for this function. As always, thanks in advance.

No, but you could make one. The "menu" system you're referring to sounds like a "command shell" in Synchronet, and command shells are completely scripted so you could do whatever you like.
    --
    digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #42:
    What day the Lord created Spinal Tap and couldn't he have rested on that day? Norco, CA WX: 85.9°F, 37.0% humidity, 4 mph N wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net