• Semetic Shootings

From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to CNN Breaking News on Mon Apr 14 12:57:50 2014
    Re: CNN Breaking News
    By: CNN Breaking News to textbreakingnews@ema3lsv06.turner.com on Sun Apr 13 2014 16:54:51

CNN affiliate KSHB reported that there were two separate shootings at Jewis centers in the area -- one at the community center and one at an assisted living facility.

I'm normally pretty used to hearing about shootings. Shootings at Jewish centers, though . . . That kind of freaks me out.

-- guh up the effbomb down wif yr bad self

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Tinfoil Tetrahedron BBS telnet://bismaninfo.hopto.org:8023/ 1:282/1057
  • From First Officer@VERT/HOLODECK to Khelair on Tue Apr 15 13:29:23 2014
    Re: Semetic Shootings
    By: Khelair to CNN Breaking News on Mon Apr 14 2014 08:57 am

CNN affiliate KSHB reported that there were two separate shootings at Jewis centers in the area -- one at the community center and one at an assisted living facility.

I'm normally pretty used to hearing about shootings. Shootings at Jewish centers, though . . . That kind of freaks me out.

Get used to it. Anything to promote the anti gun agenda. This is a beautiful story for the media. It can be used to promote anti gun. It can slip in a little bit of racial hatred and thus cause a little more disunity. And can make
    it look like our Gov't is so concerned and caring and is trying to solve all these issues.

I found it funny that one news source put the mic in the hands of two different
    people. One a Dr, and I forget what the other was, but no matter. And both, though supposedly two different interviews said almost the very same thing. In quotes, but not really exact quote " this only goes to show you, that no matter
    how good intentioned one is or how warped they are, they use guns to kill people, we need to get the guns out of masses hands" Now depending which side You are on, You can take that both ways. It was honestly meant to say by both of these guys ( still odd both thinking the same thing and both were put on during the same report ) Idiots are killing people, it can't be stopped, so we must make very very strict laws prohibiting the public with access to guns. I agree with the first part, but that has nothing to do with the second part. As the good citizens are still not the ones killing people, and the idiots are still going to get and use guns to do tragic things. So keeping the guns out of
    good peoples hands is not the solution to the problem, but listening to these so called experts, that is the impression You got.

Same way, on a military base, if all these military people were allowed to carry guns. Stuff like last week would probably still happen, but the casualties would be kept to a minimum, as a few shots from some crazy fool and he'd be laying on the ground, unable to go on a so called spree, because people
    could not defend themselves and are like sitting ducks on a pond. In fact I doubt they would happen as often as they are now, as it is pretty much a quick suicide if others are armed.

Have a good One!
    Mike

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Holodeck BBS
  • From Bill McGarrity@VERT/TEQUILAM to First Officer on Tue Apr 15 16:42:00 2014
    First Officer wrote to Khelair <=-

@VIA: VERT/HOLODECK
    @MSGID: <534D4243.8435.dovedeb@holo.homeip.net>
    @REPLY: <534BE95E.7198.dove-deb@bismaninfo.hopto.org>
    @TZ: 412c
    By: Khelair to CNN Breaking News on Mon Apr 14 2014
    08:57 am

Get used to it. Anything to promote the anti gun agenda. This is a beautiful story for the media. It can be used to promote anti gun. It
    can slip in a little bit of racial hatred and thus cause a little more disunity. And can make it look like our Gov't is so concerned and
    caring and is trying to solve all these issues.

I feel the issue with both sides of the fence is neither one is listening to each other. Extremes have taken over the discussion reagarding firearms.

