• It's a sin

From mmunson@VERT/INLANDUT to All on Sun Oct 18 23:09:00 2009
    I think I am going to give up on the catholic church, rip up effigies of the pope and just say communion will be the last sacrament i will ever do. The stupid church lacks in its priorities.
    They spend money to bash the gays, but they end up crying that they have no money to fund their churches or their schools. Would the world be better if they just fed the hungry and kept to themselves?

Matt Munson - Inland Utopia BBS is ready - telnet://inlandutopia.etowns.org

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Inland Utopia - inlandutopia.etowns.org
  • From Corey@VERT/TSGC to mmunson on Sun Oct 18 23:24:09 2009
    Re: It's a sin
    By: mmunson to All on Sun Oct 18 2009 07:09 pm

you are a member of the wrong catholic church then.
    find another one.

Caput meum major podice meo.
    This message has ended, go in peace...

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Three Stooges Gentlemens Club - Las Vegas, Nv - tsgc.dyndns.org
  • From Smole@VERT to mmunson on Mon Oct 19 00:31:28 2009

I think I am going to give up on the catholic church, rip up effigies of the pope and just say communion will be the last sacrament i will ever do. The stupid church lacks in its priorities.
    They spend money to bash the gays, but they end up crying that they have no money to fund their churches or their schools. Would the world be better if they just fed the hungry and kept to themselves?

The Catholic church is the largest cult on the planet. Get FAR away from them!

www.ralphsmole.com
    www.freewebs.com/ralphsmole
    bullishmcgee@gmail.com

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From nightcrawler@VERT/DARKSANC to mmunson on Mon Oct 19 03:46:36 2009

................................................Would the world be better if they just fed the hungry and kept to themselves?

Would it be better, you bet. Will it ever happen? Nope.

Nightcrawler +o Dark Sanctuary
    darksanctuary.servebbs.com

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Dark Sanctuary darksanctuary.servebbs.com
  • From mmunson@VERT/INLANDUT to Corey on Sun Oct 18 23:55:15 2009
    By: Corey to mmunson on Sun Oct 18 2009 07:24 pm

you are a member of the wrong catholic church then.
    find another one.
    Yeah I know there are independent ones like the one Wynn Wagner runs.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Inland Utopia - inlandutopia.etowns.org
  • From Roalt@VERT/PHARCYDE to mmunson on Mon Oct 19 08:04:41 2009

I think I am going to give up on the catholic church, rip up effigies of
    the pope and just say communion will be the last sacrament i will ever do. The stupid church lacks in its priorities.

I have my qualms <sp?> with the Catholics, personally... But hate is hate, and the Bible teaches love. Bashing sinners of any type is wrong... We're all guilty. Plain and simple. I'll point my finger at myself before I point it at someone who's gay or anything else. Sin is sin. Period. God doesn't hate sinners, He hates sin. And who the hell are we to judge anyway? We're mere humans.

My two cents. Take it or leave it.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ thePharcyde_ >> telnet://bbs.pharcyde.org (Wisconsin)
  • From Corey@VERT/TSGC to mmunson on Mon Oct 19 12:36:24 2009
    By: mmunson to Corey on Sun Oct 18 2009 07:55 pm

or join another mainline. the romans are not the only ones.
    you can go orthodox, lots of orthodox, some lutherans are a type of catholic, as are some anglicans and episcopailians too. it's a whole big catholic world.

---
  • From Corey@VERT/TSGC to Roalt on Mon Oct 19 12:39:57 2009
    By: Roalt to mmunson on Mon Oct 19 2009 04:04 am

geez, the bible has always been weird.
    first part is all hellfire and brimstone,
    I am GOD, do what I say or you are dead...

second part is all, I am GOD and I love you all, my children, no matter what.

so you dont know if he wants to hug you, or put his foot up your butt...

