• Check In

From Michael Wallen@VERT/CAVEBBS to All on Wed May 8 00:20:00 2019
    Hello all.. just getting a message up on the board from a Tandy1000HX
    computer. Nothing much happening. Just enjoying some retro computing
    goodness down in the man cave. Sitting next to C64 and Amiga. I just
    aquired the Ultima 1-3 Trillogy on 5.25 floppy. I would like to know anyone who has a specific old school rpg they like or favorite. Advise to complete
    one of these or just a few memories from back in the day..:)
    Regards,
    Walldog

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net
  • From Hawkeye@VERT/MASHBBS to Michael Wallen on Wed May 8 17:37:13 2019
    Re: Check In
    By: Michael Wallen to All on Tue May 07 2019 20:20:00

Hello all.. just getting a message up on the board from a Tandy1000HX computer. Nothing much happening. Just enjoying some retro computing goodness down in the man cave. Sitting next to C64 and Amiga. I just aquired the Ultima 1-3 Trillogy on 5.25 floppy. I would like to know anyone who has a specific old school rpg they like or favorite. Advise to complete one of these or just a few memories from back in the day..:) Regards,
    Walldog

Nice to see a retro fan :) here too... which Amiga(s) do you use?

I dont play RPGs, I dont have the patience for it. Playing old games is also my thing. Memories. The sound is sometimes better than I thought. I thought by now it would sound old but it isnt. Maybe because of my retro memories. Connected my Amiga to a sound system, sounds good.
    HAWKEYE

- MASH BBS - http://mash4077.ddns.net:4077 - The Netherlands -

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ MASH4077.DDNS.NET - MASH BBS - The Netherlands
  • From Roadhog@VERT/OUTWEST to Michael Wallen on Wed May 8 13:28:06 2019
    By: Michael Wallen to All on Tue May 07 2019 08:20 pm

Hello all.. just getting a message up on the board from a Tandy1000HX

Holy SH*T, I used to lust for one of those back in the day, I could only aford a Color Computer II.
    That's awesome.

... I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ outwestbbs.com - the Outwest BBS
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to Michael Wallen on Wed May 8 21:06:00 2019

Hello all.. just getting a message up on the board from a Tandy1000HX computer. Nothing much happening. Just enjoying some retro computing goodness down in the man cave. Sitting next to C64 and Amiga. I just aquired the Ultima 1-3 Trillogy on 5.25 floppy. I would like to know anyone who has a specific old school rpg they like or favorite. Advise to complete one of these or just a few memories from back in the day..:)
    Regards,
    Walldog

I used to like playing Temple of Apshai back in my C64 days. I spent quite some time pounding on walls looking for secret passages.

---
  • From Minex@VERT/TDOD to Moondog on Thu May 9 12:07:41 2019
    By: Moondog to Michael Wallen on Wed May 08 2019 05:06 pm

Hello all.. just getting a message up on the board from a Tandy1000HX computer. Nothing much happening. Just enjoying some retro computing goodness down in the man cave. Sitting next to C64 and Amiga. I just aquired the Ultima 1-3 Trillogy on 5.25 floppy. I would like to know anyone who has a specific old school rpg they like or favorite. Advise to complete one of these or just a few memories from back in the day..:) Regards,
    Walldog

I used to like playing Temple of Apshai back in my C64 days. I spent quite some time pounding on walls looking for secret passages.

Oh man, I loved Temple of Apshai Trilogy. I remember that it came with a thick book that had a description of each room. When you entered a room in the game, it would display room number so you could cross reference it in the book.

In fact, I should crack that game out again...

The Dawn of Demise BBS (tdod.org)

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Dawn of Demise (tdod.org:5000)
  • From dmxrob@VERT/STLWEST to Michael Wallen on Fri May 10 13:32:04 2019

Hello all.. just getting a message up on the board from a Tandy1000HX computer. Nothing much happening. Just enjoying some retro computing

Man, I remember the Tandy 1000HX! That was my second PC after the Tandy CoCo II. The HX had that funky expansion port on it -- I remember getting a modem and it had to be a Tandy modem because of that!

I always liked the built-in Deskmate in ROM. Deskmate was ahead of its time, and I used to have the SDK for it -- lot of programs came out with Deskmate versions at the time. Lotus 1-2-3 which I still have the disks for somewhere!

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Gateway to the West [ bbs.homelabber.net ]
  • From Walldog@VERT/CAVEBBS to dmxrob on Sun Jun 2 03:05:00 2019
    By: dmxrob to Michael Wallen on Fri May 10 2019 09:32 am

Hello all.. just getting a message up on the board from a Tandy1000HX computer. Nothing much happening. Just enjoying some retro computing

Man, I remember the Tandy 1000HX! That was my second PC after the Tandy CoC II. The HX had that funky expansion port on it -- I remember getting a mode and it had to be a Tandy modem because of that!

I always liked the built-in Deskmate in ROM. Deskmate was ahead of its time and I used to have the SDK for it -- lot of programs came out with Deskmate versions at the time. Lotus 1-2-3 which I still have the disks for somewher

Hey Rob just noticed you messaged back to my post. Cool thanks. Yeah I'm getting into this Tandy1000hx.. I have it expanded far beyond its original intention. makes it a nice useable machine. I am sending this post from it right now via wifi modem. Can you believe Tandy on wifi. Nuts. Im also
    into Commodor64 and Amiga... Thanks for reply. Im still getting used to this BBS.

---