• Time Portal BBS

From Xucaen@VERT/TIMEPORT to All on Tue Dec 15 02:53:54 2015
    My second BBS since 1996. I am currently working on a new door game I call Labyrinth. It is a text based maze adventure. I would love to have some folks try it out and maybe make suggestions. There are currently 7 levels of mazes, player starts on the first level, the exit is on the seventh level. Player state is saved when you exit.

Come on by and say 'hi'. timeport.synchro.net:2112

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Time Portal - timeport.synchro.net:2112 - Celebrating the past from the futu
  • From Gryphon@VERT/CYBERIA to Xucaen on Tue Dec 15 17:19:00 2015
    On 12/15/15, Xucaen said the following...

My second BBS since 1996. I am currently working on a new door game I
    call Labyr inth. It is a text based maze adventure. I would love to have some folks try it out and maybe make suggestions. There are currently 7 levels of mazes, player st arts on the fir

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Time Portal - timeport.synchro.net:2112 -
    Celebrating the pa st from the futu

I don't know what editor you are using, but it really isn't working so good. It doesn't wordwrap. It just breaks a word in half when it meets the 80 character mark. It feels like every paragraph is a single line. The quoting
    I did here doesn't do it justice because my quoting method actually does do word wrap.

--- Mystic BBS v1.11 (Linux)
    * Origin: Cyberia BBS | Cyberia.Darktech.Org | Kingwood, TX
  • From Xucaen@VERT/TIMEPORT to Gryphon on Tue Dec 15 23:19:40 2015
    Re: Re: Time Portal BBS
    By: Gryphon to Xucaen on Tue Dec 15 2015 12:19 pm

I don't know what editor you are using, but it really isn't working so
    good. It doesn't wordwrap. It just breaks a word in half when it meets
    the 80 character mark. It feels like every paragraph is a single line.
    The quoting I did here doesn't do it justice because my quoting method actually does do word wrap.

I was using ecWebv3 and Firefox 42.0 under Windows 7. I wonder if the carriage returns and line feeds got mangled somehow, not sure. Now I am logged into the actual BBS using SlyEdit 1.48. Let me know if this is any better. Thanks for the heads up.

... "To live between a rock and a hard place, in between time"

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Time Portal - timeport.synchro.net:2112 - Celebrating the past from the futu
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Gryphon on Tue Dec 15 22:49:10 2015

My second BBS since 1996. I am currently working on a new door game I call Labyr inth. It is a text based maze adventure. I would love to have some folks try it out and maybe make suggestions. There are currently 7 levels of mazes, player st arts on the fir

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Time Portal - timeport.synchro.net:2112 - Celebrating the pa st from the futu

I don't know what editor you are using, but it really isn't working so
    good. It doesn't wordwrap. It just breaks a word in half when it meets the 80 character mark. It feels like every paragraph is a single line. The quoting I did here doesn't do it justice because my quoting method actually does do word wrap.

his text looks fine on my bbses. do you want me to do a screenshot?

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Gryphon@VERT/CYBERIA to Xucaen on Wed Dec 16 02:35:00 2015

I don't know what editor you are using, but it really isn't working so good. It doesn't wordwrap. It just breaks a word in half when it meets the 80 character mark. It feels like every paragraph is a single line. The quoting I did here doesn't do it justice because my quoting method actually does do word wrap.

I was using ecWebv3 and Firefox 42.0 under Windows 7. I wonder if the carriage returns and line feeds got mangled somehow, not sure. Now I am logged into the actual BBS using SlyEdit 1.48. Let me know if this is
    any better. Thanks for the heads up.

This is much better. I don't think that web forms will keep the proper word wrap, which explains what I was seeing. Unless you have a way to set the column width in your web app.

--- Mystic BBS v1.11 (Linux)
    * Origin: Cyberia BBS | Cyberia.Darktech.Org | Kingwood, TX
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Xucaen on Wed Dec 16 02:41:53 2015
    By: Xucaen to Gryphon on Tue Dec 15 2015 06:19 pm

I was using ecWebv3 and Firefox 42.0 under Windows 7. I wonder if the carriage returns and line feeds got mangled somehow, not sure. Now I am logged into the actual BBS using SlyEdit 1.48. Let me know if this is any better. Thanks for the heads up.

wow someone still uses firefox. can you not give up the 2-3gig memory holes?

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Xucaen@VERT/TIMEPORT to Mro on Wed Dec 16 14:18:44 2015
    By: Xucaen to Gryphon on Tue Dec 15 2015 06:19 pm

wow someone still uses firefox. can you not give up the 2-3gig memory holes?

No choice. Chrome is too unstable for me.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Time Portal - timeport.synchro.net:2112 - Home of Labyrinth.