• Ny Laws

From First Officer@VERT/HOLODECK to All on Tue Jan 15 15:02:23 2013
    Well it is starting. Now here in NY, Our Govt had gone to the strictest gun laws in the country so far. See if that makes us the safest.. Anyway, it is getting so bad, that according to the reports on the new law this morning among other things, You actually have to have a background check to even go in and by a box of shells at Walmart.. People are going to love hanging around waiting for a background check to go through, just to go shoot some targets etc. Thanks Governor Cuomo.. Now lets see what good it does.

Have a good One!
    Mike

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Holodeck BBS telnet://holo.homeip.net
  • From Corey@VERT/TSGC to First Officer on Tue Jan 15 17:32:05 2013
    Re: Ny Laws
    By: First Officer to All on Tue Jan 15 2013 10:02 am

and soon only criminals will own guns.

"Practise safe Lunch, Use a Condiment"

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Three Stooges Gentlemens Club - Las Vegas, Nv - tsgc.dyndns.org
  • From First Officer@VERT/HOLODECK to Corey on Tue Jan 15 22:58:57 2013
    By: Corey to First Officer on Tue Jan 15 2013 12:32 pm

Pick out two

Have a good One!
    Mike

---
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to First Officer on Tue Jan 15 22:40:51 2013

Well it is starting. Now here in NY, Our Govt had gone to the strictest gun laws in the country so far. See if that makes us the safest.. Anyway, it is getting so bad, that according to the reports on the new law this morning among other things, You actually have to have a background check to even go in and by a box of shells at Walmart.. People are going to love hanging around waiting for a background check to go through, just to go shoot some targets etc. Thanks Governor Cuomo.. Now lets see what good it does.

and the people who dont follow the law will buy magazines online

---
    * Synchronet * ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From The Millionaire@VERT/PARKAVE to First Officer on Tue Jan 15 21:00:59 2013
    By: First Officer to Corey on Tue Jan 15 2013 05:58 pm

By: Corey to First Officer on Tue Jan 15 2013 12:32 pm

Pick out two

Have a good One!
    Mike

Don;t they already by now? Judging from all the crimes they commit.

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place
    Surrey, B.C., Canada █ ♠ █

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Park Avenue Place - parkave.synchro.net
  • From Dreamer@VERT/SETXBBS to Mro on Wed Jan 16 01:08:55 2013
    By: Mro to First Officer on Tue Jan 15 2013 05:40 pm

and the people who dont follow the law will buy magazines online

Better yet, buy a 3D printer and download the prints. Just read on Slashdot today that a company successfully printed and tested a 30 round AK magazine, with almost 90 rounds test fired. They uploaded it to a free third party site for anyone with a printer to use.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Southeast Texas Chat
  • From Lord Time@VERT/TIME to Corey on Wed Jan 16 15:49:00 2013
    In a reply from Corey on 12:32 about Ny Laws

yep, they will

---
    Rob Starr
    Lord Time SysOp of Time Warp of the Future BBS
    telnet://time.synchro.net:24
    ICQ # 11868133 Yahoo : lordtime2000
    AIM : LordTime20000 MSN : Lord Time
    Jabber : lordtime2000@gmail.com Astra : lord_time

■ CMPQwk 1.42-R2 16554 ■ If it's working OK, then something's GOTTA be wrong! ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Time Warp of the Future BBS - Home of League 10 IBBS Games
  • From Captain Obvious@VERT/SHADOW9 to First Officer on Thu Jan 17 03:18:13 2013

morning among other things, You actually have to have a background check to even go in and by a box of shells at Walmart.. People are going to love hanging around waiting for a background check to go through, just to go

I am very much anti-gun control but I don't guess I have any problem at all with more stringent background checks. Just have to think ahead and buy more ammo <g>

Captain Obvious * bbs.shadowscope.com http://shadowscope.com <=-

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Shadowscope BBS * rmiles.myhomeseer.com
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Captain Obvious on Thu Jan 17 05:59:17 2013
    By: Captain Obvious to First Officer on Wed Jan 16 2013 10:18 pm

I am very much anti-gun control but I don't guess I have any problem at all with more stringent background checks. Just have to think ahead and buy
    more ammo <g>

this recent shit with the little kid writing obama a letter makes me want to puke.

really, it seems like these horrble things are allowed to happen so later
    on our rights can be taken away.

911 = patriot act and other laws for example.
    now all these rampages and they want to take away guns.

there's some cold calculating people allowing these things to happen so it benefits them later down the line.

