• Double-Up! v2.0 by Darryl Perry 2014-2018

From bcw142@21:1/145 to All on Sat Apr 13 13:57:34 2019
    Double-Up! v2.0 by Darryl Perry 2014-2018 Double-Up the newer multiBBS version has rarely worked for my BBS. It is
    setup as right as I can make it and was working originally for a month
    or so. Right now it tends to hang or kick the player. Generally it hangs
    at the start or end, and kicks the player at the end. Either way it does
    do so cleanly enough that you can just get right back on the BBS and
    do whatever. The error message I see is the one many now see:
    This Python has API version 1013, module __mysticerror__ has version 2122974197.
    If at the start I hit L for Leaders it will just lock up and I have to
    'drop carrier' (Alt-X). That leave the system cleanly and you can get
    right back in and not hit L and be fine if you wait for the blocks to show. If you wait for the blocks to show up and start playing you can finish a normal game and it will likely hang at the end. Hit ESC and it will likewise hang and you either wait for timeout or ALT-X out (hangup).

Has anyone found a way to recover it when it's like this? It seems to
    never save a high scores, it has the dblup.ply which seems to be a
    high scores template, but no scores.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/03 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Mystic Pi BBS bcw142.zapto.org (21:1/145)
  • From bcw142@21:1/145 to bcw142 on Sun Apr 14 10:55:47 2019
    On 13 Apr 2019, bcw142 said the following...

Double-Up! v2.0 by Darryl Perry 2014-2018 Double-Up the newer multiBBS version has rarely worked for my BBS. It is setup as right as I can make it and was working originally for a month
    [SNIP]
    This Python has API version 1013, module __mysticerror__ has version 2122974197.

So after a quick look at things I'm now guessing it's a python 2 to 3 thing, and has happened due to updates. So my guess is we need to change the ibbs.mpy part of Double-Up! to fix the issues between python 2 vs python 3 due to updates in the OS. Check out: https://sebastianraschka.com/Articles/2014_python_2_3_key_diff.html
    I suspect ibbs.mpy can be updated to work. I'll be trying to test things to see if I can figure it out. Worse case is trying to reverse the updates
    since they're part of the OS.

• From Gryphon@21:1/120 to bcw142 on Mon Apr 15 14:05:09 2019
    On 14 Apr 2019 &4, bcw142 said the following...

On 13 Apr 2019, bcw142 said the following...

Double-Up! v2.0 by Darryl Perry 2014-2018 Double-Up the newer multiBBS version has rarely worked for my BBS. It setup as right as I can make it and was working originally for a mont
    [SNIP]

So after a quick look at things I'm now guessing it's a python 2 to 3 thing, and has happened due to updates. So my guess is we need to change the ibbs.mpy part of Double-Up! to fix the issues between python 2 vs python 3 due to updates in the OS. Check out: https://sebastianraschka.com/Articles/2014_python_2_3_key_diff.html
    I suspect ibbs.mpy can be updated to work. I'll be trying to test things to see if I can figure it out. Worse case is trying to reverse the
    updates since they're part of the OS.

If you get it to work by fixing the script, then that would be great. But I suspect that the error is with how mystic incorporates python. If that's the case, then I don't see a possiblilty of fixing it without a change to Mystic itself.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/02 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Cyberia BBS | cyberiabbs.zapto.org | San Jose, CA (21:1/120)
  • From bcw142@21:1/145 to Gryphon on Sat Apr 20 12:07:27 2019
    On 15 Apr 2019, Gryphon said the following...

If you get it to work by fixing the script, then that would be great.
    But I suspect that the error is with how mystic incorporates python. If that's the case, then I don't see a possiblilty of fixing it without a change to Mystic itself.

I know I have the right version of python now so I know it's not the version. The testpython.mpy script works fine and I believe your script is sending
    data out, it the receiving side that isn't working. Also the scores view (L) doesn't work. I think it's the duscore.asc that is causing it. I've found
    that duscore.ans works fine and can be viewed with the GD command followed
    by a GT with BarCRBarPA to pause it on screen. What the L command does I'm
    not sure but the duscore.asc is garbled at best on the Pi, where the duscore.ans works fine. I'm going to look in to trying to get the L command
    to function first, then start getting the FSXDAT stuff to work after that.

If you want a look at what I mean by duscore.asc being garbled you can look
    at bcw142.zapto.org (all default ports work) from the main menu X the /S and the Double-Up! 'garbled' scores are shown. The working scores (duscore.ans) is in the Door menu under T in the full Top scores list I created.

• From Gryphon@21:1/120 to bcw142 on Wed Apr 24 20:20:13 2019
    On 20 Apr 2019 &4, bcw142 said the following...
    If you want a look at what I mean by duscore.asc being garbled you can look at bcw142.zapto.org (all default ports work) from the main menu X
    the /S and the Double-Up! 'garbled' scores are shown. The working scores (duscore.ans) is in the Door menu under T in the full Top scores list I created.

does that happen every time the game gets played?

• From Gryphon@21:1/120 to bcw142 on Wed Apr 24 20:28:49 2019

On 15 Apr 2019, Gryphon said the following...

If you get it to work by fixing the script, then that would be great. But I suspect that the error is with how mystic incorporates python. that's the case, then I don't see a possiblilty of fixing it without change to Mystic itself.

I know I have the right version of python now so I know it's not the version. The testpython.mpy script works fine and I believe your script
    is sending data out, it the receiving side that isn't working. Also the scores view (L) doesn't work. I think it's the duscore.asc that is
    causing it. I've found that duscore.ans works fine and can be viewed
    with the GD command followed by a GT with BarCRBarPA to pause it on screen. What the L command does I'm not sure but the duscore.asc is garbled at best on the Pi, where the duscore.ans works fine. I'm going
    to look in to trying to get the L command to function first, then start getting the FSXDAT stuff to work after that.

If you want a look at what I mean by duscore.asc being garbled you can look at bcw142.zapto.org (all default ports work) from the main menu X
    the /S and the Double-Up! 'garbled' scores are shown. The working scores (duscore.ans) is in the Door menu under T in the full Top scores list I created.

I think that your player file may have gotten garbled. I recommend removing
    the dblup.ply file and letting it get rebuilt. Maybe move it off out of the
    way if you don't want to loose it.

I suppose that it would be cool to have a function where a node can poll all the other nodes to get the current scores for each node. But the way the
    scores are handled would keep that from working well. The only thing I can think of doing is making a maint app that would read the players file and
    send out updates as if a player had just played. But I haven't found a good
    way of having MPL/MPY maint events run to automate BBS functions.

• From bcw142@21:1/145 to Gryphon on Thu Apr 25 18:25:39 2019
    On 24 Apr 2019, Gryphon said the following...

If you want a look at what I mean by duscore.asc being garbled you ca look at bcw142.zapto.org (all default ports work) from the main menu the /S and the Double-Up! 'garbled' scores are shown. The working sco (duscore.ans) is in the Door menu under T in the full Top scores list created.

does that happen every time the game gets played?

Yes, everything is always the same. The problems aren't random - they are
    fixed issues. The L will alwaus hang it (drop connection to end - Alt-X generally). The BBS will clean that up as a ghost node pretty quickly.