• Dank Domain

From esc@21:1/112 to All on Mon Dec 24 08:13:26 2018
    Has anyone successfully run Dank Domain?

I suspect many of you have no idea what I'm talking about, but if I said
    "Hack and Slash" or "RPGBBS" you may know. Basically, Hack and Slash (H&S
    from now on) was my all time favorite amiga door game. It was a lord-ish dungeon crawler...lots of fun. Super hard. :)

Anyway, the author ported it to nodejs. He has it hosted here: https://github.com/theflyingape/dankdomain
    He also hosts a game you can play here:
    telnet://hurst-ri.us

I wanted to gate my bbs to it but he has some aggressive IPS/IDS which makes
    it tough to have multiple sessions per day originate from the same IP. So, I decided to try to build the thing myself. Note that it's super undocumented,
    I basically followed along with the install script. I think he's basically building strictly for fedora, but it was easy enough to get it to build in debian as long as I used sid (and had modern npm).

So, anyway, got the thing to build, got the daemon to run and accept incoming connections. However, now I'm getting a sqlite error when I try to connect. Anyone mess with this at all? This game is slick. I think a lot of people
    would really like it. Anyone wanna take a crack at this?

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A39 2018/04/21 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Black Flag <ACiD Telnet HQ> blackflagbbs.com (21:1/112)
  • From NuSkooler@21:1/121 to esc on Mon Dec 24 15:53:20 2018

On Monday, December 24th esc muttered...
    So, anyway, got the thing to build, got the daemon to run and accept incoming connections. However, now I'm getting a sqlite error when I try to connect. Anyone mess with this at all? This game is slick. I think a lot of people would really like it. Anyone wanna take a crack at this?

I haven't tried to set it up myself, but I agree it's a cool game. I think the author is fairly responsive. I had contacted him about something a while back and he responded pretty much right away.

--- ENiGMA 1/2 v0.0.9-alpha (linux; x64; 10.13.0)
    * Origin: Xibalba -+- xibalba.l33t.codes:44510 (21:1/121)
  • From esc@21:1/112 to NuSkooler on Mon Dec 24 18:59:30 2018
    I haven't tried to set it up myself, but I agree it's a cool game. I
    think the author is fairly responsive. I had contacted him about
    something a while back and he responded pretty much right away.

I filed a bug on github and the dankdomain author fixed it within hours. He
    is pretty active, it seems.

I sent a pie-in-the-sky email asking what he'd think of some sort of rlogin configuration which automagically handles user account details, so that the user login experience (when gated from a BBS) would be transparent and just like any other door. Fingers crossed on this one...

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A39 2018/04/21 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Black Flag <ACiD Telnet HQ> blackflagbbs.com (21:1/112)