• UGLY Cities

From Jeff Snyder@VERT/ANGERCEN to All on Mon Nov 24 03:11:00 2008
    In my view, cities are the festering sores of humanity.

I am truly amazed by how some people will stand on their apartment balcony,
    and comment on how beautiful the city is. They even write songs about their favorite cities. There are literally piles of them. They sing to them like
    they are women . . . "I left my heart in San Francisco" . . . "New York, New York" . . . "Galveston, oh Galveston" . . . and blah, blah, blah.

Excuse me . . . but I feel your sense of judgment is a bit perverted. Cities are a totally manmade environment with nothing natural in them except for a
    few trees and grass here and there, and the parks they throw in to keep you from going insane altogether . . . and some people go crazy anyway!

I think that is why rooftop gardens are so popular in the cities. They are trying to get back in touch with God in spite of the artificial environment
    in which they live.

Have you ever noticed how in a lot of movies the city is shown from afar,
    such as in a sweeping panoramic view taken from a helicopter, or else only
    at night? They want you to see the "lady" decked out in her finest jewelry (city lights and neon signs). They rarely take you down to the street level
    to see all of the garbage, the stench, the poverty, the violence . . . and
    when they do, it is usually a sanitized version of the truth.

Well, if you want to see real natural beauty, beauty as God intended for it
    to be, just go visit a national park, or look up at the starry sky some
    night, or go diving or snorkeling. Now there is real beauty; not some ugly
    city skyline full of smog and stench rising up from below which even blocks
    out the stars. Consider also these Biblical truths:

". . . The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork."
    Psalms 19:1b, KJV

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power
    and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"
    Romans 1:20, KJV

It might interest you to know that it was after Cain had slain his brother
    Abel and fled from the presence of his parents and the Lord, that he built a city. Cities are a great place to hide from God and from other people, especially big cities with millions of people. It is hard to keep track of everyone there:

"And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of
    Nod, on the east of Eden. And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and
    bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after
    the name of his son, Enoch."
    Genesis 4:16-17, KJV

So what do you think? Which do you prefer . . . God's natural creation, or man's artificial creation?

Please leave a comment on the Armageddon BBS.

Thanks!

Jeff Snyder SysOp/Armageddon BBS endtimeprophecy.org:23 Macintosh BBS Center!

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Anger Central - evilned.dynalias.com
  • From The Shrink@VERT/CCBBS to Jeff Snyder on Tue Nov 25 03:15:00 2008
    Re: UGLY Cities
    By: Jeff Snyder to All on Sun Nov 23 2008 10:11 pm

In my view, cities are the festering sores of humanity.

I am truly amazed by how some people will stand on their apartment balcony, and comment on how beautiful the city is. They even write songs about their favorite cities. There are literally piles of them. They sing to them like they are women . . . "I left my heart in San Francisco" . . . "New York, New York" . . . "Galveston, oh Galveston" . . . and blah, blah, blah.

Excuse me . . . but I feel your sense of judgment is a bit perverted. Cities are a totally manmade environment with nothing natural in them except for a few trees and grass here and there, and the parks they throw in to keep you from going insane altogether . . . and some people go crazy anyway!

I think that is why rooftop gardens are so popular in the cities. They are trying to get back in touch with God in spite of the artificial environment in which they live.

Have you ever noticed how in a lot of movies the city is shown from afar, such as in a sweeping panoramic view taken from a helicopter, or else only at night? They want you to see the "lady" decked out in her finest jewelry (city lights and neon signs). They rarely take you down to the street level to see all of the garbage, the stench, the poverty, the violence . . . and when they do, it is usually a sanitized version of the truth.

Well, if you want to see real natural beauty, beauty as God intended for it to be, just go visit a national park, or look up at the starry sky some night, or go diving or snorkeling. Now there is real beauty; not some ugly city skyline full of smog and stench rising up from below which even blocks out the stars. Consider also these Biblical truths:

". . . The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork."
    Psalms 19:1b, KJV

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"
    Romans 1:20, KJV

It might interest you to know that it was after Cain had slain his brother Abel and fled from the presence of his parents and the Lord, that he built a city. Cities are a great place to hide from God and from other people, especially big cities with millions of people. It is hard to keep track of everyone there:

"And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch."
    Genesis 4:16-17, KJV

So what do you think? Which do you prefer . . . God's natural creation, or man's artificial creation?

Thanks!

Jeff Snyder SysOp/Armageddon BBS endtimeprophecy.org:23 Macintosh BBS Center

You realize that whether man made or not, cities do have a purpose >and< a beauty about them. Just because humans made it does not mean it's not good. All the bible thumping in the world won't make that true. I suggest you get over it and move on with your life as cities aren't going anywhere. Don't
    like them? Don't live in one. But don't tell other people what to do with >their< lives.

