• VoIP, Data packet for Europe

From xqtr@21:1/111 to All on Mon Apr 22 18:15:26 2019
    In my country, there are three companies who offer mobile phone
    communications. From the begining it was obvious that they don't compete each other, but they go along... so the prices are almost the same. This results to high prices for mobile communications.

So my idea is to find a data packet (with sim) that is valid in Europe and offers reasonable prices, to use it with VoIP... this way i wont have to pay overpriced packages.

BTW, how do you pay for 1GB? here in greece its somewhere around 10 euros, as
    a package for a month. Otherwise if you pay by MB its more expensive.

:: XQTR :: Another Droid BBS :: andr01d.zapto.org:9999 :: xqtr@gmx.com

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/03 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Another Droid BBS # andr01d.zapto.org:9999 (21:1/111)
  • From Al@21:4/106 to xqtr on Mon Apr 22 16:53:56 2019
    In my country, there are three companies who offer mobile phone communications. From the begining it was obvious that they don't compete each
    other, but they go along... so the prices are almost the same. This results to
    high prices for mobile communications.

Same here in Canada. There are 3 major providers and we have smaller companies we can use also that get their services from one of the big 3.

So my idea is to find a data packet (with sim) that is valid in Europe and offers reasonable prices, to use it with VoIP... this way i wont have to pay overpriced packages.

BTW, how do you pay for 1GB? here in greece its somewhere around 10 euros, as a package for a month. Otherwise if you pay by MB its more expensive.

I don't have a contract, I bought my current phone from Amazon and use my provider, Fido's (not to be confused with Fidonet) bring your own phone plan. I
    get 5GB of data per month, unlimited calling within Canada and unlimited texting for $50.00 a month (plus taxes!).

The data seems to have increased recently here. They used to give me 250MB and charge me more per month for the plan and overages.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (21:4/106)
  • From xqtr@21:1/111 to Al on Tue Apr 23 13:29:03 2019
    plan. I get 5GB of data per month, unlimited calling within Canada and unlimited texting for $50.00 a month (plus taxes!).
    The data seems to have increased recently here. They used to give me
    250MB and charge me more per month for the plan and overages.

Almost the same charges, for data, but they give you infinite calling time which is good.

I found a sim called DreamSim , which offers 0.03 per MB and works all over europe. But it has its downsides also, like 25e to charge it.

The search continues :)

:: XQTR :: Another Droid BBS :: andr01d.zapto.org:9999 :: xqtr@gmx.com

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/03 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Another Droid BBS # andr01d.zapto.org:9999 (21:1/111)