• Movies in 2012

From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to All on Thu Dec 27 20:29:33 2012
    Now that Rock Of Ages, Men In Black 3, and Total Recall have all become available for rent, I had the chance to see them (I missed them when they were in the theater). My thoughts are as follows:
    - Rock Of Ages: This movie didn't really look very impressive from the ads, but I was looking forward to a fun (if mindless) rock-fest. I ended up disappointed though. I guess I'm just not used to musicals though. It felt strange for the characters to suddenly break out in song, and for some reason it was difficult to picture Tom Cruise in his role as a washed-up rock star. I got bored with this movie about half way through and stopped watching it.

- Men In Black 3: I really enjoyed this movie. Although not everything made sense, it didn't have to. It was fun to see Will Smith in this role again, the story was fun, and all the actors played well. The actor who played the young version of Agent K did a very good job. Also, I was surprised to see a heartwarming side story in this movie.

- Total Recall: Although this movie seemed more action-oriented than the original 1990 version, I thought this version stuck to the story very well and had basically the same elements of mystery that make you wonder whose side everyone is on. I somewhat prefer the original version, but I thought this version was very good too.

Nightfox

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion BBS - digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From The Millionaire@VERT/PARKAVE to Nightfox on Thu Dec 27 22:37:15 2012
    Re: Movies in 2012
    By: Nightfox to All on Thu Dec 27 2012 03:29 pm

Yes total recall 1990 is the best NF.

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place
    Surrey, B.C., Canada █ ♠ █

the.millionaire@parkave.synchro.net

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Park Avenue Place - parkave.synchro.net
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Nightfox on Thu Dec 27 21:03:53 2012
    By: Nightfox to All on Thu Dec 27 2012 03:29 pm

- Total Recall: Although this movie seemed more action-oriented than the original 1990 version, I thought this version stuck to the story very well and had basically the same elements of mystery that make you wonder whose side everyone is on. I somewhat prefer the original version, but I thought this version was very good too.

i heard it sticks to the book better. i never read the book and dont read much because it's bad for my eyesight.... but i guess being infront of a computer 16hrs a day isnt :D

anyways, after thinking about it a bit i think the new total recall is better thank arnold's version.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Mro on Fri Dec 28 03:38:34 2012
    By: Mro to Nightfox on Thu Dec 27 2012 16:03:53

- Total Recall: Although this movie seemed more action-oriented than the
    original 1990 version, I thought this version stuck to the story very
    well

i heard it sticks to the book better. i never read the book and dont read much because it's bad for my eyesight.... but i guess being infront of a computer 16hrs a day isnt :D

anyways, after thinking about it a bit i think the new total recall is better thank arnold's version.

I haven't read the book either, so I can't comment on that. I thought the basic story behind both versions of the movie were basically the same, even down to many details of the events (except, of course, that the settings were different).

I liked the new version, but Arnold's version has a certain charm that I like.. Perhaps it's the combination of corny elements such as Arnold's accent, ugly cars (which cars today don't remotely look like), the use of the old Pepsi logo that they aren't using anymore, and perhaps some slightly overdone acting (the Melina character comes to mind). But despite those drawbacks, Arnold's verison still makes you wonder what side he's on and what side a few of the other characters are on.

Nightfox

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion BBS - digitaldistortionbbs.com