---
  • From nightcrawler@VERT/DARKSANC to Corey on Tue Oct 20 03:27:22 2009
    By: Corey to Roalt on Mon Oct 19 2009 08:39 am

geez, the bible has always been weird.
    first part is all hellfire and brimstone,

Actually, there is no mention of Hell in the Old Tesament; only when we get to Jesus, meek and mild, do we hear about hell.

second part is all, I am GOD and I love you all, my children, no matter what

Odd part is, Jesus IS the God of the Old Tesament (if you believe the whole trinity thing). So when God is speaking, just insert Jesus into it. "...And Jesus commanded them to kill all the women and children, but keep the virgins for themselves". I am paraphrasing there. :)

---
  • From nightcrawler@VERT/DARKSANC to Roalt on Tue Oct 20 03:34:56 2009
    By: Roalt to mmunson on Mon Oct 19 2009 04:04 am

I have my qualms <sp?> with the Catholics, personally... But hate is hate, a the Bible teaches love.

The Bible teaches love sometimes, if you cherry pick the parts you like; but mostly it just teaches who to kill and why, e.g suffer not a witch to live, stone to death disobedient children, etc.

The same can be said of the Koran, that it teaches love; again, only when you cherry pick the good stuff. Mostly it just teaches a lot of BS no one in the twenty-first century should be believing in.

---
  • From Roalt@VERT/PHARCYDE to Corey on Tue Oct 20 08:18:50 2009

Learn about the Bible, find out what side of the fence you sit on. You'll have a good idea then. Good or bad, I feel anything in my life is "God filtered"... Good stuff is a blessing, and bad stuff is a blessing. Maybe somthing's to be learned from my bad days? Maybe the experience has been laid out for me to be able to assist someone else in coping?

Don't get me wrong, everyone has their beliefs (and DIS-beliefs).. I'm not trying to press anything on anyone, this is all just what it means to ME. Trust me, I'm in absolutely in NO position to point any fingers at anyone else, though.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ thePharcyde_ >> telnet://bbs.pharcyde.org (Wisconsin)
  • From Smole@VERT to Roalt on Tue Oct 20 21:50:28 2009

Learn about the Bible, find out what side of the fence you sit on. You'll have a good idea then. Good or bad, I feel anything in my life is "God filtered"... Good stuff is a blessing, and bad stuff is a blessing. Maybe somthing's to be learned from my bad days? Maybe the experience has been laid out for me to be able to assist someone else in coping?

Don't get me wrong, everyone has their beliefs (and DIS-beliefs).. I'm not trying to press anything on anyone, this is all just what it means to ME. Trust me, I'm in absolutely in NO position to point any fingers at anyone else, though.
    Couldn't have said it better myself :-)
    www.ralphsmole.com
    bullishmcgee@gmail.com

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From Spiffwiggler@VERT/NEXXUS1 to Smole on Tue Nov 10 17:05:32 2009
    By: Smole to mmunson on Sun Oct 18 2009 20:31:28

I think I am going to give up on the catholic church, rip up effigies of pope and just say communion will be the last sacrament i will ever do. Th stupid church lacks in its priorities.
    They spend money to bash the gays, but they end up crying that they have money to fund their churches or their schools. Would the world be better they just fed the hungry and kept to themselves?

Matt Munson - Inland Utopia BBS is ready - telnet://inlandutopia.etowns.o

The Catholic church is the largest cult on the planet. Get FAR away from the

www.ralphsmole.com
    bullishmcgee@gmail.com

This is true Ralph. The important thing to remember is that by Definition, all Religious sects are cults. People need to remember that Religion is manmade. God desires a relationship with us, and in order for this to take place, it requires only US and HIM. The scripture does say, however, in Hebrews 10:25 that we are to gather together, "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."

-Rev. Michael E. Washburn

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ SpiffWiggler BBS *telnet://nexxus1.synchro.net* Taunton, MA
  • From Curt@VERT/INLANDUT to Spiffwiggler on Tue Nov 17 01:40:00 2009
    Spiffwiggler heard from Curt about It's a sin on 11-16-09

that we are to gather together, "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves S>together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the
    more, as ye see the day approaching."

I have a question Michael: Ephesians and 1 Peter seem to say that the church was predestined before the world was formed:

Eph 1:4-5

For he chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world that we may be holy and unblemished in His sight in love. He did this by predestining us to adoption as his sons....

and speaking of Christ:

1 PET 1:20
    He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was manifested in these
    sake.

If Christ and His church were predestined before the world was formed then obviously the Father knew there would be the need for redemption - before any human ever had the chance to commit a single sin.

