• Adaptec Install CD

From DesotoFireflite@VERT/VALHALLA to All on Fri Aug 8 10:30:33 2014
    If anyone has a Adaptec Install CD for the SCSi Raid Card 2120S, can you make me an ISO of the CD. I can't find it on the support board, or on the net anywhere. I know this is a long shot, but I had to ask. Thanks In Advance.

- SENILE.COM found...Out of Memory...

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Valhalla Home Services ■ USA ■ http://valhalla.synchro.net
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to DesotoFireflite on Fri Aug 8 21:51:01 2014
    Re: Adaptec Install CD
    By: DesotoFireflite to All on Fri Aug 08 2014 06:30 am

If anyone has a Adaptec Install CD for the SCSi Raid Card 2120S, can you make me an ISO of the CD. I can't find it on the support board, or on the net anywhere. I know this is a long shot, but I had to ask. Thanks In Advance.

dont they still have that website where everyone uploads drivers?
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From DesotoFireflite@VERT/VALHALLA to Mro on Sat Aug 9 08:36:12 2014
    By: Mro to DesotoFireflite on Fri Aug 08 2014 05:51 pm

I looked, but only found drivers. I'm hoping the onboard bios will let me set it up without the disk. I use ServeRaid now, but I upgraded from Ultra 120 disks to Ultra 320 disks, and I'm noticing a bottleneck with the old controller card as it was designed for Ultra 120. Anyway, I'll find out this weekend, LOL. Hope all is going good for you, thanks for the reply.

- The truth will set you free. But first it'll piss you off.

- C.G. Learn
    - Valhalla Home Services! - Telnet://valhalla.synchro.net
    - A Gamers Paradise - Over 100 Registered Online Game Doors!

---
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to DesotoFireflite on Sat Aug 9 14:13:32 2014
    By: DesotoFireflite to Mro on Sat Aug 09 2014 04:36 am

I looked, but only found drivers. I'm hoping the onboard bios will let me set it up without the disk. I use ServeRaid now, but I upgraded from Ultra 120 disks to Ultra 320 disks, and I'm noticing a bottleneck with the old controller card as it was designed for Ultra 120. Anyway, I'll find out

maybe you should just get a cheap computer off of ebay and run your bbs on that?
    i got a dual core for 40 bucks with free shipping last year. that's rare, but you can get one for 50-65-70 bucks
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From DesotoFireflite@VERT/VALHALLA to Mro on Sat Aug 9 15:04:37 2014
    By: Mro to DesotoFireflite on Sat Aug 09 2014 10:13 am

maybe you should just get a cheap computer off of ebay and run your bbs on that?
    i got a dual core for 40 bucks with free shipping last year. that's rare, but you can get one for 50-65-70 bucks

I prob will if this card doesn't work. It's been a good server up to now. I've been looking on ebay for a few weeks, and i've seen some great deals.

- FART(n): An audio test of one's waste-disposal system.

- C.G. Learn
    - Valhalla Home Services! - Telnet://valhalla.synchro.net
    - A Gamers Paradise - Over 100 Registered Online Game Doors!

---
  • From Android8675@VERT/SHODAN to DesotoFireflite on Sun Aug 10 12:03:09 2014
    By: DesotoFireflite to Mro on Sat Aug 09 2014 04:36 am

I looked, but only found drivers. I'm hoping the onboard bios will let me set it up without the disk. I use ServeRaid now, but I upgraded from Ultra 120 disks to Ultra 320 disks, and I'm noticing a bottleneck with the old controller card as it was designed for Ultra 120. Anyway, I'll find out this weekend, LOL. Hope all is going good for you, thanks for the reply.

Usually with SCSI controllers you can access the BIOS by pressing Ctrl-I at boot up. Assuming the card is installed in the system and not damaged. Shouldn't need to update the BIOS to access this screen as cards come pre-installed with all that stuff.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Shodan's Core - shodan.synchro.net:23 & :2323