• Drop Down Menu

From Mrproper@VERT to Deuce on Mon Oct 26 02:03:50 2009
    Hey Deuce,

Just found your drop down menu, Kicks ass man, I was working on one like that in baja a couple years back but could never get it to work quite right for me, but it looked just about the same except the command originated from a sidebar.

Did you do this is JS (prolly so) and if you don't mind can i fsck with it a bit to try to intergrate (redo) mine using your js to do it, of course original credit goes to you... I wanted to create one like that and have graphical interface kinda like naplps but more on the line of html and have synchronet deliver the commands to a special client that would recieve updated graphics etc upon login. I now at the beginning before the web version came along that sync use to ask the terminal, html? and I though something like that would be more bbs like then selling out to the www.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From Deuce@VERT/SYNCNIX to Mrproper on Mon Oct 26 19:26:51 2009
    Re: Drop Down Menu
    By: Mrproper to Deuce on Sun Oct 25 2009 09:03 pm

Did you do this is JS (prolly so) and if you don't mind can i fsck with it
    a bit to try to intergrate (redo) mine using your js to do it, of course original credit goes to you... I wanted to create one like that and have graphical interface kinda like naplps but more on the line of html and have synchronet deliver the commands to a special client that would recieve updated graphics etc upon login. I now at the beginning before the web version came along that sync use to ask the terminal, html? and I though something like that would be more bbs like then selling out to the www.

Yeah, it's JS and feel free to do whatever you want with it. Credit is nice, but having more Cool Stuff out there is nicer.

As for the HTML term stuff, I think Synchronet still supports it, and I have some stuff in some of the default menus to use it, but I haven't got it to a point where I think it's usable yet and I've lost interest due to the inability to drag the BBS community into the 21st century. I may pick it back up agains someday, but the basic problem is that nobody is interested in stuff that's not backwards compatible.

---
    Synchronet - Jump on the Web 0.2 bandwagon!

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ My Brand-New BBS (All the cool SysOps run STOCK!)
  • From Mrproper@VERT to Deuce on Mon Oct 26 23:51:09 2009
    Re: Drop Down Menu
    By: Deuce to Mrproper on Mon Oct 26 2009 02:26 pm

As for the HTML term stuff, I think Synchronet still supports it, and I have some stuff in some of the default menus to use it, but I haven't got it to a point where I think it's usable yet and I've lost interest due to the inabil to drag the BBS community into the 21st century. I may pick it back up agai someday, but the basic problem is that nobody is interested in stuff that's backwards compatible.

I just think it would be a nice feature, I always though that a bbs should be a "world" apart from the web, etc.. give people a different feel while utilizing gui too.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net