I found it funny that one news source put the mic in the hands of two different people. One a Dr, and I forget what the other was, but no matter. And both, though supposedly two different interviews said
    almost the very same thing. In quotes, but not really exact quote "
    this only goes to show you, that no matter how good intentioned one is
    or how warped they are, they use guns to kill people, we need to get
    the guns out of masses hands" Now depending which side You are on, You
    can take that both ways. It was honestly meant to say by both of these guys ( still odd both thinking the same thing and both were put on
    during the same report ) Idiots are killing people, it can't be
    stopped, so we must make very very strict laws prohibiting the public
    with access to guns. I agree with the first part, but that has nothing
    to do with the second part. As the good citizens are still not the ones killing people, and the idiots are still going to get and use guns to
    do tragic things. So keeping the guns out of good peoples hands is not
    the solution to the problem, but listening to these so called experts, that is the impression You got.

If I may, you've taken one side of the extreme with regard to where everyone should have a firearm, just not the insane. I agree but the key is, how do you, I or they find out who the actual psycho is? I don't care how many or what type of firearm you own. I do care if you're responsible enough to even look at one at a show. Until you can guarantee firearms stay out of the hands of the mentally unstable, you'll always have this polar discussion. Could the key be into a federal license that will allow you to purchase/transport/carry in any state? I would hope that would be doable but the added extra freedom would come with a price as well, that being everyone undergoing a psyche evaluation over a predetermined time as authourized by a trained psychologist/psychiatrist.

Would this be acceptable to both sides of the table? One can only guess at this time but until both sides are willing to compromise on their stand, this debate is going to rage on for a very long time, all the while innocent people getting blown away by the loonies.

Same way, on a military base, if all these military people were allowed
    to carry guns. Stuff like last week would probably still happen, but
    the casualties would be kept to a minimum, as a few shots from some
    crazy fool and he'd be laying on the ground, unable to go on a so
    called spree, because people could not defend themselves and are like sitting ducks on a pond. In fact I doubt they would happen as often as they are now, as it is pretty much a quick suicide if others are armed.

Again, most of these shootings are at the hands of people with mental health issues that just get glazed over by the VA. This country has become very effective in training men and women in the art of war and sometimes that "switch" isn't defused properly or in time. I feel too much $ and emphasis is dumped into the propagation of the war machine rather than taking care/debriefing those who've become an expendable part of that system. I guess you can say, they've taken a situation and swept it under the rug. Please note, my remarks are not a political statement against either party as to their handling of the subject. Take it as you may.

Bill

Telnet: bbs.tequilamockingbirdonline.net
    Web: bbs.tequilamockingbirdonline.net
    IRC: irc.tequilamockingbirdonline.net Ports: 6661-6670 SSL: +6697
    Radio: radio.tequilamockingbirdonline.net:8010/live

... Motorcycles are everywhere... Look twice, save a life!!
    --- MultiMail/Win32 v0.50
    ■ Synchronet ■ TequilaMockingbird Online - TELNET: tequilamockingbirdonline.net
  • From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to First Officer on Tue Apr 15 21:21:55 2014
    By: First Officer to Khelair on Tue Apr 15 2014 09:29:23

Same way, on a military base, if all these military people were allowed to carry guns. Stuff like last week would probably still happen, but the casualties would be kept to a minimum, as a few shots from some crazy fool a he'd be laying on the ground, unable to go on a so called spree, because peo could not defend themselves and are like sitting ducks on a pond. In fact I doubt they would happen as often as they are now, as it is pretty much a qui suicide if others are armed.

Well, that point I won't debate with you. I don't think they would hesitate from providing weapons for everybody on base in such circumstances, were it the only thing they were considering. The problem is the lack of trust. The powers implementing the orders know damn well that often the
    orders are twisted and that this can be picked up on despite propaganda attempts by frontline soldiers. Keeping the weapons out of [relatively] easy access of the typical soldier makes it less likely that they will be used in subversion of authority for moral or other reasons.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Tinfoil Tetrahedron BBS telnet://bismaninfo.hopto.org:8023/ 1:282/1057
  • From First Officer@VERT/HOLODECK to Bill McGarrity on Wed Apr 16 15:06:08 2014
    Re: Re: Semetic Shootings
    By: Bill McGarrity to First Officer on Tue Apr 15 2014 12:42 pm

I feel the issue with both sides of the fence is neither one is listening
    to each other. Extremes have taken over the discussion reagarding firearms.

