• Musicians

From Mickey@VERT/OXFORDMI to All on Sun Feb 15 20:57:53 2015
    I was just wondering if there are any musicians living here in the DoveNet world? I am currently in a 3/6 piece working Blues Band here in Canada called Blindsided Blues. There was discussion on this board back 12 years or so ago, but nothing much since.

-+- Just throwing it out there :-)

Mickey
    SynchroNET 3.15
    Oxford Mills Remote @ telnet://manningfire.dyndns.org:23
    Living the Past - Living the Dream - Keeping the Blues Alive

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Oxford Mills Remote - manningfire.dyndns.org
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Mickey on Mon Feb 16 19:38:16 2015
    Re: Musicians
    By: Mickey to All on Sun Feb 15 2015 03:57 pm

I was just wondering if there are any musicians living here in the DoveNet world? I am currently in a 3/6 piece working Blues Band here in Canada called Blindsided Blues. There was discussion on this board back 12 years
    or so ago, but nothing much since.

I'm a musician. I am a long-time drummer (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCD37DCC7A1AE000E), but I also plain piano a little bass.

I haven't been in a band in several years now (kids and wife and career and all
    that goes along with that), but I've a renewed interest from my old bandmates in Weedpuller and we're doing some online collaboration now since we're geographically dispersed.

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #20:
    The first commericial sale of Synchronet was to Las Vegas Playground BBS (1992).
    Norco, CA WX: 70.8°F, 52.0% humidity, 12 mph ESE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From Mickey@VERT/OXFORDMI to Digital Man on Tue Feb 17 04:08:52 2015
    By: Digital Man to Mickey on Mon Feb 16 2015 02:38 pm

I was just wondering if there are any musicians living here in the DoveNe
    t
    world? I am currently in a 3/6 piece working Blues Band here in Canada called Blindsided Blues. There was discussion on this board back 12 years or so ago, but nothing much since.

I'm a musician. I am a long-time drummer (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCD37DCC7A1AE000E), but I also plain piano a little bass.

I haven't been in a band in several years now (kids and wife and career and
    all
    that goes along with that), but I've a renewed interest from my old bandmate
    s
    in Weedpuller and we're doing some online collaboration now since we're geographically dispersed.

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #20:
    The first commericial sale of Synchronet was to Las Vegas Playground BBS (19
    92).
    Norco, CA WX: 70.8°F, 52.0% humidity, 12 mph ESE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hr
    s

I know about the 'life' thing. I played when I was young, and life also prevented me from continuing in any kind of serious way. Once the kids all moved out, and I divorced, it was time to get back to it again. In retrospect, I wish I'd stayed at it, and sharpened my skills but hey, it's all worked out.

You ARE your own rhythm section, with drums and bass guitar. Just checked your weather tagline. 70 deg F? For the record, its -4 deg F, and my pipes are frozen, up here in the North. Music id how we keep warm. LOL

Mickey
    SynchroNET 3.15
    Oxford Mills Remote @ telnet://manningfire.dyndns.org:23
    Living the Past - Living the Dream - Keeping the Blues Alive

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Oxford Mills Remote - manningfire.dyndns.org
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Mickey on Tue Feb 17 18:10:24 2015
    By: Mickey to Digital Man on Mon Feb 16 2015 11:08 pm

By: Digital Man to Mickey on Mon Feb 16 2015 02:38 pm

I was just wondering if there are any musicians living here in the DoveNe
    t
    world? I am currently in a 3/6 piece working Blues Band here in
    Canada called Blindsided Blues. There was discussion on this board back 12 years or so ago, but nothing much since.

I haven't been in a band in several years now (kids and wife and career and
    all
    that goes along with that), but I've a renewed interest from my old bandmate
    s
    in Weedpuller and we're doing some online collaboration now since we're geographically dispersed.

I know about the 'life' thing. I played when I was young, and life also prevented me from continuing in any kind of serious way. Once the kids all moved out, and I divorced, it was time to get back to it again. In retrospect, I wish I'd stayed at it, and sharpened my skills but hey, it's all worked out.

I suspect I'll join a band again some day. For now, I keep my chops up by making the occasional video, teaching my kids and newphews, and doing the online collaboration thing. I tried bandhub.us, but it's not quite ready for prime-time in my opinion.

You ARE your own rhythm section, with drums and bass guitar. Just checked your weather tagline. 70 deg F? For the record, its -4 deg F, and my pipes are frozen, up here in the North. Music id how we keep warm. LOL

Wow! Yeah, we're having a bit of a heat wave here in SoCal lately.

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #9:
    The name "DOVE-Net" was suggested by King Drafus (sysop of The Beast's Domain). Norco, CA WX: 66.7°F, 65.0% humidity, 8 mph SE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net