• Ubuntu debain 64bit suppo

From Lesser Keys@VERT/UNIXMACH to All on Mon Dec 13 01:50:00 2010
    Were is the support for 64bit ubuntu I have tried and tried to get it to work. No success. I am running it now on a virtual machine.
    Cheers.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ UNIX Machine - williammeadows.myftp.org
  • From Access Denied@VERT/PHARCYDE to Lesser Keys on Mon Dec 13 09:27:19 2010
    Re: Ubuntu debain 64bit suppo
    By: Lesser Keys to All on Sun Dec 12 2010 08:50 pm

Were is the support for 64bit ubuntu I have tried and tried to get it to wor No success. I am running it now on a virtual machine.
    Cheers.

Tried and tried to get WHAT to work? This is the Unix discussion sub, you could be talking about a huuuge variety of things. If you're talking about Synchronet, you might want to head to the Synchronet Discussion sub to get your questions answered.

axisd

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ thePharcyde_ >> telnet://bbs.pharcyde.org (Wisconsin)
  • From Lesser Keys@VERT/UNIXMACH to Access Denied on Mon Dec 13 18:32:00 2010
    By: Access Denied to Lesser Keys on Mon Dec 13 2010 04:27 am

Were is the support for 64bit ubuntu I have tried and tried to get it to No success. I am running it now on a virtual machine.
    Cheers.

Tried and tried to get WHAT to work? This is the Unix discussion sub, you co be talking about a huuuge variety of things. If you're talking about Synchronet, you might want to head to the Synchronet Discussion sub to get y questions answered.

axisd

Yes I was just blundering kinda ranting on about it. I know If I have a question I wanted answered I could go in there. I was just trying to get a debate going. :)

---
  • From Gandolf@VERT to Lesser Keys on Tue Dec 14 01:38:34 2010
    Were is the support for 64bit ubuntu I have tried and tried to get it
    to
    No success. I am running it now on a virtual machine.
    Cheers.

Tried and tried to get WHAT to work? This is the Unix discussion sub,
    you co
    be talking about a huuuge variety of things. If you're talking about Synchronet, you might want to head to the Synchronet Discussion sub to
    get y
    questions answered.

axisd

Yes I was just blundering kinda ranting on about it. I know If I have a question I wanted answered I could go in there. I was just trying to get a debate going. :)

---

Nothing like using ambiguous questions expecting specific statements.
    I know a couple of managers like that....

They hate my guts.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From Lesser Keys@VERT/UNIXMACH to Access Denied on Tue Dec 14 15:22:00 2010
    By: Access Denied to Lesser Keys on Mon Dec 13 2010 04:27 am

Were is the support for 64bit ubuntu I have tried and tried to get it to No success. I am running it now on a virtual machine.
    Cheers.

Tried and tried to get WHAT to work? This is the Unix discussion sub, you co be talking about a huuuge variety of things. If you're talking about Synchronet, you might want to head to the Synchronet Discussion sub to get y questions answered.

axisd

Sorry I thought I had posted it on a sub locally. I was talking about using synchronet. With 64 bit ubuntu. It has gave me nothing but errors.
    So I just installed it in a virtual machine....

---
  • From Lesser Keys@VERT/UNIXMACH to Gandolf on Tue Dec 14 15:23:00 2010
    Re: Re: Ubuntu debain 64bit s
    By: Gandolf to Lesser Keys on Mon Dec 13 2010 08:38 pm

Were is the support for 64bit ubuntu I have tried and tried to get it
    to
    Cheers.

Tried and tried to get WHAT to work? This is the Unix discussion sub, you co
    be talking about a huuuge variety of things. If you're talking about Synchronet, you might want to head to the Synchronet Discussion sub to get y
    questions answered.

axisd

---

They hate my guts.

LOL...so were's the support for 64 bit. I mean It even says in the documents for 64 bit that you are going to get a bunch of errors lol. RED flag. I said to myself "were is the support for this!" Is someone slacking? Waiting for someone else to write an install script for it.

