• Shadowrun type novels

From physalis17@VERT/DECKHVN2 to All on Thu Nov 27 00:30:39 2014
    Hey guys,

I wanted to let you know that since this board is based on Shadowrun, I highly recommend any of William Gibson's novels, especially Neuromancer. The idea
    of jacking into the Matrix, cyberdecks, and street samurai are all in this book. The name of the trilogy is The Sprawling Trilogy.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Decker's Heaven -//- bbs.deckersheaven.com
  • From Poindexter Fortran@VERT/REALITY to physalis17 on Thu Nov 27 02:29:36 2014
    Re: Shadowrun type novels
    By: physalis17 to All on Wed Nov 26 2014 07:30 pm

I wanted to let you know that since this board is based on Shadowrun, I highly recommend any of William Gibson's novels, especially Neuromancer. The idea of jacking into the Matrix, cyberdecks, and street samurai are all in this book. The name of the trilogy is The Sprawling Trilogy.

Do you mean Gibson's "Sprawl" trilogy? Those are Neuromancer, Mona Lisa Overdrive and Count Zero. They're all set in the same world where the eastern seaboard of the US is one big city, the Boston/Atlanta Metropolitan Axis, known as the Sprawl.

Gibson's "Bridge" trilogy is another great series, with future San Francisco (and the bay bridge) as part of the theme. Those books, Idoru, All Tomorrow's Parties and Virtual Light. The bridge series isn't quite as advanced, setting-wise - if I'm not mistaken, the books are set in the (now) past.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ realitycheckBBS -- http://realitycheckBBS.org
  • From physalis17@VERT/DECKHVN2 to Poindexter Fortran on Sat Nov 29 20:39:42 2014
    By: Poindexter Fortran to physalis17 on Wed Nov 26 2014 09:29 pm

Yes that is what I was referring to.I read neuromancer and loved it.I
    plan on getting the rest of the Sprawl trilogy. I will have to check out the Bridge trilogy. Thanks for the recommendation.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Decker's Heaven -//- bbs.deckersheaven.com
  • From Poindexter Fortran@VERT/REALITY to physalis17 on Sat Nov 29 21:11:46 2014
    By: physalis17 to Poindexter Fortran on Sat Nov 29 2014 03:39 pm

Yes that is what I was referring to.I read neuromancer and loved it.I
    plan on getting the rest of the Sprawl trilogy. I will have to check out the Bridge trilogy. Thanks for the recommendation.

I love Neuromancer, too -- I pick it up, turn to a page and start re-reading it often. The other books in the series I liked, but never to that extent.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ realitycheckBBS -- http://realitycheckBBS.org