• Server Logging

From Avon@21:1/101 to g00r00 on Tue Dec 11 18:37:00 2018
    Thanks for this, I like the options.
    Can you advise acceptable codes to use for the date stamp format
    Suggest you also offer the ability to set user defined path and filenames for each type of logging.
    I'm picking this it not a fully enabled option as yet, I did some tests last night but couldn't get some logging to budge off level 3.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A40 2018/12/10 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)
  • From g00r00@21:1/112 to Avon on Wed Dec 12 05:36:19 2018
    Thanks for this, I like the options.
    Can you advise acceptable codes to use for the date stamp format
    Suggest you also offer the ability to set user defined path and
    filenames for each type of logging.

The upgrade sets defaults although if you were one of the first to download those prealphas the upgrade wasn't completed yet so you probably have to manually set it.

I am not going to add a path, but maybe name. I am trying to move in the opposite direction as I've mentioned in the past because there are way too
    many paths throughout the configuration and its a pain to move your BBS to another system, drive, or OS.

If I had it my way I'd be removing message base paths too and they would all
    be in a subdirectory under data. This is one of the biggest offenders... and themes too.

I'm picking this it not a fully enabled option as yet, I did some tests last night but couldn't get some logging to budge off level 3.

Yep none of it is active. If its not mentioned in the whatsnew yet there is
    a major chance its being worked on. Thats a general rule for prealphas but
    of course I am human and I could also just forget to document something in
    the whatsnew at some point.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A39 2018/04/21 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Black Flag <ACiD Telnet HQ> blackflagbbs.com (21:1/112)
  • From Avon@21:1/101 to g00r00 on Thu Dec 13 00:54:49 2018
    On 12/12/18, g00r00 pondered and said...

The upgrade sets defaults although if you were one of the first to download those prealphas the upgrade wasn't completed yet so you
    probably have to manually set it.

The price of being overly eager ;)

I am not going to add a path, but maybe name. I am trying to move in the opposite direction as I've mentioned in the past because there are way
    too many paths throughout the configuration and its a pain to move your BBS to another system, drive, or OS.

Then I'd suggest just keep status quo and standardise the names as you have. It's a nice to have thing I thought but I can see your points and you're correct I'd forgotten that discussion from some month ago re themes etc.

Yep none of it is active. If its not mentioned in the whatsnew yet
    there is a major chance its being worked on. Thats a general rule for prealphas but of course I am human and I could also just forget to document something in the whatsnew at some point.

A guy can still poke and prod though - heh :)

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A40 2018/12/11 (Windows/32)
  • From g00r00@21:1/112 to Avon on Fri Dec 14 09:31:14 2018
    Then I'd suggest just keep status quo and standardise the names as you have. It's a nice to have thing I thought but I can see your points and you're correct I'd forgotten that discussion from some month ago re
    themes etc.

Yep and that Mystic 2 demo I released a while back has the entire system of changes implemented that ultimately I wish Mystic 1 had. You can just move
    or rename the root directory and everything still just works without any configuration change. Likewise you can move between Windows, OSX, Linux and you don't have to change any configuration - it just works.

I really like that approach. I know some people seem to be almost "OCD" with where they store their message base files and they have let me know that they would not appreciate the change...

But the filebases do not allow you to change where the are stored, and those same people have never really been bothered by that. So I feel as thought
    its just resistance because people really are suspicious of changes (not just in BBS software).

Or I could be way off who knows lol

The themes also allow you to just drag and drop the theme into the themes folder and it just works. You can share it easily with no configuration
    change or installation required - just drop it in and you're done. I really really would like to do that with Mystic 1 as well.

A guy can still poke and prod though - heh :)

Absolutely :)

• From Gryphon@21:1/120 to g00r00 on Fri Dec 14 21:00:31 2018
    g00r00,

I don't know if anybody else has brought it up, but in A39, I'm having an
    issue where mutil is not posting ansi's right. I try to use the message posting feature for some ansi that have worked in the past, but when using
    A39, the ansis are now garbled. I've tried several times to resave the ansis in block mode with 79x24 but it still garbles them.

I just wanted to bring it up in case it hasn't been mentioned before.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A39 2018/04/21 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Cyberia BBS | cyberiabbs.zapto.org | San Jose, CA (21:1/120)
  • From Avon@21:1/101 to Gryphon on Sat Dec 15 20:15:50 2018
    On 12/14/18, Gryphon pondered and said...

g00r00,

I don't know if anybody else has brought it up, but in A39, I'm having an issue where mutil is not posting ansi's right. I try to use the message posting feature for some ansi that have worked in the past, but when
    using A39, the ansis are now garbled. I've tried several times to
    resave the ansis in block mode with 79x24 but it still garbles them.

Yep confirmed here also. Using MUTIL to post ANSI using the latest pre-alpha
    40 build also does the same. But if I use the FSE and call the 'upload'
    option it imports them in nicely.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A40 2018/12/14 (Windows/32)
  • From StackFault@21:1/172 to Gryphon on Sat Dec 15 05:30:23 2018
    I don't know if anybody else has brought it up, but in A39, I'm having an issue where mutil is not posting ansi's right. I try to use the message posting feature for some ansi that have worked in the past, but when
    using A39, the ansis are now garbled. I've tried several times to
    resave the ansis in block mode with 79x24 but it still garbles them.

What I found worked well is setting the max line length to 79 in TheDraw. Not sure for other programs however. Setting just the block to 79 but leaving unlimited lines results in garbled messages.

Hope that helps

Cheers!

|15 ▀ ▐ |15StackFault |08<|03.|11.|15P|11h|03EN|11o|15M|11.|03.|08>
    |11 ▌ ▀ |11The Bottomless Abyss BBS
    |03 ▀ ▌▀ |03ssh|08.|072222 |08/ |03telnet|08.|072023 |08/ |03https
    |08 ▄■▐ |08bbs|07.|08bottomlessabyss|07.|08net

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A39 2018/04/21 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: The Bottomless Abyss BBS ■ bbs.bottomlessabyss.net (21:1/172)
  • From g00r00@21:1/112 to Gryphon on Sat Dec 15 19:20:54 2018
    I don't know if anybody else has brought it up, but in A39, I'm having an issue where mutil is not posting ansi's right. I try to use the message

MUTIL msg post has never directly supported ANSI, you have to format it to 79 columns or less. It sounds like you did that though?