• Various Things

From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Daryl Stout on Tue Sep 12 21:00:10 2017
    Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Everyone has the FREE WILL and
    CHOICE to accept or reject God's Free Love Gift. It's only the Righteousness of Christ that allows me to approach The Throne Of God,
    and to enter Heaven when I die. Isaiah 64:6 notes that "all our righteousness is as filthy rags"...literally, bloody menstrual cloths before God. If you fail to do the one thing God requires (believing on
    The One He has sent (John 6:29), you won't be in Heaven.

What about those who are Hindu or other faiths that might not follow Jesus?

Nightfox

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Nightfox on Tue Sep 12 23:30:07 2017
    Re: Various Things
    By: Nightfox to Daryl Stout on Tue Sep 12 2017 05:00 pm

Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Everyone has the FREE WILL and CHOICE to accept or reject God's Free Love Gift. It's only the Righteousness of Christ that allows me to approach The Throne Of God, and to enter Heaven when I die. Isaiah 64:6 notes that "all our righteousness is as filthy rags"...literally, bloody menstrual cloths before God. If you fail to do the one thing God requires (believing on The One He has sent (John 6:29), you won't be in Heaven.

they burn in hell!
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From jagossel@VERT/KK4QBN to Nightfox on Wed Sep 13 10:08:45 2017
    By: Nightfox to Daryl Stout on Tue Sep 12 2017 17:00:10

Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Everyone has the FREE WILL and CHOICE to accept or reject God's Free Love Gift. It's only the Righteousness of Christ that allows me to approach The Throne Of God, and to enter Heaven when I die. Isaiah 64:6 notes that "all our righteousness is as filthy rags"...literally, bloody menstrual cloths before God. If you fail to do the one thing God requires (believing on The One He has sent (John 6:29), you won't be in Heaven.

Where did the origional quote come from? Was this from the DOVE-Net/General conferenece where Daryl was being hateful and damning Mro to "hell" with a long 4-message reply of basically preaching to us?

I've siad it before, and I'll keep saying it: what kind of religion teaches that you only have one chance to "go to heaven", and if you mess up or don't convert, oh well, you're going to "hell" for it.

Seriously... that gets on my nerves sometimes because it is such a hateful thing to say.

-jag
    Code it, script it, automate it!

---
    * Synchronet * KK4QBN - kk4qbn.synchro.net - 7064229538 - Chatsworth GA USA
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to jagossel on Wed Sep 13 13:50:34 2017
    By: jagossel to Nightfox on Wed Sep 13 2017 06:08 am

Where did the origional quote come from? Was this from the DOVE-Net/General conferenece where Daryl was being hateful and damning Mro to "hell" with a long 4-message reply of basically preaching to us?

Yes. I moved my reply to the religion area because I thought it was more appropriate here.

I've siad it before, and I'll keep saying it: what kind of religion teaches that you only have one chance to "go to heaven", and if you mess up or don't convert, oh well, you're going to "hell" for it.

Seriously... that gets on my nerves sometimes because it is such a hateful thing to say.

Yeah, I'm a little skeptical of that part myself..

Nightfox

---
  • From Jagossel@VERT/MTLGEEK to Nightfox on Wed Sep 13 20:25:32 2017
    By: Nightfox to jagossel on Wed Sep 13 2017 09:50:34

Where did the origional quote come from? Was this from the DOVE-Net/General conferenece where Daryl was being hateful and damning
    Mro
    to "hell" with a long 4-message reply of basically preaching to us?

Yes. I moved my reply to the religion area because I thought it was more appropriate here.

Ah, ok. I thought that was the case. :) I appreciate it being here instead on DOVE-Net/General.

I've siad it before, and I'll keep saying it: what kind of religion teaches that you only have one chance to "go to heaven", and if you mes
    s
    up or don't convert, oh well, you're going to "hell" for it.

Seriously... that gets on my nerves sometimes because it is such a hate
    ful
    thing to say.

On which part? The fact it burns me to no end that messages like this are preached by anyone who claims to be a Chirstian, or just the fact that they preach such messages?

-jag
    Code it, Script it, Automate it!

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ MtlGeek - Geeks in Montreal - http://mtlgeek.com/ -
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to jagossel on Wed Sep 13 20:30:44 2017

i dont think god is really like that. these people who believe those things are just misguided fools. if you look into these people closely they are the most sinful.
    ---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Jagossel on Wed Sep 13 19:27:37 2017
    By: Jagossel to Nightfox on Wed Sep 13 2017 04:25 pm

and if you mess
    up or don't convert, oh well, you're going to "hell" for it.

