• Hackfest

From StackFault@21:1/172 to All on Thu Nov 1 11:37:10 2018
    Hi folks,

For those who might be interested, and nearby (which I understand may not represent a lot of people), this week-end is the Hackfest being held in
    Quebec City. It's very similar to DefCon which is held in Las Vegas but at a smaller scale. This is 3 days of hacking, conferences, CTF, lockpicking, trainings, etc. If you can't be there in person, check out the website, we
    have a lot of good information.

For several years I have been involved in this organization and learned a
    lot. If by any chance someone is attending, please reach out to a member of
    the organization and ask for me, I would be very happy to meet you in person.

Until next time,

···──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────···
    ┌ Dave aka Stackfault ┐ ┌ bbs.bottomlessabyss.net [telnet·ssh≈2222] ┐
    └ The Bottomless Abyss BBS ┘ └ fsxNet @ 21:1/172 ┘
    -··· --- - - --- -- ·-·· · ··· ··· ·- -··· -·-- ··· ··· -··· -··· ···

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A39 2018/04/21 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: The Bottomless Abyss BBS (21:1/172)
  • From Mickey@21:1/156 to StackFault on Tue Nov 6 02:12:42 2018
    On 11/01/18, StackFault considering the facts, responded...

For those who might be interested, and nearby (which I understand may not represent a lot of people), this week-end is the Hackfest being held in Quebec City. It's very similar to DefCon which is held in Las Vegas but

Thanks for this. I find it interesting that Locksport is included in Hackfest. I'm assuming this was this past weekend. I hope it went well.

Mick Manning
    -(< Blindsided Blues >)-

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A39 2018/04/21 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Central Ontario Remote (21:1/156)
  • From StackFault@21:1/172 to Mickey on Tue Nov 6 03:29:15 2018
    Hi,

For those who might be interested, and nearby (which I understand may represent a lot of people), this week-end is the Hackfest being held Quebec City. It's very similar to DefCon which is held in Las Vegas b

Thanks for this. I find it interesting that Locksport is included in Hackfest. I'm assuming this was this past weekend. I hope it went well.

Yes it was awesome. We held the traditional lock sports, multiples CTFs (including one where we searched for missing persons info, and a social engineering one as well). This is definitely a nice event and if you never
    been to such an event, this is something I recommend, there is something to learn for everyone.

Cheers,

···──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────···
    ┌ Dave aka Stackfault ┐ ┌ bbs.bottomlessabyss.net [telnet·ssh≈2222] ┐
    └ The Bottomless Abyss BBS ┘ └ fsxNet @ 21:1/172 ┘
    -··· --- - - --- -- ·-·· · ··· ··· ·- -··· -·-- ··· ··· -··· -··· ···

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A39 2018/04/21 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: The Bottomless Abyss BBS (21:1/172)