---
  • From Lesser Keys@VERT/UNIXMACH to Lesser Keys on Tue Dec 14 15:23:00 2010
    By: Lesser Keys to Gandolf on Tue Dec 14 2010 10:23 am

By: Gandolf to Lesser Keys on Mon Dec 13 2010 08:38 pm

Were is the support for 64bit ubuntu I have tried and tried to get
    to
    Cheers.

Tried and tried to get WHAT to work? This is the Unix discussion sub, you co
    be talking about a huuuge variety of things. If you're talking about Synchronet, you might want to head to the Synchronet Discussion sub t get y
    questions answered.

axisd

Yes I was just blundering kinda ranting on about it. I know If I have a question I wanted answered I could go in there. I was just trying to ge debate going. :)

---

They hate my guts.

LOL...so were's the support for 64 bit. I mean It even says in the documents for 64 bit that you are going to get a bunch of errors lol. RED flag. I said myself "were is the support for this!" Is someone slacking? Waiting for some else to write an install script for it.
    I am speaking about synchronet...I Have no probrem getting anything to work. Then I tried synchronet..lol

---
  • From Access Denied@VERT/PHARCYDE to Lesser Keys on Tue Dec 14 23:51:57 2010
    By: Lesser Keys to Access Denied on Mon Dec 13 2010 01:32 pm

No worries. But your start for a debate would be quickly put to shame as Synchronet compiles on 64bit linux systems just fine. Follow the wiki, and make sure you have all the dependencies installed before you compile. Done deal.

axisd

---
  • From Access Denied@VERT/PHARCYDE to Lesser Keys on Tue Dec 14 23:54:37 2010
    By: Lesser Keys to Access Denied on Tue Dec 14 2010 10:22 am

Sorry I thought I had posted it on a sub locally. I was talking about using synchronet. With 64 bit ubuntu. It has gave me nothing but errors.

64bit Ubuntu would work just fine with Synchronet. Though you might run into problems setting up door games. I had Sync compiled on 64bit Gentoo working great even with door games. But it took me bugreporting upstream that DOSEMU didn't work on 64bit at the time. The Gentoo devs took it upon themselves to make it work for me, which was awesome. Not sure if it was pushed to other distros, though.

axisd

---
  • From Access Denied@VERT/PHARCYDE to Lesser Keys on Tue Dec 14 23:57:11 2010

LOL...so were's the support for 64 bit. I mean It even says in the documents for 64 bit that you are going to get a bunch of errors lol. RED flag. I said myself "were is the support for this!" Is someone slacking? Waiting for some else to write an install script for it.

The support for 64bit is nowhere near the support for 32bit, BUT every time I came across a bug or anything I thought was iffy, Digital Man was VERY quick to fix it. So I wouldn't blame Synchronet for faults of you either not reading the Wiki, or not following it right. Either way, if it was installed right (and yes, on any 64bit linux distro), there would be minimal, if not any.. problems.

axisd

---
  • From Lesser Keys@VERT/UNIXMACH to Access Denied on Wed Dec 15 22:36:00 2010
    By: Access Denied to Lesser Keys on Tue Dec 14 2010 06:51 pm

By: Lesser Keys to Access Denied on Mon Dec 13 2010 01:32 pm

Yes I was just blundering kinda ranting on about it. I know If I have a question I wanted answered I could go in there. I was just trying to get debate going. :)

No worries. But your start for a debate would be quickly put to shame as Synchronet compiles on 64bit linux systems just fine. Follow the wiki, and m sure you have all the dependencies installed before you compile. Done deal.

axisd

LOL well I happen to read in the docs that clearly stated something to nature of beware errors involved when installing.

