• K-Mart Policy

From Jim@VERT/TOHS to All on Thu May 17 13:41:00 2007
    Well, we can always goto WalMart buy a shotgun and some shells and blow
    people away because thats legal and theres no waiting period that i can tell
    on shotguns - some guy just did this awhile back, went to walmart bought a
    shot gun then went and killed his wife and mother in law

Jim
    ...Jim
    <<<WTF happened to my signature?>>>

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Tower of High Sorcery
  • From Angus McLeod@VERT/ANJO to Jim on Thu May 17 18:38:00 2007
    Re: K-Mart Policy
    By: Jim to All on Thu May 17 2007 09:41:00

Well, we can always goto WalMart buy a shotgun and some shells and blow people away because thats legal and theres no waiting period that i can tell on shotguns - some guy just did this awhile back, went to walmart bought a shot gun then went and killed his wife and mother in law

Hopefully, this law never changes. If it does, how will we keep our wives
    and mothers-in-law in line?

---
    Playing: "Evil woman" by "Electric Light Orchestra"
    from the "ELO classics" album
    ■ Synchronet ■ 9x19 rules 45-ACP at The ANJO BBS
  • From Ralph Smole@VERT/NIMBUS to Jim on Thu May 17 20:21:00 2007
    By: Jim to All on Thu May 17 2007 09:41 am

Well, we can always goto WalMart buy a shotgun and some shells and blow people away because thats legal and theres no waiting period that i can tell on shotguns - some guy just did this awhile back, went to walmart bought a shot gun then went and killed his wife and mother in law

Jim
    ...Jim

Not at my WalMart..no more guns, just ammo.
    Dirty Jack Rackham...A.K.A: Ralph Smole
    www.freewebs.com/ralphsmole
    www.hillsofbriaroaks.bravehost.com

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Nimbus BBS: nimbus.synchro.net AND www.freewebs.com/ralphsmole
  • From Gandolf@VERT to All on Thu May 17 20:48:00 2007
    Well, we can always goto WalMart buy a shotgun and some shells and blow people away because thats legal and theres no waiting period that i can
    tell
    on shotguns - some guy just did this awhile back, went to walmart bought a shot gun then went and killed his wife and mother in law

Jim
    ...Jim

---

Being that you don't have a clue, let me give you one. GUNS don't kill people.... the a$$hole behind the trigger will do the killing. The dude
    that you refer to about killing his wife and mother in law.... 10 to 1 shot he was going to do it anyways, whether or not he had immediate access to a gun.
    While you're at it, why don't you outlaw ALL guns so that way the ONLY people who have them (guns) are the CRIMINALS WHO DON'T CARE IF THEY GO TO JAIL FOR POSSESSING A WEAPON.
    ***This is where you hang your head in shame.***
    ---
    Gandolf
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From Ralph Smole@VERT/NIMBUS to Gandolf on Thu May 17 23:57:00 2007
    By: Gandolf to All on Thu May 17 2007 04:48 pm

While you're at it, why don't you outlaw ALL guns so that way the ONLY people who have them (guns) are the CRIMINALS WHO DON'T CARE IF THEY GO TO JAIL FOR POSSESSING A WEAPON.

Or blow said head off and put us all out of his misery :-)

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Nimbus BBS: nimbus.synchro.net AND www.freewebs.com/ralphsmole
  • From Finnigann@VERT/BNB to Gandolf on Fri May 18 02:33:00 2007
    Without regards to the social ramifications;
    Gandolf wrote to All <=-

Well, we can always goto WalMart buy a shotgun and some shells and blow people away because thats legal and theres no waiting period that i can
    tell
    on shotguns - some guy just did this awhile back, went to walmart bought a shot gun then went and killed his wife and mother in law

Being that you don't have a clue, let me give you one. GUNS don't kill people.... the a$$hole behind the trigger will do the killing.
    The dude that you refer to about killing his wife and mother in law....
    10 to 1 shot he was going to do it anyways, whether or not he had immediate access to a gun.
    While you're at it, why don't you outlaw ALL guns so that way the
    ONLY people who have them (guns) are the CRIMINALS WHO DON'T CARE IF
    THEY GO TO JAIL FOR POSSESSING A WEAPON.

