• DDAreaChooser.js

From John@VERT/JCBBS to All on Wed Nov 25 22:35:32 2020
    Hi Folks:

Running into an issue, 2020-04-19 Eric Oulashin Version 1.20 DDAreachooser.js I get an error !JavaScript /home/jc/sbbs/mods/DDMsgAreaChooser.js line 1666: TypeError: msgHeader is null

Anyone run into this as of yet? I am calling it from Baja...

Thanks
    John

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ My Brand-New BBS
  • From Bob Roberts@VERT/HOVAL to John on Fri Nov 27 04:37:14 2020
    Re: DDAreaChooser.js
    By: John to All on Wed Nov 25 2020 05:35 pm

DDAreachooser.js I get an error !JavaScript /home/jc/sbbs/mods/DDMsgAreaChooser.js line 1666: TypeError: msgHeader is null

I'm not sure, but my guess is you've got a bunch of empty message bases or something? Nightfox is the author of the DD tools, he should be around here somewhere.

You need to configure your Origin line in SCFG under Networks - QWK Networks

|01bobbobbobbob|09bob|03bob|11bob|03bob|09bob|01bobbobbob |01robrobrobrob|09rob|03rob|11rob|03rob|09rob|01robrobrob

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Halls of Valhalla =San=Francisco= Happy Thanksgiving
  • From John@VERT/JCBBS to Bob Roberts on Fri Nov 27 11:00:25 2020
    By: Bob Roberts to John on Thu Nov 26 2020 11:37 pm

DDAreachooser.js I get an error !JavaScript /home/jc/sbbs/mods/DDMsgAreaChooser.js line 1666:
    TypeError:
    msgHeader is null

I'm not sure, but my guess is you've got a bunch of empty message bases or something? Nightfox is the
    author
    of the DD tools, he should be around here somewhere.

You need to configure your Origin line in SCFG under Networks - QWK Networks

|01bobbobbobbob|09bob|03bob|11bob|03bob|09bob|01bobbobbob |01robrobrobrob|09rob|03rob|11rob|03rob|09rob|01robrobrob

Hi Bob:

Thanks, I was thinking that as well at first, but then i checked and there are posts in those bases.

Thanks,
    Johb

---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to John on Fri Nov 27 16:19:18 2020

Running into an issue, 2020-04-19 Eric Oulashin Version 1.20 DDAreachooser.js I get an error !JavaScript /home/jc/sbbs/mods/DDMsgAreaChooser.js line 1666: TypeError: msgHeader is null

That doesn't seem to match what's in the Synchronet repository - Line 1666 of DDMsgAreaChooser.js in the repository is something different (it doesn't reference msgHeader on that line) So I'm not sure exactly where the error is happening. Occasionally, I think messagebase corruption can cause weird behavior like that, and I might try using chksmb and fixmb to check for and fix any messagebase issues that might be there.

Nightfox

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From John@VERT/JCBBS to Nightfox on Fri Nov 27 21:16:48 2020
    By: Nightfox to John on Fri Nov 27 2020 11:19 am

Running into an issue, 2020-04-19 Eric Oulashin Version 1.20 DDAreachooser.js I get an error
    !JavaScript
    /home/jc/sbbs/mods/DDMsgAreaChooser.js line 1666: TypeError: msgHeader is null

That doesn't seem to match what's in the Synchronet repository - Line 1666 of DDMsgAreaChooser.js in the
    repository is something different (it doesn't reference msgHeader on that line) So I'm not sure exactly
    where
    the error is happening. Occasionally, I think messagebase corruption can cause weird behavior like that,
    and
    I might try using chksmb and fixmb to check for and fix any messagebase issues that might be there.

Nightfox

Hi There:

Thank you, let me check my version against the repo. I ran both chk and fix smb, all is fine there. I will let you know, thanks for the tips!

Regards,
    John

---
  • From John@VERT/JCBBS to Nightfox on Fri Nov 27 21:29:59 2020
    By: John to Nightfox on Fri Nov 27 2020 04:16 pm

By: Nightfox to John on Fri Nov 27 2020 11:19 am

Running into an issue, 2020-04-19 Eric Oulashin Version 1.20 DDAreachooser.js I get an error
    !JavaScript
    /home/jc/sbbs/mods/DDMsgAreaChooser.js line 1666: TypeError: msgHeader is null

That doesn't seem to match what's in the Synchronet repository - Line 1666 of DDMsgAreaChooser.js in the
    repository is something different (it doesn't reference msgHeader on that line) So I'm not sure exactly
    where
    the error is happening. Occasionally, I think messagebase corruption can cause weird behavior like
    that,
    and
    I might try using chksmb and fixmb to check for and fix any messagebase issues that might be there.

Nightfox

Hi There:

Thank you, let me check my version against the repo. I ran both chk and fix smb, all is fine there. I will
    let
    you know, thanks for the tips!

Regards,
    John

Hi There:

Thanks!! I had a copy in /mods which was earlier. Works like a charm now! Great program btw:)

Thanks,
    John

---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to John on Sun Nov 29 13:11:50 2020
    By: John to Nightfox on Fri Nov 27 2020 04:29 pm

Thanks!! I had a copy in /mods which was earlier. Works like a charm now! Great program btw:)

I'm glad it's working for you. :)

Nightfox

---
  • From John@VERT/JCBBS to Nightfox on Sun Nov 29 16:39:23 2020
    By: Nightfox to John on Sun Nov 29 2020 08:11 am

Thanks Again!

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ JCBBS what an unoriginal name:)
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to John on Sun Nov 29 16:50:50 2020
    By: John to Nightfox on Sun Nov 29 2020 11:39 am

Thanks Again!

No problem.

Nightfox

---