---
  • From Lesser Keys@VERT/UNIXMACH to Access Denied on Wed Dec 15 22:41:00 2010
    By: Access Denied to Lesser Keys on Tue Dec 14 2010 06:54 pm

By: Lesser Keys to Access Denied on Tue Dec 14 2010 10:22 am

Sorry I thought I had posted it on a sub locally. I was talking about usi synchronet. With 64 bit ubuntu. It has gave me nothing but errors.

64bit Ubuntu would work just fine with Synchronet. Though you might run into problems setting up door games. I had Sync compiled on 64bit Gentoo working great even with door games. But it took me bugreporting upstream that DOSEMU didn't work on 64bit at the time. The Gentoo devs took it upon themselves to make it work for me, which was awesome. Not sure if it was pushed to other distros, though.

axisd

Yeah I'm having issues with that now in the virtual machine. First I literally got a bad batch of doors off this website, I forgot the address right of hand. Now last night I got some new ones and low and be hold the install files worked! Unlike the last time so I proceeded to follow the docs and set the door up. I use to run a board back in the day so I figured hey what the "hey" and went and tried my luck. Ugggh low and behold the game closed to fast for me to see what the issue was....I just wish it worked with no troubles and no errors, and def. no thumbing through document after document......WHY MEEEEEEEE
    lol

---
  • From Lesser Keys@VERT/UNIXMACH to Access Denied on Wed Dec 15 22:47:00 2010
    By: Access Denied to Lesser Keys on Tue Dec 14 2010 06:57 pm

LOL...so were's the support for 64 bit. I mean It even says in the docume for 64 bit that you are going to get a bunch of errors lol. RED flag. I s myself "were is the support for this!" Is someone slacking? Waiting for s else to write an install script for it.

The support for 64bit is nowhere near the support for 32bit, BUT every time came across a bug or anything I thought was iffy, Digital Man was VERY quick fix it. So I wouldn't blame Synchronet for faults of you either not reading Wiki, or not following it right. Either way, if it was installed right (and yes, on any 64bit linux distro), there would be minimal, if not any.. proble

axisd

I am just saying as long as the software has been out there should at least have make install files by now. :) Either way your pointing the finger at me for not following or reading the wiki, so would that make you just as bad. And I detect a hint of hostility. Stress levels can infact cause harm to your body. I suggest a nice clean mind and body. Every one gets angry though, so anger is a good constructive energy if used to do something constructive. :P
    Cheers!

---
  • From Access Denied@VERT/PHARCYDE to Lesser Keys on Fri Dec 17 02:20:45 2010
    By: Lesser Keys to Access Denied on Wed Dec 15 2010 05:36 pm

LOL well I happen to read in the docs that clearly stated something to natur of beware errors involved when installing.

And I'll agree with you that that is clearly stated in the docs. I am also telling you that I've ran it on 64bit linux distros, and others have as well, just fine. So here I'm going to have to vote 'operator error.' Sorry. :)

axisd

---
  • From Access Denied@VERT/PHARCYDE to Lesser Keys on Fri Dec 17 02:24:58 2010
    By: Lesser Keys to Access Denied on Wed Dec 15 2010 05:41 pm

Yeah I'm having issues with that now in the virtual machine. First I literal got a bad batch of doors off this website, I forgot the address right of han Now last night I got some new ones and low and be hold the install files worked! Unlike the last time so I proceeded to follow the docs and set the d up. I use to run a board back in the day so I figured hey what the "hey" and went and tried my luck. Ugggh low and behold the game closed to fast for me see what the issue was....I just wish it worked with no troubles and no erro and def. no thumbing through document after document......WHY MEEEEEEEE
    lol

Did you compile Synchronet with Dosemu support (USE_DOSEMU=1 on your make line)?

Did you make sure you could get a dos prompt just by typing 'dosemu' outside of Synchronet?