That's why gun CONTROL is what is being sought. To keep them same
    A$$holes from getting their hands on any firearms. At least the ones we
    know are a$$holes, anyway. We also restrict weapons from children and
    idiots.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe
    as it really is than to persist in delusion,
    however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

... Racist- adj. Someone who argues with a conservative. ie Racist Liberal
    --- MultiMail/Win32 v0.47
    ■ Synchronet ■ Bits-N-Bytes - bnb.dtdns.net / bnb.synchro.net - One Hellofa BBS
  • From Ralph Smole@VERT/NIMBUS to Finnigann on Fri May 18 00:51:00 2007
    Re: Re: K-Mart Policy
    By: Finnigann to Gandolf on Thu May 17 2007 10:33 pm

Without regards to the social ramifications;
    Gandolf wrote to All <=-

Well, we can always goto WalMart buy a shotgun and some shells and blow people away because thats legal and theres no waiting period that i can tell
    on shotguns - some guy just did this awhile back, went to walmart bought shot gun then went and killed his wife and mother in law

Being that you don't have a clue, let me give you one. GUNS don't kill people.... the a$$hole behind the trigger will do the killing. The dude that you refer to about killing his wife and mother in law....
    10 to 1 shot he was going to do it anyways, whether or not he had immediate access to a gun.

idiots.

... Racist- adj. Someone who argues with a conservative. ie Racist Liberal

Yeah, like the assholes who call themselves "trophy-hunters."
    Pricks.

---
  • From Gandolf@VERT to All on Fri May 18 00:59:00 2007
    idiots.

... Racist- adj. Someone who argues with a conservative. ie Racist Liberal --- MultiMail/Win32 v0.47
    ■ Synchronet ■ Bits-N-Bytes - bnb.dtdns.net / bnb.synchro.net - One
    Hellofa BBS

A town in GA has proven that REQUIRING all of its residents to own and
    operate a firearm makes the community safer.
    Control THIS.
    http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55288
    Credit for this article goes to "Sniper."

Before you open your mouth Finnigann, keep in mind that this article is
    based on fact, and not some delusional philosophy some politician has come
    up with.

Text from the above referenced article:
    As the nation debates whether more guns or fewer can prevent tragedies like the Virginia Tech Massacre, a notable anniversary passed last month in a Georgia town that witnessed a dramatic plunge in crime and violence after mandating residents to own firearms.

In March 1982, 25 years ago, the small town of Kennesaw - responding to a handgun ban in Morton Grove, Ill. - unanimously passed an ordinance
    requiring each head of household to own and maintain a gun. Since then, despite dire predictions of "Wild West" showdowns and increased violence and accidents, not a single resident has been involved in a fatal shooting - as
    a victim, attacker or defender.

The crime rate initially plummeted for several years after the passage of
    the ordinance, with the 2005 per capita crime rate actually significantly lower than it was in 1981, the year before passage of the law.

Prior to enactment of the law, Kennesaw had a population of just 5,242 but a crime rate significantly higher (4,332 per 100,000) than the national
    average (3,899 per 100,000). The latest statistics available - for the year 2005 - show the rate at 2,027 per 100,000. Meanwhile, the population has skyrocketed to 28,189.

By comparison, the population of Morton Grove, the first city in Illinois to adopt a gun ban for anyone other than police officers, has actually dropped slightly and stands at 22,202, according to 2005 statistics. More significantly, perhaps, the city's crime rate increased by 15.7 percent immediately after the gun ban, even though the overall crime rate in Cook County rose only 3 percent. Today, by comparison, the township's crime rate stands at 2,268 per 100,000.

This was not what some predicted.

In a column titled "Gun Town USA," Art Buchwald suggested Kennesaw would
    soon become a place where routine disagreements between neighbors would be settled in shootouts. The Washington Post mocked Kennesaw as "the brave
    little city . soon to be pistol-packing capital of the world." Phil Donahue invited the mayor on his show.

Reuters, the European news service, today revisited the Kennesaw controversy following the Virginia Tech Massacre.

Police Lt. Craig Graydon said: "When the Kennesaw law was passed in 1982
    there was a substantial drop in crime . and we have maintained a really low crime rate since then. We are sure it is one of the lowest (crime) towns in the metro area." Kennesaw is just north of Atlanta.

