• Windows VS2019 build issue

From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Digital Man on Sat Jul 27 03:33:00 2019
    Hi DM,

I don't know how, but my original post for this ended up in the Dove-Net JavaScript sub-board. I was trying to post in the Synchronet Programming (C/C++ and CVS) sub-board. I'm not sure what happened.

I've been wanting to try to debug what may be a memory leak issue (when the Synchronet web server is in use, Synchronet's memory usage creeps up until it's using almost all the available RAM). So, I updated my src directory from CVS and tried to build sbbs3.sln. I'm using Visual Studio 2019 Community. I tried building in debug mode so the debug symbols would be available. It got to a point where text.h was clobbered to where everything in text.h after the "enum {" line was removed, so when it tried to build further projets, it was giving me the error "fatal error C1070: mismatched #if/#endif pair in file 'D:\SynchronetCVS\src\sbbs3\text.h'".

I noticed this in the output:
    error MSB3073: The command ".\msvc.win32.exe.debug\textgen
    error MSB3073: :VCEnd" exited with code 1
    Done building project "textgen.vcxproj" -- FAILED.

It seems most of the binaries got built though. I tried restoring all of text.h and building again, and it built more of the projects before that happened again.

Nightfox

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com