• New Season of Doctor Who

From Mr. Cool@VERT/RETROARC to All on Sun Sep 20 16:58:23 2015
    Well to be honest, the last season was alright, but I enjoyed the Matt Smith seasons much more. However I just watched the first episode of series 9 and I feel they are off to a much better start. They ended the first episode with a cliff hanger, so I will be interested to see it's conclusion. What are your thoughts?

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Retro Archive - bbs.retroarchive.org
  • From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to Mr. Cool on Wed Sep 23 13:23:28 2015
    Re: New Season of Doctor Who
    By: Mr. Cool to All on Sun Sep 20 2015 12:58:23

Well to be honest, the last season was alright, but I enjoyed the Matt Smith seasons much more. However I just watched the first episode of series 9 and I feel they are off to a much better start. They ended the first episode with a cliff hanger, so I will be interested to see it's conclusion. What are your thoughts?

I enjoyed the Smith episodes a bit more, also, but I've got to say that the new doctor is growing on me. I read a review the other day, before the episode came out, about Clara's place in the series, and I've got to say I agree with most of what I read in it. I'd post the link but it's pretty irretrievable at this point due to systems issues.
    They were talking a lot about the different people that have accompanied the doctor along the way and how every one of them has had a pretty clearly defined relationship to the Doctor except for Clara, and I totally agree. I like her character, but it just doesn't seem to mesh with the Doctor nearly so well as the other cohorts. I feel that might be holding the Doctor back from being as decent as he normally is in the series.
    Other than that, I've got to say it's good to see the Daleks and their plungers again. I thought the episode was pretty cool, and can't wait to see what comes out in the next one. Definitely glad that it's back airing again for awhile. :)
    Also, those damn hand mines are some creepy crap.

-D/K

---
    Borg Burgers: We do it our way; your way is irrelevant.
    ■ Synchronet ■ Tinfoil Tetrahedron BBS telnet://tinfoil.synchro.net
  • From Poindexter Fortran@VERT/REALITY to Khelair on Wed Sep 23 21:36:07 2015
    Re: Re: New Season of Doctor Who
    By: Khelair to Mr. Cool on Wed Sep 23 2015 09:23 am

They were talking a lot about the different people that have accompanied the doctor along the way and how every one of them has had a pretty clearly defined relationship to the Doctor except for Clara, and I totally agree.

Not Donna Noble? CHECK.

Also, those damn hand mines are some creepy crap.

They'll go well with the weeping angels I'm planning for my garden.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ realitycheckBBS -- http://realitycheckBBS.org
  • From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to Poindexter Fortran on Sat Sep 26 13:08:44 2015
    Re: Re: New Season of Doctor Who
    By: Poindexter Fortran to Khelair on Wed Sep 23 2015 17:36:07

Not Donna Noble? CHECK.

Yeah she's pretty infinitely forgetable, isn't she? Didn't mean to skip her in my poast it just happened. Heh.

They'll go well with the weeping angels I'm planning for my garden.

They have a lot of neighborhood book 'library' kiosks around the neighborhoods here, where you can drop off old books and/or pick up new ones for free. I was taking a run a month or two ago and ended up coming across one that was an actual whole tardis, on a street that I hadn't been on before. A couple of people had the door open and were looking at the books. I wonder if they had a clue what the hell I was talking about when I ran past and asked them if The Doctor was in. Heh.
    I demand pics if you actually do this to your garden. ;)

-D/K

---
    Borg Burgers: We do it our way; your way is irrelevant.
    ■ Synchronet ■ Tinfoil Tetrahedron BBS telnet://tinfoil.synchro.net