I absolutely agree, I just feel in some instances, common sense may lie a bit more on one side or the other and not really sorry to say that I feel the current administration is pushing for an all or nothing deal, and will keep grabbing chunk by chunk till all rights are gone.

If I may, you've taken one side of the extreme with regard to where
    everyone should have a firearm, just not the insane. I agree but the key is, how do you, I or they find out who the actual psycho is? I don't care

Actually No, Bill. That is what those news articles were trying to make people feel too. I actually think just the opposite. Not everyone should "have" a firearm. But then again not everyone "should not have" one because of some idiots or crazies. In other words, crazy people getting and using the guns for unsavory purposes IMO is not a reason to prevent others from owning one. And don't tell me that is not like it is, with all respect, I live in a state
    where just two days ago, people could own certain types of guns and today, if they have them they are felons. But that goes along with what we both said above, it is going too far both ways.

how many or what type of firearm you own. I do care if you're responsible enough to even look at one at a show. Until you can guarantee firearms stay out of the hands of the mentally unstable, you'll always have this polar discussion. Could the key be into a federal license that will allow you to

That is true, that goes both ways though. The problem I see is somewhat like the Achims razor thing about believing in God. If we think we are going to
    stop these tragedies by thinking we thinking we are going to remove guns from the public, Good and Bad people, the odds are the Bad will still get them. If both good and bad can get them, the worst is, things remain the same. And Yet good people could also protect themselves. But I agree with You. The insane or crazy people shouldn't have them, but it is a big problem determining who they are.
    Same way, on a military base, if all these military people were
    allowed to carry guns. Stuff like last week would probably still happen, but
    Again, most of these shootings are at the hands of people with mental
    health issues that just get glazed over by the VA. This country has become very effective in training men and women in the art of war and sometimes that "switch" isn't defused properly or in time. I feel too much $ and

I think we pretty much agree, just that neither one of us has the answer. I just lean more toward not punishing everyone. Also is a terrorist crazy? Or is he devout? In a lot of these military attacks, it may not be considered to be mental illness to do what some of them do. My only thought was/is, if you are on a military base and are considered sane ( if not maybe you should not be serving ) You should be able to carry a firearm. And if allowed to do so, some of these more frequent incidences may end much quicker and with less loss of life.

taking care/debriefing those who've become an expendable part of that system. I guess you can say, they've taken a situation and swept it under the rug. Please note, my remarks are not a political statement against either party as to their handling of the subject. Take it as you may.

I was not talking in political sense either, when talking about military, although I do know which party thinks it is smart to unarm our military on our bases and I disagree with them. I am not into this politically correct type of war thing either. But that is another story. Just frustrated over the way things are being handled and to be honest, I am an idiot, but I can tell that the way certain things handled are a lot more foolish than something I can
    come up with :)

Have a good One!
    Mike

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Holodeck BBS
  • From Bill McGarrity@VERT/TEQUILAM to First Officer on Wed Apr 16 16:43:00 2014
    First Officer wrote to Bill McGarrity <=-

to each other. Extremes have taken over the discussion reagarding firearms.

I absolutely agree, I just feel in some instances, common sense may lie
    a bit more on one side or the other and not really sorry to say that I feel the current administration is pushing for an all or nothing deal,
    and will keep grabbing chunk by chunk till all rights are gone.

As much as everyone thinks that complete disarming will never happen. Sorry to say that is the NRA's fear tactics in action. Remember, the NRA only cares about the $ they're collecting from both it's members AND the gun manufacturers. The 2nd Amendment is just a smokescreen in my opinion. As they say, there's BIG $ in guns...

