• fidonet help

From sysop@VERT/STOMPINT to All on Sat Jun 6 21:57:23 2015
    hi i need to know exactly to address a fidonet message and cant seem to find any real explanations online.

step 1: already contacted my coordinator and he gave me the to address: example 2:999/999
    step 2: i set up my synchronet with my temp address he gave me and input his as default to send

what i need to know is what exactly do i put in the TO: field?
    i have imported a current node list but when i go into my bbs and try to send a message in the fido areas i am stumped by what to put in the to field?
    do i use just his number 2:999/999 or do i use his name john doe or do i add @fidonet or @fidonet.org after the number or name/
    i believe everything is set correctly just stumped at this step and any help at all would be greatlly appreciated
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Stompin the yard
  • From Digital Man@VERT to sysop on Tue Jun 9 03:37:34 2015
    Re: fidonet help
    By: sysop to All on Sat Jun 06 2015 05:57 pm

hi i need to know exactly to address a fidonet message and cant seem to find any real explanations online.

step 1: already contacted my coordinator and he gave me the to address: example 2:999/999
    step 2: i set up my synchronet with my temp address he gave me and input his as default to send

sysop@<zone>:<net/node> where zone, net, and node are the components of your uplink's fidonet addreess. For examp,e to Fido netmail me, you would enter "sysop@1:103/705" in the "to" field.

i have imported a current node list but when i go into my bbs and try to send a message in the fido areas i am stumped by what to put in the to field?

Synchronet doesn't use FTN nodelist's for anything.

do i use just his number 2:999/999

I'm pretty sure that's *your* temp node number, not his.

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #83:
    The Electronic Frontier Foundation used to run Synchronet (circa 1993).
    Norco, CA WX: 73.6°F, 61.0% humidity, 4 mph NW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From sysop@VERT/STOMPINT to Digital Man on Wed Jun 10 04:20:33 2015
    By: Digital Man to sysop on Mon Jun 08 2015 23:37:34

By: sysop to All on Sat Jun 06 2015 05:57 pm

hi i need to know exactly to address a fidonet message and cant seem to f any real explanations online.

step 2: i set up my synchronet with my temp address he gave me and input as default to send

sysop@<zone>:<net/node> where zone, net, and node are the components of your uplink's fidonet addreess. For examp,e to Fido netmail me, you would enter "sysop@1:103/705" in the "to" field.

Synchronet doesn't use FTN nodelist's for anything.

do i use just his number 2:999/999

I'm pretty sure that's *your* temp node number, not his.

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #83:
    The Electronic Frontier Foundation used to run Synchronet (circa 1993). Norco, CA WX: 73.6°F, 61.0% humidity, 4 mph NW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net
    thank you for the reply sir, i got it up and runnin now though my coordinator helped me with the syncronet and bink settings and i got my feeds rockin so its all good
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Stompin the yard