• Error starting ircd.js

From Jame@VERT/ROCASA to All on Sat Feb 26 01:02:00 2011
    All,

I'm attempting to do some testing in an v3.14 install and am getting the following error message when ircd.js is being started:

2/26 00:47:10 srvc 0017 IRC !JavaScript /opt/synchronet/exec/ircd.js line 94: ReferenceError: log is not defined

Not certain what might be causing that. Is it being caused by a config issue of some sort? By an incorrect set of exec/*js files? Something else?

Note also that I can't find where the log function is being defined in the installed files, but I'm also not sure that I'm looking for the right thing...
    (Don't know much about javascript yet...)

Jame

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ rocasa.synchro.net
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Jame on Sat Feb 26 12:10:47 2011
    Re: Error starting ircd.js
    By: Jame to All on Fri Feb 25 2011 20:02:00

I'm attempting to do some testing in an v3.14 install and am getting the following error message when ircd.js is being started:

2/26 00:47:10 srvc 0017 IRC !JavaScript /opt/synchronet/exec/ircd.js line 9 ReferenceError: log is not defined

Have you tried updating your JavaScript files from the Synchronet CVS repository?

Nightfox

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion BBS: digdist.bbsindex.com
  • From Jame@VERT/ROCASA to Nightfox on Sat Feb 26 20:41:00 2011
    Nightfox,

I'm attempting to do some testing in an v3.14 install and am getting
    the following error message when ircd.js is being started:

2/26 00:47:10 srvc 0017 IRC !JavaScript /opt/synchronet/exec/ircd.js
    line 9 ReferenceError: log is not defined

Have you tried updating your JavaScript files from the Synchronet CVS repository?

Well, I would if were trying to build for something more current but this is supposed to be for v3.14. I know it 3.14 works because that is what is running this instance of Synchronet, & I don't recall that I had to get anything later to get it to work...

My current guess is that I messed up the creation of a source archive, possibly due to an issue with tag in CVS. I think I've found copies of an archive created back when I first pulled the v3.14 files, so I'll try building with those.

In the mean time I am also working on debian packaging for the current code from CVS, using the source and run archives being created.

Jame

---
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Jame on Mon Feb 28 21:15:17 2011
    Re: Error starting ircd.js
    By: Jame to All on Fri Feb 25 2011 08:02 pm

All,

2/26 00:47:10 srvc 0017 IRC !JavaScript /opt/synchronet/exec/ircd.js line 94: ReferenceError: log is not defined

Not certain what might be causing that. Is it being caused by a config issue of some sort? By an incorrect set of exec/*js files? Something
    else?

Note also that I can't find where the log function is being defined in the installed files, but I'm also not sure that I'm looking for the right thing...
    (Don't know much about javascript yet...)

I suspect you need to upgrade to Synchronet v3.15 to run the latest ircd. Did you update your ircd after installing v3.14? In any case, it'd be a good idea to upgrade.

digital man

Snapple "Real Fact" #87:
    A mile on the ocean and a mile on land are not the same distance.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From Jame@VERT/ROCASA to Digital Man on Wed Mar 2 01:10:00 2011

I suspect you need to upgrade to Synchronet v3.15 to run the latest ircd.

I'm back to working on that, preferably still using a debian package. Need to build a 64 bit lenny container (I'm using Linux Containers now, replacing the VServers I have been using) to do the testing...

Did you update your ircd after installing v3.14?

Nope. Certainly not for this install, that I recall, but it is running here (netstat -tlnp |grep 6667):

tcp 0 0 192.168.4.18:6667 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 26326/sbbs

And I hadn't thought I'd done so for the source archive I was using to test the v3.14 debian package builds... But I found that I wasn't using the same set of files for that as I'd used for this install, which is still the original manual compile I did of v3.14 back in January 2009 (ircd.js 81504 Dec 29 2006). Did recreate a source archive to try a 3.14 build again but I'm not sure that it's that much better...

In any case, it'd be a good idea to upgrade.

Indeed, and I've come back to that idea. Much as I'd still like to create a debian package for the 3.14a version, I want to learn SBBS better than I've had a chance to, especially the javascript used with it; and that means the current version, as that is where you all are doing the work...

Jame

---