---
    * Synchronet * ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From First Officer@VERT/HOLODECK to Captain Obvious on Thu Jan 17 15:14:29 2013

morning among other things, You actually have to have a background check to even go in and by a box of shells at Walmart.. People are going to love hanging around waiting for a background check to go

I am very much anti-gun control but I don't guess I have any problem at all with more stringent background checks. Just have to think ahead and buy
    more ammo <g>

You know what? I am not for a lot of the gun restrictions and new laws coming Nationally or here in my home state of NY. But.. I weigh on the side of this control stuff being overly necessary as I don't believe, 1. That it will make any difference and 2.To be honest I don't personally believe it is being done for the reasons that they are claimed other than a few Left wingers are like a lot of people and say something has to be done (and this is true) but the gun laws as far as limiting the firearm and it's magazines will not be the thing that makes the change. Background checks are good, but as is being talked about in our state. If You go to walmart and buy lets say six boxes of shells, After Your background check every time, You are also reported to the state police for buying so many boxes. Lets say tomorrow they decide 2 boxes. I dunno, I personally think it is just so they have a database of who owns any type of gun, so when the time comes and they decide to confiscate them they have all the info they need. Some of the new gun proposals I am sure will help, but not to the extent if someone is going to do something so evil, he will not be able to. There is a hidden agenda, to limit more freedom to the citizens. They kept quoting Yesterday, the President saying if he saves one life by doing this it is worth it. Well they say someone dies in our country every half hour from a motor vehicle accident. If he is serious about saving one life, Ban the cars! reduculous I know, but the reasons they are giving for taking away our freedoms, when You think about it, is just as absurd. Juan in the street gang isn't going to turn in his guns or limit his weapon size. He'll still plug our ass. Just like it is unlawful to drive while drunk, They still do it. People die. The law does not stop the ones that are going to break them.

An example of concern too... In my home state and in my home town that idiot shot and killed two firefighters and wounded others seriously. So now just a few weeks later they invoked a law that says anybody who kills a first responder goes to jail for life. Clapping and celebrating all over. My problem is, is this is a feel good thing, Not an actual solution to the problem. In so many of our recent gun tragedies across the country. How many of these guys were actually caught? Two, I can think of quickly, and I don't think the two even cared about whether they were going to jail for life. If they were that insane to do what they did, they are not going " Oh well, I might go to jail for life. Better see whats on TV instead " And most kill themselves or are killed. Gun control done in a proper reasonable manner may help. I am just not for these knee jerk things and stuff done under the pretenses of something possibly more sinister. Sorry I don't totally drink the koolaid, but I understand Your position. Everyone should be concerned, but we should think things through, but we can't Our President will only do what he wants anyway. Can You say Executive Order? Sure Ya Can... ;-)

Have a good One!
    Mike

---
  • From First Officer@VERT/HOLODECK to Mro on Thu Jan 17 15:58:44 2013
    By: Mro to Captain Obvious on Thu Jan 17 2013 12:59 am

this recent shit with the little kid writing obama a letter makes me want
    to puke.

Go and watch the video I posted a link to, I think in debate. One of the girls who was said to be killed in the massacre ended up on Obamas lap for a picture a few days later... Hmmmmmmmm... Even if that video is only half true.. there are some big holes in that Sandy Hook Story... Like facebook donation pages for kids. The pages and web sites were being made 2 days before the massacre. Must have been a lot of psychics out there. It is about 1/2 hour long, but it is worth the watch. Crazy stuff.. Some things make no sense when examined. But our media is not going to bring that up.

Have a good One!
    Mike

---
  • From Dreamer@VERT/SETXBBS to First Officer on Fri Jan 18 00:25:37 2013
    By: First Officer to Captain Obvious on Thu Jan 17 2013 10:14 am

can't Our President will only do what he wants anyway. Can You say
    Executive Order? Sure Ya Can... ;-)

I agree with everything you said.

However, as for the Executive Orders: I was quite upset when I read about Obama passing those 23 executive orders. The article I had initially read was extremely vague about what he actually passed, and I thought he had overstepped his authority. I know he has in the past with a few orders.

I first looked up exactly what an Executive Order is, as I wondered how presidents were ever given such authority. Turns out, in its purest form, it's simply directives to various branches of government; basically, a tool the president uses to "execute" laws passed by Congress as well as more mundane functions of the Executive. I also read about Proclamations, which in their purest form literally are directed at the general public. This is pretty much like it sounds: the president makes a declaration of what he wants to happen, and orders it done. It's intended more for ceremonial use, where nothing important is actually accomplished, such as proclaiming a holiday.

