• packaging SEXYZ

From Marshmello@VERT to digital man on Sat Apr 22 13:51:29 2017
    Hi Digital Man,
    I am wondering what you would like in exchange for making sexyz into a debian package (.deb). I have tried and tried to complile sexyz on GNU/Linux Ubuntu but haven't got anywhere. Please decide on what seems fair to you and I will try to accomodiate it. I have tried dosbox and wine, but neither seem to do the job. Please write me regarding when the best time to talk is. Your help is appreciated.

Best regards,
    Marshmello

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From KK4QBN@VERT/KK4QBN to Marshmello on Sat Apr 22 17:47:08 2017
    Re: packaging SEXYZ
    By: Marshmello to digital man on Sat Apr 22 2017 09:51 am

Hi Digital Man,
    I am wondering what you would like in exchange for making sexyz into a debian package (.deb). I have tried and tried to complile sexyz on GNU/Linux Ubuntu but haven't got anywhere. Please decide on what seems fair to you and I will try to accomodiate it. I have tried dosbox and wine, but neither seem to do the job. Please write me regarding when the best time to talk is. Your help is appreciated.

dosbox would run the dos version of sexyz, if thats even possible, I believe you have your wires mixed somwhere.. the ONLY reason you should need DOSEMU running the GNU/Linux version of SBBS is to run the 16 bit DOS doorgames..

sexyz should compile just fine with the rest of the SBBS code, have you read the manual?

"Did'nt you get the memo?"

--

Tim Smith (KK4QBN)
    KK4QBN BBS

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ KK4QBN + (706)-422-9538 + kk4qbn.synchro.net + 24/7/365
  • From KK4QBN@VERT/KK4QBN to Marshmello on Sat Apr 22 17:49:34 2017
    By: KK4QBN to Marshmello on Sat Apr 22 2017 01:47 pm

are you trying to use sexyz for something OTHER than SBBS? this is what it seems you are trying to do, there may be an easier way, I dunno, but download the SBBS tree from the cvs repo and compile it, the sexyz binary will be there with all other ones.

--

Tim Smith (KK4QBN)
    KK4QBN BBS

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ KK4QBN + (706)-422-9538 + kk4qbn.synchro.net + 24/7/365
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Marshmello on Sat Jun 3 16:53:01 2017
    By: Marshmello to digital man on Sat Apr 22 2017 09:51 am

Hi Digital Man,

I replied to your email but never heard back:

SEXYZ for Linux (x64) is included in the nightly build/archive: ftp://vert.synchro.net/Synchronet/sbbs_dev.tgz

The documentation is here: http://wiki.synchro.net/util:sexyz

If you need more help, just let me know.

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #13:
    Synchronet was the first BBS software to ship with internal QWK networking. Norco, CA WX: 83.4°F, 46.0% humidity, 9 mph ENE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net