Are you using the directories (in the door game's configuration) that Synchronet sets? (believe it's D:\<game_dir>\)

axisd

---
  • From Access Denied@VERT/PHARCYDE to Lesser Keys on Fri Dec 17 02:33:11 2010
    By: Lesser Keys to Access Denied on Wed Dec 15 2010 05:47 pm

I am just saying as long as the software has been out there should at least have make install files by now. :) Either way your pointing the finger at me for not following or reading the wiki, so would that make you just as bad. A

What's so hard about:

wget'http://cvs.synchro.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/install/GNUmakefile'

(with a space between wget and the rest, only to keep it on one line)

and:

gmake install SYMLINK=1 JSLIB=mozjs USE_DOSEMU=1

?

I guess I'm not understanding your argument. I'm only pointing the finger because at this moment noone else is complaining about synchronet not working the way it should, except you. :)

I detect a hint of hostility. Stress levels can infact cause harm to your bo I suggest a nice clean mind and body. Every one gets angry though, so anger a good constructive energy if used to do something constructive. :P

No hostility at all, and if I was, I would have considered it being used to do something constructive. Like point you in the right direction of fixing whatever you did or didn't do to make Synchronet work right.

axisd

---
  • From Lesser Keys@VERT/UNIXMACH to Access Denied on Fri Dec 17 19:27:00 2010
    By: Access Denied to Lesser Keys on Thu Dec 16 2010 09:20 pm

By: Lesser Keys to Access Denied on Wed Dec 15 2010 05:36 pm

LOL well I happen to read in the docs that clearly stated something to na of beware errors involved when installing.

And I'll agree with you that that is clearly stated in the docs. I am also telling you that I've ran it on 64bit linux distros, and others have as well just fine. So here I'm going to have to vote 'operator error.' Sorry. :)

axisd

Say what you want bud. Weren't you the one that was telling me you worked with te developers of an operating system to get synchronet to work. :P

---
  • From Lesser Keys@VERT/UNIXMACH to Access Denied on Fri Dec 17 19:47:00 2010
    By: Access Denied to Lesser Keys on Thu Dec 16 2010 09:33 pm

I am just saying as long as the software has been out there should at lea have make install files by now. :) Either way your pointing the finger at for not following or reading the wiki, so would that make you just as bad

What's so hard about:

wget'http://cvs.synchro.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/install/GNUmakefi

(with a space between wget and the rest, only to keep it on one line)

and:

?

I guess I'm not understanding your argument. I'm only pointing the finger because at this moment noone else is complaining about synchronet not workin the way it should, except you. :)

I detect a hint of hostility. Stress levels can infact cause harm to your I suggest a nice clean mind and body. Every one gets angry though, so ang a good constructive energy if used to do something constructive. :P

No hostility at all, and if I was, I would have considered it being used to something constructive. Like point you in the right direction of fixing whatever you did or didn't do to make Synchronet work right.

axisd
    when i run gmake i get the error
    gmake
    No command 'gmake' found, did you mean

so guys make comes stock with gmake so i tried to apt get it to no luck i had to do this to get it to install sudo ln -s /user/bin/make /usr/bin/gmake
    I did exactly what you said and its telling me i dont have the I dont have mozjs it is no longer a package so if you guys no were to get that it would be nice. Also none of my lib files the docs told me to get were compatable ill post the error in the synchronet section. If it is gonna cause someone to say something about being in an inproper forum. I think ubuntu keeps there things up to date nice a snuff. And these files are incompatible with ubuntu or something. one of the is libcl.so and it says incompatible. So i still say WERE IS THE SUPPORT for synchronet. :)

---
  • From Dreamer@VERT/SETXBBS to Lesser Keys on Fri Dec 17 23:01:00 2010
    Lesser Keys wrote to Access Denied <=-

gmake

On ubuntu, simply using 'make' will work.

so guys make comes stock with gmake so i tried to apt get it to no luck
    i had to do this to get it to install sudo ln -s /user/bin/make /usr/bin/gmake I did exactly what you said and its telling me i dont
    have the I dont have mozjs it is no longer a package so if you guys no

You can find the mozilla library in /sbbs/lib/mozilla/js/linux.release.

were to get that it would be nice. Also none of my lib files the docs
    told me to get were compatable ill post the error in the synchronet section. If it is gonna cause someone to say something about being in
    an inproper forum. I think ubuntu keeps there things up to date nice a snuff. And these files are incompatible with ubuntu or something. one
    of the is libcl.so and it says incompatible. So i still say WERE IS THE SUPPORT for synchronet. :)

You can find the cryptlib library in /sbbs/lib/cryptlib/linux.release.