Don't you find that an interesting concept?

-Curt
    --- * QWKBack 2.0 * 32bit Windows
    ---
    ...Screw this, I'm converting! Save us O mighty RA!!!
    ■ Synchronet ■ Inland Utopia - mail reader system -
  • From Spiffwiggler@VERT/NEXXUS1 to Curt on Wed Dec 2 12:00:21 2009
    Spiffwiggler heard from Curt about It's a sin on 11-16-09

that we are to gather together, "Not forsaking the assembling of
    ourselves S>together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the
    more, as ye see the day approaching."

I have a question Michael: Ephesians and 1 Peter seem to say that the
    church was predestined before the world was formed:

Eph 1:4-5

For he chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world that we may
    be holy and unblemished in His sight in love. He did this by predestining us to adoption as his sons....

and speaking of Christ:

1 PET 1:20
    He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was manifested in these sake.

If Christ and His church were predestined before the world was formed then obviously the Father knew there would be the need for redemption - before any human ever had the chance to commit a single sin.

-Curt
    ---
    ...Screw this, I'm converting! Save us O mighty RA!!!
    ■ Synchronet ■ Inland Utopia - mail reader system -
    Curt,

Sorry it took me so long to reply here, but things have been hectic here at my house, and last Sunday someone stole my second car ( a little honda accord
    that I use mostly) right out of my parking lot at my apartment. Oh well. As to the Predestination of the church before the world began and the Father knowing that there would be a need for redemption before a single sin could have been committed, yes, I do find it an interesting concept.

As human beings, we tend to think in Linear Fashion, and this often causes us
    a great deal of trouble when conceptualizing things of spiritual nature. One thing that I find important to remember is that in Eternity Past, Satan, then called Lucifer, and all of the other created beings, the Angels had free will, and the ability to commit sins. This is where the struggle for the Throne came in when Satan said I will be like the most high etc. So although the world had not yet been framed, sin had at this time already been committed. God created the angels initially to choose to love and serve Him, but he didn't want
    little minions, or slaves who would cater to His every whim. Which is why He gave them, and then us, as the new creation free will to choose to love Him.
    So as to predestination, I do believe that it was predestined that we were chosen to be able to Love him, and I do believe that He knows those of us that will choose him, but due to evil in the world by Original Sin, some will not get that opportunity, becuase of Lives getting cut short etc. I do believe
    that Redemption is available to ALL, but not all will take it, and God knows that, I believe that it saddens Him greatly to know that some will still
    choose evil, even in the last times when Christ will be physically present on the Earth again, which is why He is delaying the return. But Predestination ends, IMHO with God makeing the sacrifice available to all humankind at the time of Christ, from there on out, it is up to us to witness, and him to stir up the seeds and water them through us etc. Hope this answers your questions,
    I would be happy to have you check out my BBS, I also run an FTN network (SpiffNet) although traffic is a little on the slow side, I hope that I will
    be able to start getting people to post through thought provoking questions like yours.

God Bless,

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ SpiffWiggler BBS *telnet://nexxus1.synchro.net* Taunton, MA
  • From Curt@VERT/UBBS2006 to Spiffwiggler on Wed Dec 9 18:09:00 2009
    Curt heard from Spiffwiggler about Re: It's a sin on 12-02-09

As human beings, we tend to think in Linear Fashion, and this often causes us S>a great deal of trouble when conceptualizing things of spiritual nature.

Interesting then that the writer of the scripture uses linear terms in describing the foreknowledge of the church and Savior.

One
    thing that I find important to remember is that in Eternity Past, Satan, then S>called Lucifer, and all of the other created beings, the Angels had free will,
    and the ability to commit sins.

But I'm not talking about them. Let's say you wanted to raise a family and you knew beforehand that some of those children would have to deal with infinite damnation. How many would have? Billions?

What kind of omlette do you think God is trying to cook seeing that He's obviously willing to break so many eggs? If I knew beforehand that some of my children would wind up in eternal damnation then I probably would not bother having any children or I'd find a better way.

-Curt
    ---
    ...Warning: Do not reuse tagline. Discard safely after use
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Ultimate BBS! 2006 - UBBS2006.SYNCHRO.NET