• YMDV, at least on that one

From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to Bill McGarrity on Tue Mar 25 21:01:59 2014
    Re: Re: CNN Breaking News
    By: Bill McGarrity to CNN Breaking News on Thu Feb 27 2014 10:19:00

How about along with the above you make them start telling us about the GMO products they're using or better still, ban the shit. Taking the math out o figuring the calorie count between 8oz aned 20oz isn't making anything simplier.. it's just making people stupid as their math skills go to hell.

Amen, brutha McGarrity.

-- Greetings, NSA, and best wishes

---
    ■ Synchronet
  • From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to Deuce on Tue Mar 25 21:03:23 2014
    Re: Re: CNN Breaking News
    By: Deuce to Bill McGarrity on Fri Feb 28 2014 08:54:40

Almost all corn in the USA is GMO. Almost all food contains corn products. I'm not sure why you think it matters.

Really? I'd have thought you'd have done some of the research. Try out the documentary 'King Korn'. It's freely available (not pirating) via standard torrent hubs. The farmers that grow the shite won't eat anything with it in there, if that tells you anything. :P

-- Greetings, NSA, and best wishes

---
    ■ Synchronet
  • From Deuce@VERT/SYNCNIX to Khelair on Wed Mar 26 16:22:30 2014
    Re: GMOs
    By: Khelair to Deuce on Tue Mar 25 2014 05:03 pm

Almost all corn in the USA is GMO. Almost all food contains corn products. I'm not sure why you think it matters.

Really? I'd have thought you'd have done some of the research. Try
    out the documentary 'King Korn'. It's freely available (not pirating) via standard torrent hubs. The farmers that grow the shite won't eat anything with it in there, if that tells you anything. :P

I have, not only have I done research, I also know a large number of farmers and have worked on farms. The biggest complaint farmers have about GMO grains is the contract they have to sign to plant it.

---
    http://DuckDuckGo.com/ a better search engine that respects your privacy.
    ■ Synchronet ■ My Brand-New BBS (All the cool SysOps run STOCK!)
  • From Bill McGarrity@VERT/TEQUILAM to Deuce on Wed Mar 26 22:23:00 2014
    Deuce wrote to Khelair <=-

Really? I'd have thought you'd have done some of the research. Try
    out the documentary 'King Korn'. It's freely available (not pirating) via standard torrent hubs. The farmers that grow the shite won't eat anything with it in there, if that tells you anything. :P

I have, not only have I done research, I also know a large number of farmers and have worked on farms. The biggest complaint farmers have about GMO grains is the contract they have to sign to plant it.

Deuce... just the fact they have to sign a devil's contract tells you something about Monsanto and those like them. Farmers pay for the original seed, grow the corn yet can't use any of the corn they grew as seed for the following year. Talk about having someone by the balls...

Bill

Telnet: bbs.tequilamockingbirdonline.net
    Web: bbs.tequilamockingbirdonline.net
    IRC: irc.tequilamockingbirdonline.net Ports: 6661-6670 SSL: +6697
    Radio: radio.tequilamockingbirdonline.net:8010/live

... Motorcycles are everywhere... Look twice, save a life!!
    --- MultiMail/Win32 v0.50
    ■ Synchronet ■ TequilaMockingbird Online - TELNET: tequilamockingbirdonline.net
  • From Deuce@VERT/SYNCNIX to Bill McGarrity on Tue Apr 1 19:44:11 2014
    Re: Re: GMOs
    By: Bill McGarrity to Deuce on Wed Mar 26 2014 06:23 pm

Deuce... just the fact they have to sign a devil's contract tells you something about Monsanto and those like them. Farmers pay for the original seed, grow the corn yet can't use any of the corn they grew as seed for the following year. Talk about having someone by the balls...

Well, it says that Monsanto wants to sell them seed more than once. Without that sort of contract, a single seed would cost the same as all seeds needed for the life of the patent, and only large factory farms could afford it. The contacts are the only way of selling it to the small producers.

---

• From Bill McGarrity@VERT/TEQUILAM to Deuce on Wed Apr 2 01:32:00 2014
    Deuce wrote to Bill McGarrity <=-

Well, it says that Monsanto wants to sell them seed more than once. Without that sort of contract, a single seed would cost the same as all seeds needed for the life of the patent, and only large factory farms could afford it. The contacts are the only way of selling it to the
    small producers.

But they've already paid for the original seed the first time. A percentage of the yield harvested can then be separated, dried and reused the following season. Monsanto has already been paid the fee for the patent on the seed, unless you think it's a one and done deal? But then again, knowing how they work, the kernels are probably useless after the first season anyway... probably changed their genetic makeup to become neutered.

Oh well...

Bill

• From Deuce@VERT/SYNCNIX to Bill McGarrity on Mon Apr 7 20:27:14 2014
    By: Bill McGarrity to Deuce on Tue Apr 01 2014 09:32 pm

But they've already paid for the original seed the first time. A
    percentage of the yield harvested can then be separated, dried and reused the following season. Monsanto has already been paid the fee for the patent on the seed, unless you think it's a one and done deal?

What I'm saying is that if Monsanto were to not require a contract barring using crops as seed, they would have to charge a lot more since they would only
    be selling for one season.

The fee is for using the patent, not for planting the seed. Even if you plant your own seed, you would still need to pay the fee.

---
  • From Bill McGarrity@VERT/TEQUILAM to Deuce on Mon Apr 7 23:54:00 2014
    Deuce wrote to Bill McGarrity <=-

But they've already paid for the original seed the first time. A
    percentage of the yield harvested can then be separated, dried and reused the following season. Monsanto has already been paid the fee for the patent on the seed, unless you think it's a one and done deal?

What I'm saying is that if Monsanto were to not require a contract
    barring using crops as seed, they would have to charge a lot more since they would only be selling for one season.

The fee is for using the patent, not for planting the seed. Even if
    you plant your own seed, you would still need to pay the fee.

I would agree if the seed's structure had changed but if the seed was the same as the previous year, then the fee was already paid for the patent. Sort of like software which you are licensed. You can still use the same copy of the software over and over within the confines of the machine it was sold on. The rights to use that software were already paid. Now let's take it a step further. If that software was used in creating another program not affilidated with the original software, would the original supplier of the software be entitled to more $?

Be well...

Bill

• From Deuce@VERT/SYNCNIX to Bill McGarrity on Mon Apr 7 21:50:27 2014
    By: Bill McGarrity to Deuce on Mon Apr 07 2014 07:54 pm

I would agree if the seed's structure had changed but if the seed was the same as the previous year, then the fee was already paid for the patent. Sort of like software which you are licensed. You can still use the same copy of the software over and over within the confines of the machine it
    was sold on. The rights to use that software were already paid. Now let's

The payment is for a single use. You're free to not buy the seed and not make use of the patent. As for the software thing, the license Monsanto sells is more like the license Adobe sells.

was sold on. The rights to use that software were already paid. Now let's take it a step further. If that software was used in creating another program not affilidated with the original software, would the original supplier of the software be entitled to more $?

That's up to the license terms. There have actually been compilers with license terms barring redistribution of the output.

---