I then looked up what those 23 Orders actually were, and they pretty much follow the law. Mostly harmless. I calmed down a little after that; it's mostly orders asking various government agencies to look a little more into some things, share some info, etc. There are a few I don't agree with: one of them has to do with reminding doctors that nothing in the law prohibits them from compiling reports on patients owning firearms or some such thing. Limbaugh had a field day with that one! I don't believe many doctors are actually going to report anything more than they do now. Again, those Orders are just political posturing; mostly harmless.

If/when President Obama starts issuing Proclamations, that's when it's time to get scared. One of my local congressmen, Steve Stockman I believe it was, was saying something along the lines that if Obama passes Orders limiting gun rights, he was going to bring up impeachment in Congress. I wonder if the Orders that did get passed would have been any different if he hadn't announced that. It's good to know Congress is starting to get annoyed and is keeping a more wary outlook in Obama's administration these days. They were way too whipped four years ago.

---
  • From First Officer@VERT/HOLODECK to Dreamer on Fri Jan 18 04:27:55 2013
    By: Dreamer to First Officer on Thu Jan 17 2013 07:25 pm

If/when President Obama starts issuing Proclamations, that's when it's time to get scared. One of my local congressmen, Steve Stockman I believe it was, was saying something along the lines that if Obama passes Orders limiting gun rights, he was going to bring up impeachment in Congress. I wonder if the Orders that did get passed would have been any different if
    he hadn't announced that. It's good to know Congress is starting to get

Well said and interesting. You did a lot of research too. Wish everybody was as interested in whats going on these days. Most are like sheep..

Have a good One!
    Mike

---
  • From Captain Obvious@VERT/SHADOW9 to First Officer on Fri Jan 18 10:53:54 2013
    By: First Officer to Captain Obvious on Thu Jan 17 2013 10:14 am

side of this control stuff being overly necessary as I don't believe, 1. That it will make any difference and 2.To be honest I don't personally believe it is being done for the reasons that they are claimed other than

If Obama or any of the other folks who were so rabid about gun control REALLY wanted to make a difference they would be focusing on mental health issues. Since they don't...it just leads me to believe that they are just using the Sandy Hook tragedy as a convenient springboard to shove gun control laws down our throats.

Captain Obvious * bbs.shadowscope.com http://shadowscope.com <=-

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Shadowscope BBS * rmiles.myhomeseer.com
  • From First Officer@VERT/HOLODECK to Captain Obvious on Fri Jan 18 16:17:08 2013
    By: Captain Obvious to First Officer on Fri Jan 18 2013 05:53 am

side of this control stuff being overly necessary as I don't believe, 1. That it will make any difference and 2.To be honest I don't personally believe it is being done for the reasons that they are claimed other than

If Obama or any of the other folks who were so rabid about gun control REALLY wanted to make a difference they would be focusing on mental health issues. Since they don't...it just leads me to believe that they are just using the Sandy Hook tragedy as a convenient springboard to shove gun control laws down our throats.

I have to agree. There is the mental health issues, allowing crazy killers out of jail after short sentences, letting them fall through the cracks etc. There is a lot of stuff that can be done. And I only think this is just getting the foot in the door. We shall see. I still don't know if You saw that film clip about new evidence in the Sandy hook case, but it brings up a lot of questions about what actually happened and what the media was given to report. Sometimes actually stepping on their own toes. It really makes one think about who and what were feeding them info and what they decided or were told to report. A lot of oddities, Too many in fact.

Have a good One!
    Mike

---
  • From an0k@VERT/HAX0RQWK to All on Fri Jan 18 18:44:45 2013
    By: First Officer to Captain Obvious on Fri Jan 18 2013 11:17 am

By: Captain Obvious to First Officer on Fri Jan 18 2013 05:53 am

side of this control stuff being overly necessary as I don't believe 1. That it will make any difference and 2.To be honest I don't personally believe it is being done for the reasons that they are claimed other than

If Obama or any of the other folks who were so rabid about gun control REALLY wanted to make a difference they would be focusing on mental healt issues. Since they don't...it just leads me to believe that they are just using the Sandy Hook tragedy as a convenient springboard to shove gun control laws down our throats.

I have to agree. There is the mental health issues, allowing crazy killers o of jail after short sentences, letting them fall through the cracks etc. The is a lot of stuff that can be done. And I only think this is just getting th foot in the door. We shall see. I still don't know if You saw that film clip about new evidence in the Sandy hook case, but it brings up a lot of questio about what actually happened and what the media was given to report. Sometim actually stepping on their own toes. It really makes one think about who and what were feeding them info and what they decided or were told to report. A of oddities, Too many in fact.