Support for Synchronet is right here in DOVEnet. :)

--- MultiMail/Win32 v0.49
    ■ Synchronet ■ Southeast Texas BBS -- setxbbs.synchro.net
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Lesser Keys on Fri Dec 17 21:41:00 2010
    By: Lesser Keys to Access Denied on Fri Dec 17 2010 02:47 pm

By: Access Denied to Lesser Keys on Thu Dec 16 2010 09:33 pm

I am just saying as long as the software has been out there should at lea have make install files by now. :) Either way your pointing the finger at for not following or reading the wiki, so would that make you just as bad

What's so hard about:

wget'http://cvs.synchro.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/install/GNUmak (with a space between wget and the rest, only to keep it on one line)

and:

?

I guess I'm not understanding your argument. I'm only pointing the
    finger because at this moment noone else is complaining about synchronet not workin the way it should, except you. :)

I detect a hint of hostility. Stress levels can infact cause harm to your I suggest a nice clean mind and body. Every one gets angry though, so ang a good constructive energy if used to do something constructive. :P

No hostility at all, and if I was, I would have considered it being used to something constructive. Like point you in the right direction of fixing whatever you did or didn't do to make Synchronet work right.

axisd
    gmake

so guys make comes stock with gmake so i tried to apt get it to no luck i had to do this to get it to install sudo ln -s /user/bin/make
    /usr/bin/gmake

This issue is documented here:
    http://wiki.synchro.net/install:nix:make

You don't actually have to make a symlink, you could just execute 'make' instead of 'gmake' if your 'make' is indeed GNU Make.

I did exactly what you said and its telling me i dont have the I dont have mozjs it is no longer a package so if you guys no were to get that it would be nice.

From http://wiki.synchro.net/install:nix#notes:

JavaScript Library

Most Linux distributions have the Mozilla SpiderMonkey (JavaScript-C) library (libjs.so or libmozjs.so) installed or available as an installable package. The JSLIB=mozjs in the above gmake command-lines makes this assumption. If you can get an error such as -lmozjs not found, try removing JSLIB=mozjs using JSLIB=js or removing it from the command-line altogether. If you need to install a libjs or libmozjs package, you want to install the -dev or -devel variant.

Also none of my lib files the docs told me to get were compatable
    ill post the error in the synchronet section. If it is gonna cause someone to say something about being in an inproper forum. I think ubuntu keeps there things up to date nice a snuff. And these files are incompatible with ubuntu or something. one of the is libcl.so and it says incompatible. So i still say WERE IS THE SUPPORT for synchronet. :)

In the Synchronet Support conference. See http://wiki.synchro.net/howto:support for more details.

digital man

Snapple "Real Fact" #18:
    A jellyfish is 95% water.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From Access Denied@VERT/PHARCYDE to Lesser Keys on Sat Dec 18 05:34:42 2010
    By: Lesser Keys to Access Denied on Fri Dec 17 2010 02:27 pm

Say what you want bud. Weren't you the one that was telling me you worked wi te developers of an operating system to get synchronet to work. :P

No. I told you I asked the Gentoo devs to help make DOSEMU work on 64bit so it would run door games. This had nothing to do with Synchronet, specifically.

axisd

---
  • From Access Denied@VERT/PHARCYDE to Lesser Keys on Sat Dec 18 05:51:54 2010

gmake

so guys make comes stock with gmake so i tried to apt get it to no luck i ha to do this to get it to install sudo ln -s /user/bin/make /usr/bin/gmake

I don't thin kyou need the symlink, as 'make' is the same thing as 'gmake' these days, as far as I know. Just using make, is fine.

