• Old Lionel Trains

From Linewalker@VERT to All on Sat Nov 19 04:08:08 2016
    I have a bunch of real old Lionel Trains and Accessories and would like to know if any money can be had from them or just throw into the rust pile.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From Birdcatcher@VERT/HDCAFE to All on Sat Nov 19 10:53:02 2016
    I have a bunch of old Lionel Trains & Accessories. Are any Lionel worth anything or should I throw them into the rust pile.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Hard Drive Cafe BBS is BACK! telnet://bbs.hdcbbs.com
  • From Tim Smith@VERT/KK4QBN to Linewalker on Sat Nov 19 12:10:12 2016
    Re: Old Lionel Trains
    By: Linewalker to All on Fri Nov 18 2016 11:08 pm

I have a bunch of real old Lionel Trains and Accessories and would like to know if any money can be had from them or just throw into the rust pile.

haven't messed with trains in a while bu LIONEL has ALWAYS held their value, but that stuff on EBAY!
    --

Tim Smith (KK4QBN)

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ KK4QBN BBS - (706)422-9538 - kk4qbn.synchro.net, Chatsworth GA
  • From DUMAS WALKER@VERT/CAPCITY2/CAPCITY to BIRDCATCHER on Sat Nov 19 23:27:00 2016
    I have a bunch of old Lionel Trains & Accessories. Are any Lionel worth anything or should I throw them into the rust pile.

Check around on the Internet. There are a lot of Lionel collectors out
    there, if what you have is considered collectable.

---
    ■ SLMR 2.1a ■ "¡Beavis! ¿Donde esta su hall pass?"
    ---
    ■ BgNet 1.0ß12 ≈ CCO * KY/US * 502/875-8938 * capcity2.synchro.net
  • From Android8675@VERT/SHODAN to DUMAS WALKER on Thu Dec 1 02:51:23 2016
    By: DUMAS WALKER to BIRDCATCHER on Sat Nov 19 2016 06:27 pm

I have a bunch of old Lionel Trains & Accessories. Are any Lionel
    worth anything or should I throw them into the rust pile.

Check around on the Internet. There are a lot of Lionel collectors out there, if what you have is considered collectable.

O Gauge?!

Because I love that stuff. My stuff is pretty rusted and the cost of new track is insane. I am planning to give my stuff to my daughter once she's old enough to apprecaite and we hopefully have the space to setup a nice track.

-A.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Shodan's Core @ ShodansCore.com (Port 2323 for Nethack)
  • From Poindexter Fortran@VERT/REALITY to Android8675 on Thu Dec 1 14:21:36 2016
    By: Android8675 to DUMAS WALKER on Wed Nov 30 2016 09:51 pm

Because I love that stuff. My stuff is pretty rusted and the cost of new track is insane. I am planning to give my stuff to my daughter once she's old enough to apprecaite and we hopefully have the space to setup a nice track.

Soak it in CLR, then use a nylon scrub brush. Our water is hard as hell out here, and I've been buying CLR for soaking and de-liming everything from a kettle to showerheads.

I had some rusty sliding closet door guides, and didn't want to deal with taking the doors off and replacing them, as they're a custom size. Ran a nylon brush with CLR to get most of the rust off, then hit the stubborn spots with a wire brush attachment on my drill, and repainted with Rustoleum. Good as new.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ realitycheckBBS -- http://realitycheckBBS.org
  • From DUMAS WALKER@VERT/CAPCITY2/CAPCITY to ANDROID8675 on Thu Dec 1 23:17:00 2016
    I have a bunch of old Lionel Trains & Accessories. Are any Lionel
    worth anything or should I throw them into the rust pile.
    Check around on the Internet. There are a lot of Lionel collectors out there, if what you have is considered collectable.

O Gauge?!

Yeah, I am not sure what kind he has but, since it is Lionel, I would imagine it is.

Because I love that stuff. My stuff is pretty rusted and the cost of new track >is insane. I am planning to give my stuff to my daughter once she's old enough >to apprecaite and we hopefully have the space to setup a nice track.

I have a lot of HO equipment... some from my childhood and some from my young adulthood. I seem to lack the time and $$$ to put too much into it these
    days, but I sometimes get a bit of time to tinker with it. Been working on adding a coal mine to it.

---
    ■ SLMR 2.1a ■ Arnold Layne, don't do it again!
    ---
    ■ BgNet 1.0ß12 ≈ CCO * KY/US * 502/875-8938 * capcity2.synchro.net
  • From Android8675@VERT/SHODAN to DUMAS WALKER on Sat Dec 3 13:04:51 2016
    By: DUMAS WALKER to ANDROID8675 on Thu Dec 01 2016 06:17 pm

I have a lot of HO equipment... some from my childhood and some from my young adulthood. I seem to lack the time and $$$ to put too much into it these days, but I sometimes get a bit of time to tinker with it. Been working on adding a coal mine to it.

Photos?

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Shodan's Core @ ShodansCore.com (Port 2323 for Nethack)
  • From xfdrak@VERT/PHARCYDE to Poindexter Fortran on Wed Jun 21 17:06:46 2017
    By: Poindexter Fortran to Android8675 on Thu Dec 01 2016 09:21 am

I've been wondering what to do with my old o-31 track that got left in a room that got flooded one winter. I'm going to grab one of the worst ones and try the CLR. I haven't had any corrosion problems with my newer fast track.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ thePharcyde_ telnet://bbs.pharcyde.org (Wisconsin)