• Poirot

From Joacim Melin@21:2/130 to All on Mon Mar 11 23:27:14 2019
    David Suchets performance as Hercule Poirot is, as everyone universally agrees,
    no less than brilliant.

I thought I would list all my favourite episodes and see if anyone else actually gives a damn:

Season 6: Hercule Poirot's Christmas
    Season 8: Murder in Mesopotamia
    Season 9: Five Little Pigs, The Hollow
    Season 10: The Mystery of the Blue Train, Cards on the Table Season 11: Cat Among The Pigeons
    Season 13: Elephants Can Remember, The Labours of Hercules

Season 1-5 was standard TV episodes, about 60 minutes each but then they started to take it to another level with season 6. The absolut high point of the entire show in my opinion was season 9-11. Season 13 was in part a disappointment with "The Big Four" and some of the episodes in season 12 was disappointing as well where you clearly could see how the budget for the production had been badly cut in some episodes (The Clocks, Three Act Tragedy) and where it went flat out in others (Murder on the Orient Express) and really shined.

Opinions?

--- NiKom v2.5.0
    * Origin: Delta City (deltacity.se, Vallentuna, Sweden) (21:2/130.0)
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@21:4/122 to Joacim Melin on Mon Mar 11 17:14:59 2019
    Re: Poirot
    By: Joacim Melin to All on Mon Mar 11 2019 07:27 pm

David Suchets performance as Hercule Poirot is, as everyone universally agrees, no less than brilliant.

We get Poirot re-runs occasionally; He does an amazing job of owning the role. Ditto for Kenneth Branagh, I hear they have a sequel to "Orient Express" in the works.
    --- SBBSecho 3.06-Win32
    * Origin: http://realitycheckbbs.org (21:4/122)
  • From Joacim Melin@21:2/130 to poindexter FORTRAN on Tue Mar 12 02:43:12 2019
    Re: Poirot
    By: Joacim Melin to All on Mon Mar 11 2019 07:27 pm

David Suchets performance as Hercule Poirot is, as everyone universally JM>> agrees, no less than brilliant.

We get Poirot re-runs occasionally; He does an amazing job of owning
    the role.
    Ditto for Kenneth Branagh, I hear they have a sequel to "Orient
    Express" in the works.

I found the Branagh performance a far cry from the master (Suchet). Branagh plays Poirot but Suchet more or less IS Poirot.

--- NiKom v2.5.0
    * Origin: Delta City (deltacity.se, Vallentuna, Sweden) (21:2/130.0)