If I may, you've taken one side of the extreme with regard to where
    everyone should have a firearm, just not the insane. I agree but the key is, how do you, I or they find out who the actual psycho is? I don't care

Actually No, Bill. That is what those news articles were trying to make people feel too. I actually think just the opposite. Not everyone
    should "have" a firearm. But then again not everyone "should not have"
    one because of some idiots or crazies. In other words, crazy people getting and using the guns for unsavory purposes IMO is not a reason to prevent others from owning one. And don't tell me that is not like it
    is, with all respect, I live in a state where just two days ago, people could own certain types of guns and today, if they have them they are felons. But that goes along with what we both said above, it is going
    too far both ways.

You've missed my point. I don't care who owns a firearm as long as that person is responsible for it and it's use. The only way to weed out the loonies, for lack of a better term, is through evaluation. Granted, some crimes are committed by loonies who acquire the weapons from legal sources and in that case, the owner of the firearm should also be held accountable. I'm not sure where you live but I've been to gun shows in Arizona and in all honesty, 30% of the people that attend are downright cadidates for the rubber room. To get back to your original point so you see where I stand, I would whole-heartedly disapprove of any type of TOTAL disarmament of citizens.

how many or what type of firearm you own. I do care if you're responsible enough to even look at one at a show. Until you can guarantee firearms stay out of the hands of the mentally unstable, you'll always have this polar discussion. Could the key be into a federal license that will allow you to

That is true, that goes both ways though. The problem I see is somewhat like the Achims razor thing about believing in God. If we think we are going to stop these tragedies by thinking we thinking we are going to remove guns from the public, Good and Bad people, the odds are the Bad will still get them. If both good and bad can get them, the worst is, things remain the same. And Yet good people could also protect
    themselves. But I agree with You. The insane or crazy people shouldn't have them, but it is a big problem determining who they are.

True, bad people will get ahold of them but there is a solution. In today's prison scructure, victimless crimes are filling every cell we have and the building of new prisons can't keep up with the conviction of these type of crimes. How about we structure the punishment of illegal gun use to match those of these victimless crimes that are getting 20, 30 years. Today, get caught with weed, you get 5 years. Get caught with an illegal weapon, 1 year. Seem fair? In using the term the NRA has coined, weed doesn't kill people.

Same way, on a military base, if all these military people were
    allowed to carry guns. Stuff like last week would probably still happen, but
    Again, most of these shootings are at the hands of people with mental
    health issues that just get glazed over by the VA. This country has become very effective in training men and women in the art of war and sometimes that "switch" isn't defused properly or in time. I feel too much $ and

I think we pretty much agree, just that neither one of us has the
    answer. I just lean more toward not punishing everyone. Also is a terrorist crazy? Or is he devout? In a lot of these military attacks,
    it may not be considered to be mental illness to do what some of them
    do. My only thought was/is, if you are on a military base and are considered sane ( if not maybe you should not be serving ) You should
    be able to carry a firearm. And if allowed to do so, some of these more frequent incidences may end much quicker and with less loss of life.

No one is asking for everyone to be punished and you stated previously, even if everyone had been issued a weapon, the attack would still have happened. Anyone can walk into an office, especially trained military personal and get off anywhere between 5-6 rounds before anyone would even know what was happening. Naturally, the perp would be handled without prejudice and that in itself could open up another can of worms.

taking care/debriefing those who've become an expendable part of that system. I guess you can say, they've taken a situation and swept it under the rug. Please note, my remarks are not a political statement against either party as to their handling of the subject. Take it as you may.

I was not talking in political sense either, when talking about
    military, although I do know which party thinks it is smart to unarm
    our military on our bases and I disagree with them. I am not into this

And you are well within your right.

politically correct type of war thing either. But that is another
    story. Just frustrated over the way things are being handled and to be honest, I am an idiot, but I can tell that the way certain things
    handled are a lot more foolish than something I can come up with :)

Sometimes common sense is lacking on both sides of the aisle.