I did exactly what you said and its telling me i dont have the I dont have mozjs it is no longer a package so if you guys no were to get that it would nice. Also none of my lib files the docs told me to get were compatable ill

Install firefox, that automatically installs the mozjs library. Find it, and symlink it where the Synchronet compiler looks for it.

post the error in the synchronet section. If it is gonna cause someone to sa something about being in an inproper forum. I think ubuntu keeps there thing up to date nice a snuff. And these files are incompatible with ubuntu or something. one of the is libcl.so and it says incompatible. So i still say W IS THE SUPPORT for synchronet. :)

I'm not sure if you're using the Sychronet documentation from synchro.net, but I've found it much easier to use wiki.synchro.net. It gives you the debian packages you need to install (which is very compatible with Ubuntu).

From the 'prerequisites' link:

GNU make -- gmake or make -- Debian package = make
    GNU C/C++ Compiler -- gcc and g++ -- Debian package = g++
    ncurses library and headers -- libncurses.so and ncurses.h or curses.h -- Debian package = libncurses5-dev

Then the rest of the Debian packages it says you need are 'cvs', libcap2-dev, libmozjs-dev, libnspr4-dev, and maybe just grabbing the libcl.so and cryptlib.h from the Synchronet CVS will do the trick for you.

I'll have to load up my Debian VM with a successful Synchronet compile on it if you're going to need detailed, step-by-step instructions from there on..

axisd

---
  • From lesser keys@VERT/UNIXMACH to Access Denied on Sat Dec 18 16:05:00 2010
    By: Access Denied to Lesser Keys on Sat Dec 18 2010 12:34 am

Was the dosemulator not running properly? I never had a problem getting anything to run but synchronet on my linux box.
    By: Lesser Keys to Access Denied on Fri Dec 17 2010 02:27 pm

Say what you want bud. Weren't you the one that was telling me you worked te developers of an operating system to get synchronet to work. :P

No. I told you I asked the Gentoo devs to help make DOSEMU work on 64bit so would run door games. This had nothing to do with Synchronet, specifically.

axisd

---
  • From lesser keys@VERT/UNIXMACH to Access Denied on Sat Dec 18 16:07:00 2010
    By: Access Denied to Lesser Keys on Sat Dec 18 2010 12:51 am

gmake

so guys make comes stock with gmake so i tried to apt get it to no luck i to do this to get it to install sudo ln -s /user/bin/make /usr/bin/gmake

I don't thin kyou need the symlink, as 'make' is the same thing as 'gmake' these days, as far as I know. Just using make, is fine.

I did exactly what you said and its telling me i dont have the I dont hav mozjs it is no longer a package so if you guys no were to get that it wou nice. Also none of my lib files the docs told me to get were compatable i

Install firefox, that automatically installs the mozjs library. Find it, and symlink it where the Synchronet compiler looks for it.

post the error in the synchronet section. If it is gonna cause someone to something about being in an inproper forum. I think ubuntu keeps there th up to date nice a snuff. And these files are incompatible with ubuntu or something. one of the is libcl.so and it says incompatible. So i still sa IS THE SUPPORT for synchronet. :)

I'm not sure if you're using the Sychronet documentation from synchro.net, b I've found it much easier to use wiki.synchro.net. It gives you the debian packages you need to install (which is very compatible with Ubuntu).

From the 'prerequisites' link:

GNU make -- gmake or make -- Debian package = make
    GNU C/C++ Compiler -- gcc and g++ -- Debian package = g++
    ncurses library and headers -- libncurses.so and ncurses.h or curses.h -- Debian package = libncurses5-dev

Then the rest of the Debian packages it says you need are 'cvs', libcap2-dev libmozjs-dev, libnspr4-dev, and maybe just grabbing the libcl.so and cryptli from the Synchronet CVS will do the trick for you.