The Shrink
    Owner/Operator Crazy Castle Systems/NDOS
    BBS: Telnet://bbs.ndos.net:23
    MultiChat: Telnet://www.ndos.net:2323
    WebHosting: http://www.ndos.net

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Crazy Castle Systems BBS - telnet://bbs.ndos.net:23
  • From Angus McLeod@VERT/ANJO to Jeff Snyder on Wed Dec 3 06:30:00 2008
    By: Jeff Snyder to All on Sun Nov 23 2008 22:11:00

Excuse me . . . but I feel your sense of judgment is a bit perverted. Cities are a totally manmade environment with nothing natural in them except for a few trees and grass here and there, and the parks they throw in to keep you from going insane altogether . . . and some people go crazy anyway!

What a quaint notion! Only nature can create beauty!

I think that is why rooftop gardens are so popular in the cities. They are trying to get back in touch with God....

Right! And lots of people keep rooftop pidgeon-lofts because God prefers
    the smell of birdshit to that of incense.

Well, if you want to see real natural beauty, beauty as God intended for it to be, just go visit a national park, or look up at the starry sky some night, or go diving or snorkeling. Now there is real beauty; not some ugly city skyline full of smog and stench rising up from below which even blocks out the stars.

There's that quaint notion again.

Consider also these Biblical truths:

Uh, "Biblical truths" = oxy-moron.

In which category do you place Jessica Simpson's tits?

Yeh, like THAT miracle's gonna happen...

---
    Playing: "Too long" by "Daft Punk" from the "Discovery" album.
    Collection: 8,706 tracks from 602 albums by 916 artists.
    ■ Synchronet ■ Oh God! It's HIM again..... The guy from The ANJO BBS!
  • From Sniper@VERT/KIA to Angus McLeod on Fri Dec 5 22:14:00 2008
    Angus McLeod wrote to Jeff Snyder <=-

Thanks... I needed a really good hard laugh... :)

... Got my tie caught in the fax... Suddenly I was in L.A.
    --- MultiMail/Linux v0.47
    ■ Synchronet ■ Killed In Action BBS - kiabbs.org
  • From Ghandi@VERT to Angus McLeod on Fri Jan 16 16:53:00 2009
    By: Jeff Snyder to All on Sun Nov 23 2008 22:11:00

Excuse me . . . but I feel your sense of judgment is a bit perverted. Cities are a totally manmade environment with nothing natural in them except for a few trees and grass here and there, and the parks they
    throw in to keep you from going insane altogether . . . and some people go crazy anyway!

What a quaint notion! Only nature can create beauty!

I think that is why rooftop gardens are so popular in the cities. They are trying to get back in touch with God....

Right! And lots of people keep rooftop pidgeon-lofts because God prefers the smell of birdshit to that of incense.

Well, if you want to see real natural beauty, beauty as God intended for it to be, just go visit a national park, or look up at the starry sky some night, or go diving or snorkeling. Now there is real beauty; not some ugly city skyline full of smog and stench rising up from below
    which even blocks out the stars.

There's that quaint notion again.

---
    Playing: "Too long" by "Daft Punk" from the "Discovery" album.
    Collection: 8,706 tracks from 602 albums by 916 artists.
    ■ Synchronet ■ Oh God! It's HIM again..... The guy from The ANJO BBS!
    Yes but I do not agree on smell like bird (how you say) shit. It very Indian cultural and religious item in India Home. My Home too.
    es we do burn incense each day. in the morning and also at evening.as we are inidian, it is generally like regular things at indian homes. we use different types. they give nice scent and not bird shit too.

Ghandi

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From Ralph@VERT to Ghandi on Fri Jan 16 17:45:00 2009
    Re: Re: UGLY Cities
    By: Ghandi to Angus McLeod on Fri Jan 16 2009 11:53 am

A thing of beauty?

www.ralphsmole.com
    www.freewebs.com/ralphsmole

---
  • From Ghandi@VERT to Ralph on Fri Jan 16 20:15:00 2009
    Re: Re: UGLY Cities
    By: Ghandi to Angus McLeod on Fri Jan 16 2009 11:53 am

A thing of beauty?

www.ralphsmole.com
    www.freewebs.com/ralphsmole

Well to my friend. I say this. I like those.
    Could be I can say a story of when I was young man
    I loved eat chicken. I did love chicken so very much that
    often I wake up with a breast in my mouth and leg into each hand.

Yes, a thing or two of buauty.

Ghandi

---