Enjoy!!

Bill

• From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Bill McGarrity on Wed Apr 16 21:31:02 2014
    By: Bill McGarrity to First Officer on Wed Apr 16 2014 12:43 pm

As much as everyone thinks that complete disarming will never happen. Sorry to say that is the NRA's fear tactics in action. Remember, the NRA only

they have outlawed guns in other countries. i could see it happening here little by little until they were all gone.
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to Mro on Wed Apr 16 22:59:00 2014
    By: Mro to Bill McGarrity on Wed Apr 16 2014 17:31:02

they have outlawed guns in other countries. i could see it happening here little by little until they were all gone.

Precisely what they're trying to do, you insufferable asshole.

---
  • From Knight@VERT/PHUNC to Mro on Thu Apr 17 06:15:39 2014
    By: Mro to Bill McGarrity on Wed Apr 16 2014 05:31 pm

And think about how easy it will be for the aliens to finish their integration takeover once that happens!

Knight

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Phunc BBS -- Back from the dead! -- telnet to bbs.phunc.com
  • From Bill McGarrity@VERT/TEQUILAM to Mro on Thu Apr 17 14:15:00 2014
    Mro wrote to Bill McGarrity <=-

By: Bill McGarrity to First Officer on Wed Apr 16 2014 12:43 pm

As much as everyone thinks that complete disarming will never happen. Sorry to say that is the NRA's fear tactics in action. Remember, the NRA only

they have outlawed guns in other countries. i could see it happening
    here little by little until they were all gone.

Sure they have, no one disagrees with that statement but there is a fundemental right here in the US. My overall point is that both sides need to gather some understanding on how the other side thinks. The mantra guns don't kill people, people do is logical, I don't think anyone can argue that. The arguement begins when that fundmental right is given to those who couldn't be responsible for a plastic toy gun. As I previously stated, I have no issue with private firearm ownership. My concern, as well as many others, feel the current governing of weapons possession by state is actually hurting more than helping when it comes to each state's independence in the regulation of firearms. I'm not sure if you have ever tried to transport a weapon across state lines but trust me, it's insanity knowing each and every rule each state imposess. Allowing a federal CCP to those who've followed guidelines when it comes to "responsible firearm ownership" (otherwise known as being of stable mind and body) will certainly cause a mellowing ripple effect on both sides. As I previously stated, there will be psychos who'll get their hands on illegal weapons, and as such, IF the weapon was within a family such as happened in Sandy Hook, then the owner shall assume responsibility if it's used during a crime. I understand the owner in Sandy Hook was shot and killed by her son but that only reinforces my theory when it comes to evaluation as a prerequsite for owning a firearm. Simply put, the woman in entertaining the idea her son was responsible proved her irresponsibilty therefore ALL her guns should have been removed.

Psych testing should be considered mandatory for a federal CCP, along with ownership. Stricter or mandatory sentences for those illegally using a weapon in the commission of a crime should be on par with the sentences given to those of victimless crimes in today's society (although I think victimless crimes are causing unneccesary stress on the prison system, but when you have for-profit prisons, this is going to happen).

The NRA and all their followers are making choices for the opposition to get tougher everyday when there is a mass shooting. Emotions drive choices. Unfortunately, blame for these shootings can also be put at the feet of the NRA for their failure to be pro-active instead of status quo of dumping $ into lobbying for the gun mfg's. That's something that may come back and bite them in the ass....

Enjoy...

Bill

• From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to Knight on Thu Apr 17 19:01:01 2014
    By: Knight to Mro on Thu Apr 17 2014 02:15:39

And think about how easy it will be for the aliens to finish their integrati takeover once that happens!

I don't give a tin poop about the integration. I just want them
    to get here so I can hang on to the outside of their electrogravitic
    plating (hopefully not grounded like) and get OFF of this Titanic and
    away from the crazy & horribly self-destructive monkies infesting it.

---