• Webv4 JS for Message Date

From Cellguy@VERT/MSBGTN01 to All on Sat Feb 20 16:50:47 2021
    I an not very good at jS programming. Here is my question, I would like to add a function on the webv4 page that adds the last message date to the forums sub list. what would be the text I would insert and where? I pretty sure it would be inserted in webv4/lib/forum.js.

This question may not have enough details so let me know and I can fill in the blanks. Like I said, all i am really wanting to do is add the last message date to the subs in the forum list.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ * Slate Hell BBS | msbgtn01.synchro.net | Mooresburg, TN
  • From echicken to Cellguy on Sun Feb 21 04:13:37 2021
    Re: Webv4 JS for Message Date
    By: Cellguy to All on Sat Feb 20 2021 11:50:47

add a function on the webv4 page that adds the last message date to the forums sub list. what would be the text I would insert and where? I pretty sure it would be inserted in webv4/lib/forum.js.

This used to be a feature in a previous iteration of the web UI, but I didn't implement it this time around because it was a bit slow.

I may add it back in when I get back to rewriting the forum page, which will be pretty soon now. There are faster or less obtrusive ways of doing it than I did before.

Anyway, if you want to add it this feature, the thing to do would be to copy webv4/pages/002-forum.ssjs over to webv4/mods/pages/002-forum.ssjs, and then add your code somewhere in there. It's not terribly complicated, but it is more involved than just inserting a bit of text.

---
    echicken
    electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com
  • From Cellguy@VERT/MSBGTN01 to echicken on Sun Feb 21 05:54:01 2021
    Re: Webv4 JS for Message Date
    By: echicken to Cellguy on Sat Feb 20 2021 11:13 pm

Unfortunatly, I have no idea what the code would be. Whe it comes to java programming, I have no idea what I am doing. I know enough to make things break. I can wait for it to be added in. I used to use it in v3 as a quick and easy way to verify my mail toss was working every morning. When I moved over to webv4, i was disapointed that function was gone. But, I do like Webv4, it seems easier to customise.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ * Slate Hell BBS | msbgtn01.synchro.net | Mooresburg, TN