• phone bbsing

From Jojo@VERT/ENSEMBLE to All on Thu Mar 28 06:54:53 2019
    Re:
    By: to on Tue Mar 26 2019 09:13 am

Re: Re: Inventor of the Inter
    By: DaiTengu to Jojo on Mon Mar 25 2019 09:10 am

I think there are too many chat clients out there now days. Everyone us something different. Slack, Hipchat, Discord, Telegram, Jabber, WhatsAp Mastodon, Matrix, Rocketchat, Hangouts, Skype, GroupMe or IRC. And thos are just the ones off the top of my head that I've come across.

I'm sure if there was a BBS app that could be installed easily more people using them. Err...Maybe??

Hustler

... After all is said and done, a hell of a lot more is said than done.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Havens BBS havens.synchronetbbs.org Telnet port 23 or Web

i dont know any apps that are specifically marketed towards bbsing but i do know there are a few apps out there for using telnet or some even offering terminal functionality. an app i really like is Termux, its a full linux terminal you can use on android. telnet and SSH are both available on it and i sometimes like using it for messing with my server from downstairs or BBSing when im away from home. i kinda like using the telnet functionality on it when im on cell service so i can "call" a bbs haha.
    fun and games aside if youre in the market for a terminal on your phone that can BBS i recommend Termux. also if you've heard of it, theres a BBS in Taiwan run at a university thats super active and used by lots of the students there which i find interesting.
    heres the wikipedia page for it if you're curious. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PTT_Bulletin_Board_System

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ War Ensemble BBS - The sport is war, total war - warensemble.com