The Reuters story went on to report: "Since the Virginia Tech shootings,
    some conservative U.S. talk show hosts have rejected attempts to link the massacre to the availability of guns, arguing that had students been allowed to carry weapons on campus someone might have been able to shoot the
    killer."

Virginia Tech, like many of the nation's schools and college campuses, is a so-called "gun-free zone," which Second Amendment supporters say invites gun violence - especially from disturbed individuals seeking to kill as many victims as possible.

Cho Seung-Hui murdered 32 and wounded another 15 before turning his gun on himself.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From Lord Time@VERT/TIME to Angus McLeod on Thu May 17 21:23:00 2007
    In a reply from Angus McLeod on 14:38 about K-Mart Policy

Hopefully, this law never changes. If it does, how will we keep our wives and mothers-in-law in line?

LOL :)

Rob Starr
    Lord Time SysOp of Time Warp of the Future BBS
    Telnet://Time.Darktech.Org or
    Telnet://Timewarpfuture.Dyndns.Org
    or Telnet://Time.Synchro.Net
    ICQ # 11868133 or # 70398519
    Yahoo : lordtime2000 AIM : LordTime20000 MSN : Lord Time

■ CMPQwk 1.42 16554 ■ ... "Fascinating. A totally parochial attitude." Spock

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Time Warp of the Future BBS - Home of League 10 IBBS Games
  • From W8ZZU@VERT/SCANNER to Jim on Sun May 20 00:56:00 2007
    By: Jim to All on Thu May 17 2007 10:41 am

My local Walmart in White Lake stopped selling Shotguns / Rifles. I don't shop there anymore.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    | Jason - W8ZZU |
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Scanner Enthusiasts BBS - scannerbbs.dyndns.org - *Dove-Net
  • From Jim@VERT/TOHS to Gandolf on Mon May 21 13:52:00 2007
    By: Gandolf to All on Thu May 17 2007 04:48 pm

Well, we can always goto WalMart buy a shotgun and some shells and blow people away because thats legal and theres no waiting period that i can tell

Jim
    ...Jim

Being that you don't have a clue, let me give you one. GUNS don't kill people.... the a$$hole behind the trigger will do the killing. The dude that you refer to about killing his wife and mother in law.... 10 to 1 shot he was going to do it anyways, whether or not he had immediate access to a gun.

I am not sure i am following you here

...Jim

---
  • From Jim@VERT/TOHS to W8ZZU on Mon May 21 13:55:00 2007
    By: W8ZZU to Jim on Sat May 19 2007 08:56 pm

By: Jim to All on Thu May 17 2007 10:41 am

Well, we can always goto WalMart buy a shotgun and some shells and blow people away because thats legal and theres no waiting period that i can t on shotguns - some guy just did this awhile back, went to walmart bought shot gun then went and killed his wife and mother in law

My local Walmart in White Lake stopped selling Shotguns / Rifles. I don't s there anymore.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    | Jason - W8ZZU |
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Perhaps they changed their rules after the last guy who cought stuff from
    them and then killed people. People are insane, but i think we have the
    right to defend ourselves against them.

...Jim

---
  • From W8ZZU@VERT/SCANNER to Jim on Tue May 22 02:33:00 2007
    By: Jim to W8ZZU on Mon May 21 2007 10:55 am

Well, we can always goto WalMart buy a shotgun and some shells and blo people away because thats legal and theres no waiting period that i ca on shotguns - some guy just did this awhile back, went to walmart boug shot gun then went and killed his wife and mother in law

My local Walmart in White Lake stopped selling Shotguns / Rifles. I don' there anymore.

Perhaps they changed their rules after the last guy who cought stuff from them and then killed people. People are insane, but i think we have the right to defend ourselves against them.

Well, how can "we" defend ourselves against insane people if they stop selling firearms? Where or when does it matter if you buy a shotgun and kill somebody weather you bought it at Walmart / Sporting Goods store or a gun show or your neighbor? Or on the street?

Perhaps Walmart higher ups are big pussies like the people at K-mart.. K-mart is going out of business, Sears can't even save them.. Walmart is next to start going out of business..

Maybe they should stop selling Ding dongs and ho ho's too because fat people can't control themselves.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    | Jason - W8ZZU |
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Scanner Enthusiasts BBS - scannerbbs.dyndns.org - *Dove-Net