I'll have to load up my Debian VM with a successful Synchronet compile on it you're going to need detailed, step-by-step instructions from there on..

axisd

HAHA that would be really nice. I got the librarys like i said before. And
    it's saying not compatable lol. So It has to be something with those
    librarys. And I cant find the mozzilla one no were for the java script. I
    would be glad to take those instructions from you. Or a pre compiled verson.
    I am gonna try getting them like you said first though just to see. Ill let
    you know what it does.

---
  • From Access Denied@VERT/PHARCYDE to lesser keys on Sun Dec 19 13:23:23 2010
    By: lesser keys to Access Denied on Sat Dec 18 2010 11:05 am

Was the dosemulator not running properly? I never had a problem getting anything to run but synchronet on my linux box.

Yes. At one point there was no 64bit version of Dosemu. Now it might be available in every distro, and probably is. I was just stating that was the only issue I had with a 64bit install. No issues with Synchronet, of course.

I'm just about guaranteeing you that you didn't install the prerequisites. You've already said libcl.so isn't being found by Synchronet.. That right there will probably error out your compile. You get libcl.so installed properly, and you shouldn't have a problem compiling, unless there another library that didn't install, or wasn't installed. Follow this link, and 'sudo apt-get install' the following debian packages:

http://wiki.synchro.net/install:nix:prerequisites

The one thing that shows N/A for a debian package is cryptlib. For that.. follow the link to the CVS and hit the linux.x64.release directory. Grab that libcl.so and put it in the directory where Synchronet is looking for it. I believe that would be /sbbs/lib/cryptlib/linux.x64.release (since that's where you're grabbing it from on CVS, so I would only assume).

You can probably wait on zip, unzip, and sexyz until you have a successful compile. Try compiling after all of the above are successfully installed. If you have any errors, either post the error here, or dpaste your error and give us a link.

I'm trying to help, as you can see. I just get a little annoyed when people come in here blaming Synchronet for something that is probably not Synchronet's fault. If you are willing to try and fix this, rather than complaining about "WHERE'S THE SUPPORT" etc, etc. I'm sure people here will be more than willing to help. :)

axisd

---
  • From Access Denied@VERT/PHARCYDE to lesser keys on Sun Dec 19 13:29:27 2010
    By: lesser keys to Access Denied on Sat Dec 18 2010 11:07 am

HAHA that would be really nice. I got the librarys like i said before. And it's saying not compatable lol. So It has to be something with those librarys. And I cant find the mozzilla one no were for the java script. I would be glad to take those instructions from you. Or a pre compiled verson. I am gonna try getting them like you said first though just to see. Ill let you know what it does.

As far as I know, debian has a package for every one of those libraries listed, except libcl.so, which you can grab from the Synchronet CVS. Also, like it's stated on the wiki, grab the -dev packages, not the regular ones.

sudo apt-get install cvs
    libcap2-dev
    libmozjs-dev
    libnspr4-dev

Honestly I don't even remember grabbing libcl.so from CVS. If you take a look in your /sbbs/lib/cryptlib/linux.x64.release directory, I would assume there would already be one in there. But I could be wrong.

axisd

---
  • From John Guillory@VERT/MAINLINE to Lesser Keys on Mon Dec 20 22:19:04 2010

What's so hard about: wget'http://cvs.synchro.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/install/GNUmak (with a space between wget and the rest, only to keep it on one line)
    To be honest, if you look at PureBasic for Linux, and hotbasic, they both
    have a really cool install program that when you run them, it copies every
    thing into the appropriate directories and installs it... So what's so
    complicated about making a pre-built synchronet for linux that has an
    install package that checks for all the pre-requesites and installs
    whatever needs to be installed, then copies Synchronet to its directory
    and sets it up for you and ready to the point that all you have to do
    is enter your name and password, then run scfg and configure the BBS?

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Roach Guts - roachguts.com