Have a good One!
    Mike

I would like to chime in and say hi, and also I agree with this post. I would like to also add in that the majority of gun crimes involves illegally obtain guns. That being said, a lot of illegally obtained guns come from the illegal drug industry also. Ending the war on drugs would make a great deal of positive changes in this cesspool country. The "experts" say that "terrorists" are funded by drugs.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ .. hax0r's palace .. you've just been hax0r'd ..
  • From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to an0k on Sat Jan 19 15:09:51 2013
    By: an0k to All on Fri Jan 18 2013 13:44:45

I would like to chime in and say hi, and also I agree with this post. I woul like to also add in that the majority of gun crimes involves illegally obtai guns. That being said, a lot of illegally obtained guns come from the illega drug industry also. Ending the war on drugs would make a great deal of posit changes in this cesspool country. The "experts" say that "terrorists" are funded by drugs.

Amen my brutha. It's refreshing, amongst all of the negative criticism and uneducated disregard of these viewpoints, to see that there are others who bother to do the homework and stay educated on what's going on in this country today. I only hope that people like you and I are making a little bit of a difference in getting some other people to take the time to do the homework for themselves, as well. I know I've gotten a handful of people to do their homework and they've ended up changing their viewpoints accordingly, but sometimes it gets a little bit disheartening to see how slow and tedious of a process it really is for each individual.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Tinfoil Tetrahedron : telnet bismaninfo.hopto.org 8023 : http:8080
  • From Dreamer@VERT/SETXBBS to Khelair on Sat Jan 19 23:08:10 2013
    By: Khelair to an0k on Sat Jan 19 2013 10:09 am

handful of people to do their homework and they've ended up changing their viewpoints accordingly, but sometimes it gets a little bit disheartening
    to see how slow and tedious of a process it really is for each individual.

In my experience, people are either open or closed to learning. Once a closed minded person has an opinion, no amount of illumination changes it. Although it's fun to try to poke holes for the light to shine through. :)

---
  • From an0k@VERT/HAX0RQWK to Khelair on Sun Jan 20 03:25:25 2013
    By: Dreamer to Khelair on Sat Jan 19 2013 06:08 pm

By: Khelair to an0k on Sat Jan 19 2013 10:09 am

handful of people to do their homework and they've ended up changing thei viewpoints accordingly, but sometimes it gets a little bit disheartening to see how slow and tedious of a process it really is for each individual

In my experience, people are either open or closed to learning. Once a clos minded person has an opinion, no amount of illumination changes it. Althoug it's fun to try to poke holes for the light to shine through. :)

My dad always said, "Minds are like parachutes, they only function when
    open."

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ .. hax0r's palace .. you've just been hax0r'd ..
  • From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to Dreamer on Thu Jan 24 20:55:00 2013
    By: Dreamer to Khelair on Sat Jan 19 2013 18:08:10

In my experience, people are either open or closed to learning. Once a clos minded person has an opinion, no amount of illumination changes it. Althoug it's fun to try to poke holes for the light to shine through. :)

That certainly seems to be a case, at least a lot of the time. I've had the luck to have met a few highly intelligent individuals who have started out with an extremely shallow and narrow view of the world (primarily from extremely wealthy, white, devout Christian families with little association outside of the religion) who, as they grew and matured for hell, 20 years from their teens to late 30s, have evolved in that way, however. Holy run-on sentence, batman. Sorry about that. Too much coffee. Anyway, I give up once in awhile with ones that seem to have the intellect to question their early learnings, but I try not to most of the time now.
    Fun... well maybe sometimes. :)

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Tinfoil Tetrahedron : telnet bismaninfo.hopto.org 8023 : http:8080
  • From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to an0k on Thu Jan 24 20:55:46 2013
    By: an0k to Khelair on Sat Jan 19 2013 22:25:25

My dad always said, "Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open."

No doubt.

---
  • From Shadowheart@VERT/TSEBBS to Captain Obvious on Tue Feb 26 02:22:00 2013

I am very much anti-gun control but I don't guess I have any problem at
    all
    with more stringent background checks. Just have to think ahead and buy more ammo <g>
    hahahahahaha I agree and that is why they call you captain obvious; Master of the obvious!

Respectfully,
    Michael
    ShadowHeart
    The Savage Empire BBS
    tsebbs.com

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Savage Empire BBS - tsebbs.com