• Star Trek TNG high-def blu-ray

From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to All on Sun May 3 13:03:18 2015
    Star Trek: The Next Generation was one of my favorite TV shows growing up. I've bought the blu-rays as each season was released, and last night I finally watched the last episode. It's hard to believe that the show ended 21 years ago.. I think they did a good job with the blu-rays - The show looks good in high-def.

On a side note: Even as movies & TV shows are still being released on blu-ray, ultra-high definition "4K" resolution TVs started appearing on the market a few years ago. Thus, the next cycle of TV video has begun. I imagine the next standard movie format will probably be a downloadable form - I wonder if TVs will rely on USB ports to play movies from USB sticks and/or home networking to stream movies from a server. And I wonder which movies & TV shows will be updated yet again for the 4K format.

Nightfox

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion BBS - digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From kk4qbn@VERT/NWGA_NET to Nightfox on Tue May 5 14:00:38 2015
    Re: Star Trek TNG high-def blu-ray
    By: Nightfox to All on Sun May 03 2015 09:03 am

On a side note: Even as movies & TV shows are still being released on blu-ra ultra-high definition "4K" resolution TVs started appearing on the market a years ago. Thus, the next cycle of TV video has begun. I imagine the next standard movie format will probably be a downloadable form - I wonder if TVs will rely on USB ports to play movies from USB sticks and/or home networking stream movies from a server. And I wonder which movies & TV shows will be updated yet again for the 4K format.

Our roku allows me to setup a media server on my computer, or phone, or whatever device to stream movies, pictures, etc, to it. and the tv will play certian movies from a usb stick, so yeah.. we're already there :)

Take Care.

Tim - KK4QBN

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Northwest Georgia Net: nwga_net.synchro.net (706)-422-9538