• System - Task Manager

From Chai@VERT/FRUGALBB to All on Tue Nov 20 05:53:12 2018
    As I understand it, the System process is actually the kernel in Windows and should have a usage rate close to zero. Is this correct? I used process explorer to view what was hitting the kernel so much. There were a few things, but the AMD APU graphics driver was generating the biggest hit. My computer was running fine, but one day it started crawling at a snails pace. It could be the fall update causing all of this, but it seemed to run ok after the update for awhile?

I've tried updating my UEFI BIOS, but it will not update to new or older versions. This all seemed to start when I clicked on a link in a Google search for a news article. The web page displayed strange text charcters. I had secure boot disabled because I was dual booting Linux. I tried resetting Windows, but no luck. Utilization stayed at 99%. In Linux, everything runs fine. All virus scans come out clean in both OS's (4 different branded scanners). It has me puzzled. I suppose the only way to verify if you have a UEFI virus is to install ESET antivirus? I can't seem to find any standalone scanners that scan for UEFI viruses.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Frugal Computing BBS - frugalbbs.com