• string.split();

From MCMLXXIX@VERT/MDJ to Digital Man on Mon Sep 27 16:21:45 2010
    I've been working on something that splits a string at certain match points, and noticed that it crashes JSEXEC in windows, but not in linux...

try this:

"this is a test".split(/(is|a|test)/ig);

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The BRoKEN BuBBLE (MDJ.ATH.CX)
  • From Digital Man@VERT to MCMLXXIX on Tue Sep 28 19:16:24 2010
    Re: string.split();
    By: MCMLXXIX to Digital Man on Mon Sep 27 2010 12:21 pm

I've been working on something that splits a string at certain match
    points, and noticed that it crashes JSEXEC in windows, but not in linux...

try this:

It is interesting that it's crashing. Did you confirm that you're testing with the same version of SpiderMonkey (jslib) on Windows and Linux? When I get a chance, I'll see if I can pass on a trace to the SpiderMonkey guys. They may have already fixed this one.

Anyway, String.split() doesn't take a regexp as an argument, so what you're trying to do won't work anyway. See https://developer.mozilla.org/en/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/String for details.

digital man

Snapple "Real Fact" #184:
    The most used letters in the English language are E, T, A, O, I and N.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From MCMLXXIX@VERT/MDJ to Digital Man on Thu Sep 30 15:42:35 2010
    By: Digital Man to MCMLXXIX on Tue Sep 28 2010 15:16:24

I've been working on something that splits a string at certain match points, and noticed that it crashes JSEXEC in windows, but not in linux..

try this:

It is interesting that it's crashing. Did you confirm that you're testing wi the same version of SpiderMonkey (jslib) on Windows and Linux? When I get a chance, I'll see if I can pass on a trace to the SpiderMonkey guys. They may have already fixed this one.

Anyway, String.split() doesn't take a regexp as an argument, so what you're trying to do won't work anyway. See https://developer.mozilla.org/en/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/String details.

it does take a regexp as an argument, and the above statement works fine in linux, I can only assume it is the same version of spidermonkey, as they are both running the same dev build of synchronet. same everything.

the "g" wasnt necessary in that above example, I realize, but it does actually work... result: th,is, ,is, ,a, ,test,

---
  • From MCMLXXIX@VERT/MDJ to Digital Man on Thu Sep 30 15:53:48 2010

I've been working on something that splits a string at certain match points, and noticed that it crashes JSEXEC in windows, but not in linux..

try this:

It is interesting that it's crashing. Did you confirm that you're testing wi the same version of SpiderMonkey (jslib) on Windows and Linux? When I get a chance, I'll see if I can pass on a trace to the SpiderMonkey guys. They may have already fixed this one.

Anyway, String.split() doesn't take a regexp as an argument, so what you're trying to do won't work anyway. See https://developer.mozilla.org/en/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/String details.

interestingly enough, using a regexp gives you a slightly different result: "0123456789".split("2"); // 01,3456789
    "0123456789".split(/2/); // 01,2,3456789

---
  • From MCMLXXIX@VERT/MDJ to Digital Man on Thu Sep 30 15:57:04 2010
    By: MCMLXXIX to Digital Man on Thu Sep 30 2010 11:53:48

I've been working on something that splits a string at certain match points, and noticed that it crashes JSEXEC in windows, but not in linu

try this:

It is interesting that it's crashing. Did you confirm that you're testing the same version of SpiderMonkey (jslib) on Windows and Linux? When I get chance, I'll see if I can pass on a trace to the SpiderMonkey guys. They have already fixed this one.

Anyway, String.split() doesn't take a regexp as an argument, so what you' trying to do won't work anyway. See https://developer.mozilla.org/en/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Stri details.

interestingly enough, using a regexp gives you a slightly different result: "0123456789".split("2"); // 01,3456789
    "0123456789".split(/2/); // 01,2,3456789

actually, I have to amend that last example...
    "0123456789".split(/2/); // 01,3456789
    "0123456789".split(/(2)/); //01,2,3456789

---
  • From Digital Man@VERT to MCMLXXIX on Thu Sep 30 20:46:02 2010
    By: MCMLXXIX to Digital Man on Thu Sep 30 2010 11:42 am

try this:

It is interesting that it's crashing. Did you confirm that you're
    testing wi the same version of SpiderMonkey (jslib) on Windows and
    Linux? When I get a chance, I'll see if I can pass on a trace to the SpiderMonkey guys. They may have already fixed this one.

Anyway, String.split() doesn't take a regexp as an argument, so what you're trying to do won't work anyway. See

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Stri details.

it does take a regexp as an argument, and the above statement works fine in linux, I can only assume it is the same version of spidermonkey, as they
    are both running the same dev build of synchronet. same everything.

I see that now. Weird.

digital man

Snapple "Real Fact" #122:
    A duck canÆt walk without bobbing itÆs head.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net