• Mystic DOS?

From maskreet@21:1/114 to g00r00 on Wed Feb 6 19:38:58 2019
    Hey man, have been seeing you talk about this the last few days, and I was
    just wondering what it was. Is it a drop-to-DOS, like DOORWAY? Or some native Mystic, "you can run DOS doors in a separate DOS-like environment" thing? Got me all curious, man!

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A42 2018/12/27 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: throwbackbbs.com -\- meriden, ct -\- (21:1/114)
  • From g00r00@21:1/108 to maskreet on Wed Feb 6 19:58:43 2019
    Hey man, have been seeing you talk about this the last few days, and I
    was just wondering what it was. Is it a drop-to-DOS, like DOORWAY? Or
    some native Mystic, "you can run DOS doors in a separate DOS-like environment" thing? Got me all curious, man!

Its just a command shell built into Mystic where you can manage files, chat or kill users, edit ANSI or text files, run MPL and python scripts, access configuration, etc. It doesn't have anything to do with doors, sorry.

Its just part of bringing in some more stuff to help manage your BBS from a remote location, since running BBSes on virtual private servers has become much more popular - and Mystic has always been about having capabilities in place
    to manage your BBS remotely.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A42 2019/02/01 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Sector 7 (21:1/108)
  • From maskreet@21:1/114 to g00r00 on Wed Feb 6 21:49:34 2019
    On 06 Feb 2019, g00r00 said the following...

Its just a command shell built into Mystic where you can manage files, chat or kill users, edit ANSI or text files, run MPL and python scripts, access configuration, etc. It doesn't have anything to do with doors, sorry.

That's pretty damned awesome, man, don't apologize! I was just curious what
    it specifically had to do with. I've already got a Windows VM for doors
    anyway. =)

Its just part of bringing in some more stuff to help manage your BBS
    from a remote location, since running BBSes on virtual private servers
    has become much more popular - and Mystic has always been about having capabilities in place to manage your BBS remotely.

I really like this idea. I had DOORWAY setup when Mystic was running in Windows, but, yaknow, it only did DOS, not the other stuff you've listed.

Now that it's on an RPi, that's not an option, so I'm really looking forward
    to this!

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A42 2018/12/27 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: throwbackbbs.com -\- meriden, ct -\- (21:1/114)