Seriously... that gets on my nerves sometimes because it is such a
    hateful thing to say.

On which part? The fact it burns me to no end that messages like this are preached by anyone who claims to be a Chirstian, or just the fact that they preach such messages?

The fact that they preach such messages. It comes across as a lack of tolerance, that they believe the Christian way is the only right way. There are many religions in the world, and I'm not sure if anyone really knows which (if any) is the most correct. You could be the nicest, most giving person in the world, but some might still say you'd go to hell if you don't believe or follow the same way they do. And I thought Christanity teaches to love thy neighbor and to not judge?

Nightfox

---
  • From jagossel@VERT/KK4QBN to Mro on Thu Sep 14 10:15:55 2017
    By: Mro to jagossel on Wed Sep 13 2017 16:30:44

i dont think god is really like that. these people who believe those things are just misguided fools. if you look into these people closely they are th
    e
    most sinful.

I completely agree. At Taco Bell on night, me and my whole family were sitting in the drive-thru, and there was this SUV with a local megachurch sticker on the window. This particular Taco Bell we went to has been moving more and more slowly. I kid you not, the SUV with the megachurch sticker, just pulled out and left. I'm not sure if they left or just went inside to get their order.

Case in point, if they just waited one more minute, they would have gotten their order. Seriously, my kids in the car (3 and under) were more patient.

-jag

---
  • From jagossel@VERT/KK4QBN to Nightfox on Thu Sep 14 10:39:46 2017
    By: Nightfox to Jagossel on Wed Sep 13 2017 15:27:37

On which part? The fact it burns me to no end that messages like this a
    re
    preached by anyone who claims to be a Chirstian, or just the fact that they preach such messages?

The fact that they preach such messages. It comes across as a lack of tolerance, that they believe the Christian way is the only right way. There are many religions in the world, and I'm not sure if anyone really knows whi
    ch
    (if any) is the most correct. You could be the nicest, most giving person i
    n
    the world, but some might still say you'd go to hell if you don't believe or follow the same way they do. And I thought Christanity teaches to love thy neighbor and to not judge?

You're right that Christianity is supposed to be about love and tolerance; and that's what the Mosiach teaches us and set an example of.

I used to be a Southern Baptist preaching the same kind of messages, and sadly, it's what being taught in a few churches. As I got older and more grown-up (if you will), I left the Southern Baptist church because of a couple reasons: a bad break up and I questioned their doctorine.

I'm still a Christian, just a far different one: a Torah-observing Christian. I still believe in Jesus the Christ, but I observe the Sabbath from Friday evening to Saturday evening, the dietary and sanitation laws, and some of the same Jewish holidays while not observing holidays like Halloween and Xmas.

I try not to push my religion on others; however, if you ask me, I will gladly tell you. After I left the Southern Baptist church, and attending the church I'm in now, I realized that these same kind of messages that I used to preach was wrong and hateful and that's not love at all.

Personally, I'll leave it up to Hashem and the Mosiach to judge me and not let people's relgious judgements get to me because other people are human beings like me, and who exactly are they to judge me in that manner.

-jag

---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to jagossel on Fri Sep 15 23:35:39 2017

that was a mini book. it was like 4 messages of 4 pages(not counting his other spewings) and i'm the bad guy for telling him that he has peerblock configured wrong.
    ---
  • From Bryan Handfield@VERT/TIME/BATTLEST to Nightfox on Fri Sep 22 02:52:00 2017
    -=[ On 09-13-17 15:27, Nightfox wrote to Jagossel below: ]=-
    -=[ Re: Various Things ]=-

Hi Nightfox!

The fact that they preach such messages. It comes across as a lack of tolerance, that they believe the Christian way is the only right way. There are many religions in the world, and I'm not sure if anyone
    really knows which (if any) is the most correct. You could be the
    nicest, most giving person in the world, but some might still say you'd
    go to hell if you don't believe or follow the same way they do. And I thought Christanity teaches to love thy neighbor and to not judge?
    Your thinking is correct. Judge not lest ye be judged has been taken out of context. I think it refers to people judging peoples hearts and not their actions.

Just my $0.02 worth :)

Cheers,
    Bryan
    bhandfield(at)me(dot)com

... Apology is only egotism wrong side out.
    --- MultiMail/Darwin v0.49
    ■ Synchronet ■ Battlestar BBS - battlestarbbs.dyndns.org